02-04-10 10:21 PM
204 ... 6789
tools
    I looked through the thread, but still haven't seen an answer to the question "Which Seido clip is being used in the OP?" Has anyone found an answer to that? Thanks

Love my Commuter case BTW!
    Its a Seidio holster but the model i dont know.
    12-05-09 03:27 PM
    Its a Seidio holster but the model i dont know.
    Yep, just hoping someone - UGAStorm? - can let us know which Seido clip it is.

BTW, I found a tip in another thread that may help with the bottom key issue...Bradbogy listed this tip:
    "Try this .. it worked for me. To fix non responsive buttons fold up a small piece of aluminum foil to the size of your SIM card and stick it under the battery.
    It improves the click and responsiveness greatly and I never have issues with the bottom 4 buttons anymore."

I have tried it and so far the responsiveness is much better, and I haven't had the issue at all since doing this. Just an FYI
    Last edited by shamrock61; 12-05-09 at 04:20 PM.
    12-05-09 04:17 PM
    What do you guys do when you have to do a battery pull? So far the Apps haven't updated to do an "electronic" battery pull. I would have to give up my $25 cradle I just got! I like the looks of it...are people having trouble with the buttons if they use the case, but not the protector? I keep mine in my shirt pocket and it looks like it would slide in and out easy...the skin makes it harder.
    12-06-09 10:23 PM
    that looks pretty good, time to invest somethin better than the cheap silicone case i have
    12-06-09 10:25 PM
    What do you guys do when you have to do a battery pull? So far the Apps haven't updated to do an "electronic" battery pull. I would have to give up my $25 cradle I just got! I like the looks of it...are people having trouble with the buttons if they use the case, but not the protector? I keep mine in my shirt pocket and it looks like it would slide in and out easy...the skin makes it harder.
    Well i have meterberry and quicklaunch. I use which ever one i decide to do a soft reset.
    12-06-09 10:39 PM
    I looked through the thread, but still haven't seen an answer to the question "Which Seido clip is being used in the OP?" Has anyone found an answer to that? Thanks

Love my Commuter case BTW!
    I use the one I had for Storm 1, Innocase II Surface combo.

While the holster does hold the phone in place it's not a perfect fit. The holster holds against pull, push and bump, I am not able to knock the phone out of the holster regardless how hard as I try. However the spring release tap is very touchy. since the spring tap doesn't wrap around the upper part of the phone perfectly. Any bump to the tap there is a chance the phone will be released from the holster. Here are some pictures.
    12-06-09 11:58 PM
    Nice pic there thanks for sharing hopefully everyone can see why its not a perfect fit but it can still be used.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-09 06:38 AM
    http://shop.crackberry.com/smartphon...medium=content

Not sure if I posted the link correctly. If not got to Accessories tab - Blackberry cases - Find the Extended Fit Top Case Model #A5458. Works great with the Otterbox Commuter case.
    12-07-09 08:25 AM
    I originally had that same exact belt clip but then upgrade to the newer version which allows for the spring clip to be locked into place. I was always having the phone drop out when I leaned up against our kitchen countertop.

The edge of the clip that makes contact with the Otterbox is a small rubber foot. I was able to grab it with a pair of pliers and slide it right out of the clip, allowing it to come down just a bit more and then allowing me to "lock" it in place. Now I'm 100% happy with the Otterbox.
    12-07-09 09:26 AM
    I originally had that same exact belt clip but then upgrade to the newer version which allows for the spring clip to be locked into place. I was always having the phone drop out when I leaned up against our kitchen countertop.

The edge of the clip that makes contact with the Otterbox is a small rubber foot. I was able to grab it with a pair of pliers and slide it right out of the clip, allowing it to come down just a bit more and then allowing me to "lock" it in place. Now I'm 100% happy with the Otterbox.
    do you have a link to the newer version that allows the spring clip to be locked?

I had the phone poped out twice leaning on the check out counter in the supermarket... not fun
    12-07-09 12:23 PM
    12-07-09 12:35 PM
    i bought seidio holster to go wit my commuter case nd it doesnt fit wich holster are u usin
    12-07-09 08:01 PM
    Look at post #181 of this thread or the post immediately before you question...
    12-08-09 06:09 AM

How is the spring mechanism on the holster. I heard problems of some of the older ones wearing out over time, does this still seem to be the issue with this newer holster? Thanks.
    12-08-09 08:15 AM
    I used mine on my Storm for a few months and then now on my Storm2 and I've not seen any signs of fatigue or abnormal wear.
    12-08-09 08:19 AM
    All I have to say is that I'm totally stoked that I bought this case. I was jumping out of the work van yesterday and forgot my S2 was on my lap. Saw my 9550 in mid air and was like "sh*t! There goes my beautiful phone on it's way to hit the blacktop and a cracked screen."
    But it landed on a corner and the phone was totally fine. No issues at all. Wiped off the dirt and smudges... but it totally saved my phone.
    After seeing my S2 fall from about 4 feet to the blacktop and have nothing happen... I was recommend this case to anyone.
    12-08-09 12:50 PM

Thanks for the input...this is what I am going with then.
    12-08-09 04:57 PM
    Great case. I had one for my Tour and loved it and bought one for my Storm 2 before I got the phone. As soon as I got the phone the Otterbox Commuter went on it.
    01-10-10 05:56 PM
    Great case I have the same one works great!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    01-10-10 07:16 PM
    Best case I have used, except the led hole does not line up
    01-10-10 08:37 PM
    Ok, for anyone who was looking for a belt case that fits the Commuter (like I was).. Found a GREAT one today!
    Not 100% sure who makes this, it has a part # of "PC 882" and "Genuine Handtooled Leather" stamped in it, with a sticky tag that says "Western Fashion Acc" but no one knew if that was the brand or the department..
    Found it at a local tack store when we were looking for tack for our horse.. Was only $24 (about 1/2 of some other cases I've found) and I really like the design tooled into it (a basket weave with barb wire).. But then I like most western patterns..
    It hold the BB as if it was custom cut for the Commuter case, holds it is a horizontal position.

I've been looking around for a good belt case locally since I got the Commuter.. I love the commuter,but there are times I dont want it in my pocket (if not wearing a jacket I dont want it in my pants pocket with my keys!) and this fits the bill nicely.

Last edited by kf6kmx; 01-31-10 at 12:50 AM.
    01-31-10 12:34 AM
    Any more coupon codes out there for the otter box site or for CB?

Also does this case add any protection against dust from your pocket?

Dust is the biggest issue since phone will be in pocket a lot.
    Last edited by AaronJP; 01-31-10 at 01:05 AM.
    01-31-10 01:00 AM
    I'm stuck between the Case-Mate Touch Hybrid case (Case-Mate BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Hybrid Tough Cases (Case-Mate BB9550HY), BlackBerry Storm2 9550 Cases, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories in Premium Leather) which I think also looks good.

I have to agree on the question: Does it protect the corners of the device to evade dust getting into the screen? (on the Otterbox) which is a main selling point for me.

Thanks
    01-31-10 02:15 AM
    I heated my clip up over an electric kettle steam (kind of crude I know, but......) and straightened it a bit and now the lock works just fine. Just take your time and don't try and bend it too much or the clip may break!

Hope it helps.............
    R...

While the holster does hold the phone in place it's not a perfect fit. The holster holds against pull, push and bump, I am not able to knock the phone out of the holster regardless how hard as I try. However the spring release tap is very touchy. since the spring tap doesn't wrap around the upper part of the phone perfectly. Any bump to the tap there is a chance the phone will be released from the holster. Here are some pictures.
    01-31-10 10:44 AM
    Got my Storm 2 last Wed from Verizon, ordered my Commuter case from Amazon, had it arrive the same day as my Storm 2--- put everything on, have to say, I love the case, went to Disneyland yesterday, took tons of pix, worked out the phone to the max, no issues what so ever with this case, don't mind the slight bulk increase, I'm glad i bought it, I have 2 bubbles on the clear screen cover, will have to deal with it, but when its lit, dont see them--- I'm a happy OB Commuter user!! Cheers, Michael
    01-31-10 12:25 PM
204 ... 6789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD