Just bought a otterbox. I hope I will like it when it arrives. Got any complaints about it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-10 07:03 PM
    I have one on my 8530 and love it.

04-10-10 07:16 PM
    the one for the 8530 is awesome!! but when i had my 8330 i think i had the defender case.. and well the case protected the phone very well the plastic that covered the screen was like a membrane the same type that goes over the keyboard...well it tends to get alot of bubbles and not look so sleek... as well as when it the plastic membrane gets hazy the pictures the camera takes are much more blurry.. but good protection none the less.... the 8530 has a hard plastic cover over the screen and camera.. you can't even tell it's there... which version of the otterbox did you purchase ?? i think theres 3 commuter defender and something else ?
    04-10-10 07:56 PM
    ahh the impact series as well..
    04-10-10 08:12 PM
    Ive had two when I had my 8310, black and yellow and black. They are perfect for what they are-maximum protection. No problems with mine, just a tad on the big size, but you could throw your berry off a cliff with one of these and it wouldnt hurt it-enjoy!
    04-10-10 08:15 PM
    Not sure as to what type but will await till it arrives. I sure hope this business about the pictures being blurry, or the screen not looking good is only a isolated incident.

I have a 8330
    04-10-10 08:57 PM
    I have the Defender and I agree that it does make the pictures blurry, and you cannot get the bubbles out from the screen protector.

However, that is only due to the plastic membrane and you can easily cut away the bit that covers the camera lens and the screen, or just leave the membrane off altogether.

But it's a great case and coupled with the holster it'll make your Curve more solid than a slab of oak.

04-10-10 09:06 PM
    i got a Defender for my 8330, and it's awesome, very protective, and as others have mentioned, the plastic does make pic a little blurry, i just cut mine out around the camera lense and flash. oh and one other good point, Otterbox has amazing customer service, you break your case, they will replace it at no charge, no hassles, not to mention, they send the replacement to you by express mail with tracking. i broke mine, and they sent a complete replacement from thier warehouse in Colorado to me in New Brunswick Canada in 3 days!
    04-10-10 10:11 PM
    Whats the diff between the defender and the Impact series?
    04-11-10 04:46 AM
    Whats the diff between the defender and the Impact series?
    The Impact case is like a skin style case & Defender has 3 layers of protection. I have the Defender and it is the best case i have ever had on my curve! I also had no problem getting the bubbles out of the clear cover on the screen
    04-11-10 07:09 AM
    I took the clear cover off the defender and used a regular screen protector-I didnt care for the clear membrane covering my keys and screen
    04-11-10 08:26 AM
    I took the clear cover off the defender and used a regular screen protector-I didnt care for the clear membrane covering my keys and screen
    It does make it some what harder to text/type. But once I got used to it, its ok now.
    04-11-10 01:05 PM
    I love my defender case. I also cut out the piece around the camera. You will want quickpull or another battery pull app. It is a pain to take the case off

04-12-10 10:21 AM
    I love my defender case. I also cut out the piece around the camera. You will want quickpull or another battery pull app. It is a pain to take the case off

or you could hold down alt.. right shift... and delete all at the same time and your phone would reboot. just like quickpull does..
    04-12-10 11:18 AM
    I had the defender and experienced the blurry camera. A hole punch for paper was just about the right size to get rid of blur. Even better, I ended up NOT using the membrane protection and felt the other 2 layers were enough. No worry about drops and bumps. Actually the increased size made the Curve easier to type on in my opinion. The defender has a holster which is very handy eliminating the need to lock the keyboard and can be used to hang up a call without pushing any buttons.
    04-12-10 11:33 AM
    any of you guys have a problem with the magnet on the defender not being strong enough to put the phone to sleep due to the thickness of the case?
    04-12-10 06:19 PM
    I have the Defender. I like it for the extra screen protection and the keyboard membrane is more important than I thought, it keep lint out of the keyboard when you carry it in a shirt pocket.
    04-12-10 08:31 PM
    I have the Commuter but now switched back to the original pouch (not holster).

The Commuter is a great case but it hides the sexyness of the Bold. I can't see the chrome!
    04-12-10 10:41 PM
    I had the Defender for my Pearl 8130 and today I received an Otterbox Defender for my Storm 2, that I ordered off this site. I'm very pleased with it so far.
    Other than the plastic overlay making the camera blurry I had no problems. Once, I accidentally ripped off one of the plastic tabs covering the USB port and Otterbox shipped me a new one for free. I don't know if they still do that but nonetheless they were great and quick to work with.
    On the Storm 2 case instead of using a plastic overlay, the case has a plastic window covering the camera and doesn't seem to blurr or distort the camera view since it is a solid plastic window and not flexible like the one for the Pearl and the Curve.

I put the Pearl through heck and back with that Otterbox case, I used to work as a surveyor out in the field under some pretty harsh conditions. It also took some beatings backpacking in Argentina and Chile last spring.
    Overall they make some pretty decent products and treat their customers
    well. I'd say it's worth dropping the 50 bucks on this case over paying insurance on the device. Chances are, unless you toss this thing pretty hard, or drop it in water, it's going to be protected well by these cases.
    Last edited by fjl307; 04-13-10 at 02:36 AM. Reason: "foul" language
    04-13-10 02:36 AM
    I got an otter commuter, I love it and I'm glad I went the commuter route. It's enough protection without adding bulk, the defender it way too much for me.
    04-13-10 04:28 AM
    2 questions about the defender..1. is it something that i could take on and off everyday when i get home from work and 2. if lets say i brought the phone to the beach in the case and dropped it in the sand would it be protected?
    04-16-10 07:03 PM
    2 questions about the defender..1. is it something that i could take on and off everyday when i get home from work and 2. if lets say i brought the phone to the beach in the case and dropped it in the sand would it be protected?
    you could take it on and off every day, but it's a pain in the neck and it would probably wear the case out quickly. i take mine out of the case about every 2 weeks to clean everything inside and do a manual battery pull...as far as the beach goes yes everything would be protected except for the trackball/pad... i wouldn't recomend dropping your phone in the sand at the beach though if the phone has a trackpad i think you'd be alright but with a trackball you run the high risk of getting sand in their possibly making your trackball stick
    04-16-10 07:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD