02-04-10 11:21 PM
204 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Just ordered my commuter case from otterbox. Also would like to thanks cobra kommander for providing coupon code to.
    11-07-09 01:03 AM
    Ordered mine tonight...unboxing and review will come when it gets here
    11-08-09 08:49 PM
    Ordered mine tonight...unboxing and review will come when it gets here
    Nice mines i should recieve mines i believe thursday or friday i cant wait
    11-08-09 09:13 PM
    what up with the obnoxious otter on the back???? big enough? Fugly
    11-08-09 09:34 PM
    what up with the obnoxious otter on the back???? big enough? Fugly
    On all there cases it shows that i believe check out there website We've Got Technology Covered // OtterBox.com
    11-08-09 09:37 PM
    I can finally rest easy. My otterbox came today and I got it on with minimal fuss. I think there may be a speck of dust under one corner but it is so hard to see it mght as well not even exist.

My first impressions? It is a good blend of slim design and basic protection. I wouldn't want to throw my phone across the room with this case being it's only protection but I am sure it is more than capable of protecting my Storm from a drop off of a table or a slip from my hand onto the concrete. I also like the way it feels in my hand. Easy to grip. Not too bulky.

The buttons line up well and the plugs for the USB and headphone jacks fit snugly. Much better than on my old 8330 case. I wish the screen protector was about 1-2 millimeters wider and longer but that is not that not an issue since I will probably be making my own later.

Typing is a breeze and I can bang out text in landscape as well as portrait mode with no problem.

I will still be getting a Defender case for work when they become available but I think that this commuter case will offer good day-to-day protection.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-09-09 05:02 PM
    Just got my case and I'm loving it!!!I Love how it comes with a screen protector that actually covers the whole glass screen. Def recommend. Protects the phone nicely without the bulk
    11-09-09 06:23 PM
    Gentlemen, I need to know something. Is the screen protector attached, or is it seperate?
    11-09-09 06:29 PM
    Got mine the other day. Its great.
    11-09-09 06:38 PM
    im so bad i have the storm 2 sitting in box waiting for defender before i even activate it
    11-09-09 06:51 PM
    Moviemogul,

The screen protector is a separate film that you apply to the screen before you put the skin and plastic case on. It does not have any overlap between the case and the screen protector. It is cut to the shape of the screen but there is about a 1 millimeter area of uncovered surface all the way around the screen. It is pretty much nonexistent once the case is on but I would have preferred a more "perfect" size. Even if that does mean it would be a nightmare to get properly aligned. I will probably get a matte finish type screen protector at a later date that is a more exact fit. But this one is damn close.

But at least with it being a separate piece from the rest of the case you can easily take your phone in and out of the case while still having the screen protector on. That was something I could never do with my curve.
    11-09-09 07:10 PM
    Moviemogul,

The screen protector is a separate film that you apply to the screen before you put the skin and plastic case on. It does not have any overlap between the case and the screen protector. It is cut to the shape of the screen but there is about a 1 millimeter area of uncovered surface all the way around the screen. It is pretty much nonexistent once the case is on but I would have preferred a more "perfect" size. Even if that does mean it would be a nightmare to get properly aligned. I will probably get a matte finish type screen protector at a later date that is a more exact fit. But this one is damn close.

But at least with it being a separate piece from the rest of the case you can easily take your phone in and out of the case while still having the screen protector on. That was something I could never do with my curve.

Thanks, the reason I asked, was that I have a custom matte protector on mine already, and it's a perfect fit
    11-09-09 07:54 PM
    Thanks, the reason I asked, was that I have a custom matte protector on mine already, and it's a perfect fit
    Yeah, then I would just stick with that one. What, may I ask, did you make yours out of? I have oily skin and I find that the slick screens smear something fierce.
    11-09-09 07:56 PM
    Yeah, then I would just stick with that one. What, may I ask, did you make yours out of? I have oily skin and I find that the slick screens smear something fierce.
    I bought these for my ipod touch

Anti glare Film Set for iPod Touch2G - iPod Touch2G Screen Protector - iPod Touch2G Protector - iPod Touch2G Protective Film - iPod Touch2G Accessories - PowerSupport USA

I then put the original protector that came packaged on the phone on the back of the spare one. Cut to fit with sharp scissors.

The best part, it's static, so you can remove it easily, and it doesn't need water to apply.
    11-09-09 08:13 PM
    What does the Otterbox do to reception on the phone? I'm interested-- I've never before seen a phone protector that well designed.
    11-09-09 09:43 PM
    It doesn't affect reception. It is simply a high impact plastic case. It is designed for protection first and style second. BUT...... their newest offerings for phones like the Storm, Storm2, & iPhone are quite nice.
    11-09-09 09:49 PM
    Are you using the supplied screen protector from otterbox and is there any interference?
    11-09-09 10:30 PM
    Mine came last night... Love this case! I've had 3 defenders.. They work great but always seem a little bulky... I love the size and feel of this one...
    My wife also has a Storm2, she is holding out for the defender, so we'll have one of each to compare when they come out!
    11-10-09 03:31 PM
    Stupid question as I don't even have my Storm 2 yet, but the protectors don't affect touch performance, i.e. scrolling, at all?
    11-10-09 04:14 PM
    Looks like it is time for me to make an upgrade on my case . I have been using a generic one I got from BlackBerry Storm2 Cases, but this looks like something worth investing in. Especially since it offers screen protection...

Thank you!
    11-10-09 04:17 PM
    I jumped on the bandwagon too. Just ordered mine. Thanks Cobra for the coupon code. Came in very handy.

(I just got mine last night and it is a great case. very well made and fits the 9550 perfectly. Love it)
    Last edited by satalite; 11-14-09 at 01:05 PM.
    11-10-09 04:48 PM
    Yup that coupon did came in handy I used it for mines to. Still waiting for it to come in hopefully by this week. That coupon save me a couple of bucks but it did came in handy right guys.

11-10-09 05:28 PM
    so how is the typing in landscape mode everyone? Smooth as without the case?
    11-10-09 05:36 PM
    Hey guys when i get mines in i'm gonna post some pics for ya.
    11-10-09 11:56 PM
    Yeah its a seidio holster. The fit is perfect, and you all are welcome for the pics. Trust me this case is awesome.

Exactly which holster part number are you using? I don't want to order the wrong one.
    Thanks
    11-11-09 12:21 PM
204 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD