09-26-09 02:04 PM
35 12
tools
    Looking to pick one up for my storm, any opinions ?

Thanks.
    08-31-09 08:43 PM
    I would invest in a Defender just for that occasional rainy day, regardless if I had purchased any other case including the Commuter, simply due to it being one of the two only cases I am aware of that is completely enclosed and near water resistant.

The other completely enclosed case is some metal one that had a screen cover that could not be pushed in, just seen through. It's basically just a case. I did like it, but can't remember what it's called for the life of me. Sold on eBay.
    08-31-09 08:53 PM
    Buy the Defender - I absolutely love mine.
    08-31-09 09:01 PM
    + for the Defender
    08-31-09 09:04 PM
    Defender all the way.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-09 09:10 PM
    Whats the difference ?
    08-31-09 09:18 PM
    You can look in the Tour Forum for my review of the OtterBox Defender. It'll be the same for the Storm pretty much. I know a guy who has one on his iPhone and loves it. The review I did even has two videos of me throwing it down my stairs in my house and pictures. Just do a search for "My OtterBox Defender Review" or search threads started by my name.
    08-31-09 09:32 PM
    I think the commuter doesn't come with a holster. Also, the screen protector is part of the case on the defender and separate on the commuter.
    08-31-09 09:34 PM
    As mentioned above, the Defender is a completely enclosed case with a transparent, hard plastic window for the screen, while the Commuter is Otterbox's conventional case that has an opening for the screen & comes with a screen protector. The former is more durable, bigger, heavier and more protective than the latter.
    08-31-09 09:36 PM
    I bought a defender and it was the best investment i made. I drop my phone from my hip and car door at least once a week and the case protects it like a tank. I even stepped on the edge of the phone and flipped it over, i really thought i damaged it and all the happened was i got a little dust under the plastic screen. Definatley worth the investment!
    08-31-09 09:40 PM
    So when you guys say that on the defender theres a plastic cover built in, can it easily break, is it easy to clean and you say the commuter case somes with just a screen protector is that one you just peal off and stick on ?
    08-31-09 09:44 PM
    Check out the Community Reviews section of the Forum....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f118

EDIT: I have heard good things about the Siedio Innocase 360 too.
    09-01-09 08:44 AM
    The Defender is awesome. I've dropped mine many time and there's not a scratch on it.
    09-01-09 08:55 AM
    I will stick with the defender. It protected my storm for all the drops that I have caused.
    09-01-09 09:14 AM
    I have both. Us the commuter when at work in office/hospital. I use the defender anytime I will be doing anything outdoors where the phone may get wet or dirty

09-01-09 12:55 PM
    I had a Defender on my Pearl and now have one on my Storm. I love these cases. My work environment includes concrete floors and walls, metal obstacles and more concrete. Not a soft spot for my phone to fall anywhere. And I know, no matter how careful I am, I will drop it at some point. It does add a little bulk, but the peace of mind is worth it. I also like that is has the sleeper magnet function with the holster.
    09-02-09 01:27 AM
    Check out the Community Reviews section of the Forum....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f118

EDIT: I have heard good things about the Siedio Innocase 360 too.
    hey pk i tried looking in there and all i found were curve reviews but too throw my 2 in i picked up the defender from amazon yesterday, so when i get it ill see what happens. most of the people on these forums know what they're talking about, so im really looking forward to getting this
    09-06-09 06:28 AM
    So it really comes down to what you are looking for in a case. I work in construction so the Defender is my obvious choice. But it does add a lot of bulk to the phone, turns it into a tank. The screen protector is only attached at the top and bottom of the case, making it easier to type. But if you don't need your phone to be so protected, you might go with the Commuter case.

09-06-09 07:16 AM
    I would invest in a Defender just for that occasional rainy day, regardless if I had purchased any other case including the Commuter, simply due to it being one of the two only cases I am aware of that is completely enclosed and near water resistant.

The other completely enclosed case is some metal one that had a screen cover that could not be pushed in, just seen through. It's basically just a case. I did like it, but can't remember what it's called for the life of me. Sold on eBay.
    I would go with the outerbox just because I know it would offer me better protection and since that's what your looking for when looking at these cases that's what I would get

09-06-09 07:27 AM
    Did anyone notice any signal loss with the defender? A co-worker bought an otter box for his Iphone and found out his wi-fi will not connect in his home with the case on his phone. It is bulky I was just wondering if anyone noticed anything.

09-06-09 08:05 AM
    defender series, definitely! I work at UPS, and mine hase been dropped, thrown and kicked. There ate no scratches on my phone!
    09-06-09 08:19 AM
    Did anyone notice any signal loss with the defender? A co-worker bought an otter box for his Iphone and found out his wi-fi will not connect in his home with the case on his phone. It is bulky I was just wondering if anyone noticed anything.

im wondering if maybe the type of service u use could effect it? i haven't heard of connectivity issues yet, but maybe being on a gsm network instead of the storms native cdma have something to do with it? like weaker signal? or im a moron and don't know anything....thats a possibility lol
    09-06-09 12:00 PM
    Looking to pick one up for my storm, any opinions ?

Thanks.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f120/my...9530-a-312970/
    09-11-09 11:58 AM
    i just got my defender in. don't seem to notice any loss of signal, but the screen protector makes the menu commands, and key board a little unresponsive. if you get one, go to amazon. i like it, but i don't think it's worth $50.
    09-14-09 01:03 PM
    And my decision was.....!!!

Im not buying anything, well actually I want to buy the commuter case but Im going to look elsewere to purchase it. I went to go buy it a couple days ago off the crackberry store and I found out that its going to cost me more in shipping ($31) then it is for the actual case ($29) NO THANK-YOU CRACKBERRY! Im going to see if I can get one off ebay and somewhere close so I can get it shipped for like $2.
    Anyone got any ideas ???
    09-16-09 08:11 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD