Hi Guys,

This could be similar to other threads about the same topic but i assure you its also different :P

Ok so as I have let ye know there yesterday I have ordered my new 9780, which is due Friday

I know the otterbox is the grandaddy of cases and it would take a bullet.

I have tried shopping crackberry as I want to give business to this website as I love it. But i simply cant afford the price of the case and post and packaging all the way to Ireland, I mean the P&P is more than the case itself :P

So im afraid i shall shop amazon.co.uk which is a little closer to home and the P&P will not have to be paid with food money

So my question is:

Is the case for the 9700 suitable for the 9780, I know in the review Kevin said the form factor is pretty much the same, but because im spending so much on this phone and added cost for a case, I really dont want to get this wrong, I mean i will be BROKE after all this so dont want to have to fix any stupid mistakes i make myself

Also the case is very important, I drop things hourly... true story

Thanks for any help,
    Gary
    Last edited by ghogie91; 01-12-11 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Diabolical spelling ;)
    01-12-11 03:25 PM
    I've dropped mine once and the otterbox did it's job admirably. I too have butter fingers at times, so having my device without some form of protective cover is a definite no no. I don't know which otterbox I have but it's basically a silicon/rubber sleeve over the device and then a plastic "clip" for lack of a better word which wraps top, bottom and two sides at points enough to keep it in place.

I think it was $30 or so at the local telus store.
    01-12-11 03:31 PM
    I've dropped mine once and the otterbox did it's job admirably. I too have butter fingers at times, so having my device without some form of protective cover is a definite no no. I don't know which otterbox I have but it's basically a silicon/rubber sleeve over the device and then a plastic "clip" for lack of a better word which wraps top, bottom and two sides at points enough to keep it in place.

I think it was $30 or so at the local telus store.
    Aw I know what you mean, I seem to only drop the things that cost top dollar too, butter fingers is the only explanation

Well sorry I forgot to mention which one exactly I was looking at, So I am lookin at the Otterbox Commuter for my future bold. And the reason i am buying in advance is because once I get it into my hands out of that box, the phone is in constant danger of just being dropped, knocked or banged lol
    Last edited by ghogie91; 01-12-11 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Spelling.... again
    Electrical_Tech likes this.
    01-12-11 03:38 PM
    The 9700 and 9780 use the same cases. I have both phones and the cases interchange just fine.
    ghogie91 likes this.
    01-12-11 03:50 PM
    The commuter is the case the other poster was describing. Everything I have heard suggests that the 9700 and 9780 are identical in every way physically with the exception of the bezel color.
    ghogie91 likes this.
    01-12-11 03:51 PM
    Cheers Lads, Im gonna put in an order now so. Thanks for the help. And again im gonna stress my apologies for not shopping crackberry but i simply cannot afford it
    01-12-11 03:56 PM
    Hey Gary
    I'm sure this is late and you've already ordered but I use both the Defender and the Commuter. Defender is my work case and while it does make it quite a bit bigger the amount of times I've dropped it makes it worth every penny. The Commuter is a great case. After a short while you'll be so used to it you won't notice it makes it a bit bigger.
    01-13-11 11:02 AM
    Thanks for the reply, yes I have ordered the commuter and the reviews are positive I might buy a defender a little down the line alright because I work with oxygen and that involves big cylinders of gas so maybe the defender might be a welcome addition thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-11 12:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD