Just got my Defender case from the big brown truck. I'm guessing that they updated the case somehow, it wasn't as hard to put it on as some of the reviews here made it sound. The thermal layer only covers the keypad and there is a molded in cover for the screen and the camera in the hard plastic case. Thinking about taking the keypad cover off though, it just doesn't feel right when I typing or scrolling.
    03-30-09 05:04 PM
    Think the new design is just for ours. Friend got one or his 8330 and no hard screen protector

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-30-09 06:12 PM
    I think the makers figured this one would need to be a lot tougher than previous boxes, hence the hard plastic over the screen, I love it! It is unique to the 8350i.

PS. Hey Monkey, tell us when you get annoyed of people you're talking to asking "Do you hear that echo?"!!! I love my Otterbox and its a neccesity in my job, but man it's annoying! I've never been one for the earbud bluetooth(love it in the car though!) but that is 100% what you need with this case!
    03-30-09 07:09 PM
    I think the makers figured this one would need to be a lot tougher than previous boxes, hence the hard plastic over the screen, I love it! It is unique to the 8350i.

PS. Hey Monkey, tell us when you get annoyed of people you're talking to asking "Do you hear that echo?"!!! I love my Otterbox and its a neccesity in my job, but man it's annoying! I've never been one for the earbud bluetooth(love it in the car though!) but that is 100% what you need with this case!
    Is the echo reported in calls or direct connect?

03-30-09 07:25 PM
    Because the cover, covers the mic hole it creates an internal echo. Some people have made a tiny hole around that area in their otter box cases to correct it!

03-30-09 07:32 PM
    Lol I drilled a hole. Still have an echo. Praying for tomorrows update

03-30-09 07:35 PM
    Yep me too. Drilled hole still have echo but only if I turn ear piece volume past 50%. It makes it very hard sometimes on costruction site trying to hear the guy on the other end when ear piece vol is only at 50%. But I make due

03-30-09 07:56 PM
    There is a hole on my case over the mic on the bottom edge. Maybe they updated the design.

03-30-09 09:15 PM
    Just bought mine over the past weekend and yes theres an echo ,time to break out the dremmel and get creative , Maybe some extra holes in the front and back near the mic
    03-30-09 09:49 PM
    Oh , and the screen protector tends to get stuck to the screen making it look like its wet in spots , maybe I will cut the protector out and use a regular screen protector. instead
    03-31-09 08:02 AM
    ....I also cut a small piece of black neoprene to fit in the camera hole,....I left a small tab and sliced it a little in past the outline so when its placed inside, the tab protrudes upwards and sticks out just far enough to remove quickly,....IMO they should have included one ...kinda like the charger cover
    03-31-09 09:09 PM
    ....I also cut a small piece of black neoprene to fit in the camera hole,....I left a small tab and sliced it a little in past the outline so when its placed inside, the tab protrudes upwards and sticks out just far enough to remove quickly,....IMO they should have included one ...kinda like the charger cover
    Done the same thing about an hour ago , Ceasar u r a wiz . LOL
    03-31-09 09:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD