Just put an Otter Impact skin on a Curve 8350i. Now it's too tight for my holster. I want the holster and the skin cuz I do too much PTT at work and dropping it, which I tend to do with the naked berry, on the concrete isn't good. I like the feel of the Impact skin, slightly textured and the standby with the holster. I don't like it in my pocket.

So anybody know of a holster that has the prox sensor and will fit a BB that is now 112mm long, by 66 wide by 22 thick?
    07-26-09 02:07 PM
    Just put an Otter Impact skin on a Curve 8350i. Now it's too tight for my holster. I want the holster and the skin cuz I do too much PTT at work and dropping it, which I tend to do with the naked berry, on the concrete isn't good. I like the feel of the Impact skin, slightly textured and the standby with the holster. I don't like it in my pocket.

So anybody know of a holster that has the prox sensor and will fit a BB that is now 112mm long, by 66 wide by 22 thick?
    I was wondering the same thing.I like the slimmer profile of the impact case but Otterbox should bundle it with a pouch for standby like the defender series.
    07-27-09 12:13 PM
    Now why didn't I think of that....so I called Otterbox. It wasn't linked anywhere on their site but turns out the soft nylon holster for the 1930/1931 Defender cases for BB 8700 will nicely accomodate the 8350i in an Impact skin. AND it has a prox sensor to initiate standby, though the website description doesn't say so......It's pricey at $25 but it solves my problem though it doesn't look near as nice as my leather holster....but I can save that one for when I "need to impress" someone

when will people learn that in sales there isn't too much GOOD information...

UPDATE...an email I had sent before the phone call got returned finally. Email answer is "no holster available." When I referrred to the one the person on the phone had identified, the emailer responded..."not recommended. Will not activate standby and warranty would not be in effect." SO GO MAKE ONE DANGIT.....back to sq1
    Last edited by chezhed; 07-30-09 at 03:55 PM.
    07-27-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD