04-11-08 05:34 PM
29 12
tools
    I just got an Otterbox for my Curve and I absolutely love it.
    02-10-08 11:35 AM
    Thts great tracy

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-08 11:44 AM
    lol, Same here. I had to cut off the part that covers the mic though. People would complain that the calls were not clear.
    02-10-08 11:47 AM
    It looks so heavy how does it feel Tracy/CMEC

Bringing sexy back! A distinct line of semi-rugged, slim fit cases that offers complete user interaction in an attractive look and feel. Cases shield from dust, dirt and drops in a thin yet protective design. Great for people on-the-go and those looking to defend their device without added bulk!

GOOD but I dont think its that slimming and it look to bulky for me.
    02-10-08 12:51 PM
    I'm really thinking of getting one of these for my 8310. But I don't want to risk not liking it after spending so much $ on it. You know? It really does look cool though.

02-10-08 01:45 PM
    It's really cool. I had another clip on case but it kept slipping off and causing my BB to bounce and me to say un repeatable things. This one does not slip (so far). To me, it's not really as bulky as you would think. And the company said that they have a money back guarantee.
    02-10-08 04:10 PM
    I have one also and really like it. I have unfortunately already had it drop from about 3 feet, and had absolutely no damge. It does what it is designed for.

However, in my opinion, it is a little bulky, but what do you expect when you add any case?
    02-10-08 10:49 PM
    Mine will be here, on Wednesday. I, finally, broke down and bought one. While the Speck clear case looks good, it's pretty flimsy on the sides.
    02-11-08 02:17 PM
    It looks so heavy how does it feel Tracy/CMEC

Bringing sexy back! A distinct line of semi-rugged, slim fit cases that offers complete user interaction in an attractive look and feel. Cases shield from dust, dirt and drops in a thin yet protective design. Great for people on-the-go and those looking to defend their device without added bulk!

GOOD but I dont think its that slimming and it look to bulky for me.
    Well I like the feel of it, I had a Otterbox case for my 8800 before so I knew what to expect. I am a guy, so the extra bulk does not matter to me. But my wife who also has a Curve 8320 hates it and would never walk around with her Berry in a Otterbox Case. For anyone who really wants one, I picked one up off of ebay brand new for 37.99 free shipping and it came directly from Otterbox. Its really a great case and protects my berry 100%.
    02-11-08 07:50 PM
    I am considering the otterbox for my 8830. My main issue is that I would probably not use its holster. That would mean that there would be no Standby magnet and therefore, NO Standby Mode. It would just time out but then keypresses when it is in my bicycle bag, daypack (hiking, x-country skiing) or pocket might turn it on unless I lock it down.
    02-11-08 09:20 PM
    I am considering the otterbox for my 8830. My main issue is that I would probably not use its holster. That would mean that there would be no Standby magnet and therefore, NO Standby Mode. It would just time out but then keypresses when it is in my bicycle bag, daypack (hiking, x-country skiing) or pocket might turn it on unless I lock it down.
    I use the mute key, religiously...
    02-11-08 09:27 PM
    PS - I'll continue using this Nite Ize clip case that I got. It forms, perfetctly, to the 8300 series. It's like having nothing around the phone, but it's secure. A lot moreso, than a holster (I've had too many phones fall out of clip-the-phone-in holsters..don't trust them, anymore). It's pretty nice, actually.

Nite Ize: Product Detail

I got the small. I was able to compare all of the cases, as the Microcenter in Houston has them all. It, also, has a loop on the side for BT headset. The sides are made of a spandex-type material. It is absolutely perfect. For 10 bucks, can't beat it. I, surely, have no fear that my BB will EVER fall out of this or that it will dislodge from my jeans.
    02-11-08 09:37 PM
    Strontium has the right idea regarding the Otterbox. Although the case itself is awesome the holster that comes with it is not. The Nite Ize case he talks about is very good and accomodates up to a 2 1/4" belt. I recommend the Otterbox case in conjuction with the Nite Ize holster.

Another good holster is made by RAINE. This has a velcro belt loop which also accomodates up to a 2 1/4" belt. It can be used in conjunction with the otterbox or other coverings used to protect your BB.

Both of these holsters can be used for harsh work environments without the danger of the holster coming off your belt. They will also both fit the standard law enforcement duty belt(2 1/4") which is something that I needed.
    02-12-08 09:40 AM
    Whats wrong with the Otterbox holster? I haven't had any problems with it.
    02-12-08 06:34 PM
    Well I like the feel of it, I had a Otterbox case for my 8800 before so I knew what to expect. I am a guy, so the extra bulk does not matter to me. But my wife who also has a Curve 8320 hates it and would never walk around with her Berry in a Otterbox Case. For anyone who really wants one, I picked one up off of ebay brand new for 37.99 free shipping and it came directly from Otterbox. Its really a great case and protects my berry 100%.
    Might you have a link for that ebay seller? Thanks.
    02-13-08 02:40 PM
    Might you have a link for that ebay seller? Thanks.
    Done, I sent you a PM.
    02-13-08 03:05 PM
    Whats wrong with the Otterbox holster? I haven't had any problems with it.
    Hey Kasperapd the main problem is that although the case is awesome the holster will not support a larger belt size. I have had the holster pop off my belt one time to many and luckily found my BB in my patrol vehicle. I now use the otterbox case with the NITE IZE holster which does accomodate 2 1/4" belt. I received the product as an initial testing and evaluation product from Otterbox and submitted this finding to the company. They informed me that they are looking into a larger belt clip or belt loop holster to fix this problem.

For those who are using the case/holster in a casual carry environment the holster will work perfectly. If the case is to be used in a more physical environment be wary.
    02-14-08 03:57 AM
    Hey Kasperapd the main problem is that although the case is awesome the holster will not support a larger belt size. I have had the holster pop off my belt one time to many and luckily found my BB in my patrol vehicle. I now use the otterbox case with the NITE IZE holster which does accomodate 2 1/4" belt. I received the product as an initial testing and evaluation product from Otterbox and submitted this finding to the company. They informed me that they are looking into a larger belt clip or belt loop holster to fix this problem.

For those who are using the case/holster in a casual carry environment the holster will work perfectly. If the case is to be used in a more physical environment be wary.
    Completely understand. I've just never had that issue yet. Keeping my fingers crossed.
    02-14-08 07:32 PM
    Has anyone else been having this problem? I have an otterbox for my curve. I LOVE the thing! and have had it for a while now. But lately, the black rubber that goes over the hard case seems loose, and has some gaps on the side. I have only taken the thing off one time for a battery pull. but other than that, its never been taken off.. anyone?
    02-16-08 05:16 PM
    Has anyone else been having this problem? I have an otterbox for my curve. I LOVE the thing! and have had it for a while now. But lately, the black rubber that goes over the hard case seems loose, and has some gaps on the side. I have only taken the thing off one time for a battery pull. but other than that, its never been taken off.. anyone?
    Yeah, I've noticed this as well already. I might try some double sided tape.
    02-16-08 08:31 PM
    I just ordered an otterbox last night for ny 8310. Ill letcha guys know when it gets here. Looks like money well spent to protect the crack lol. Does the holster have the magnet I hope ?

02-19-08 08:39 AM
    It does have the sleeper magnet.
    02-19-08 11:37 AM
    I just bought an Otterbox too. Should be here by Tuesday. I'm positive that I'll be sassyfied with it though from what all I've read here about it! I SO want to throw it down a flight of stairs and see what happens. I don't know if I'm that ballsy though.
    02-21-08 10:16 AM
    well, I've successfully thrown my BB across the room a few times with the Otterbox case and all is well! My only gripe is the plastic shield is a BIATCH to get on the phone...I ended up cutting out the area for the keypad only because me not being able to feel the buttons makes for HORRIBLE texting!
    All in all though, VERY satisfied!
    03-06-08 12:22 PM
    Yay! I got one too! Couldn't find it on the eBay site though for $37.99. BUT I did find it on Semsons & Co. Inc. for $39.99 and it was also free shipping! $2 isn't that big of a deal for me. If anyone else is interested, here's the link with the coupon codes (plus a lot of otterbox reviews): Semsons Says! Semsons (just scroll down a little).
    04-10-08 01:54 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD