10-05-10 07:42 AM
178 ... 5678
tools
    $29 w/domestic shipping included. Shipping fee to CAN is +$11 with PMI.
    12-25-09 08:19 PM
    i used mine for a day, and found the rubber piece actually attracts heaps of dust..
    12-30-09 07:18 AM
    I've had mine for a couple of months now and have not experienced that issue. Cold weather can cause static charge to build up and thus attract the dust.
    12-30-09 07:25 AM
    I purchased mine yesterday. It's awesome. The best thing about this case is it doesn't impede on the keypad (which is the reason I got it) I have 2 other hard cases in addition to this and this is the only one that doesn't effect the outer keys. Very attractive. Not too much neoprene to prevent it from sliding into your pocket.
    12-30-09 07:44 AM
    I purchased mine yesterday. It's awesome. The best thing about this case is it doesn't impede on the keypad (which is the reason I got it) I have 2 other hard cases in addition to this and this is the only one that doesn't effect the outer keys. Very attractive. Not too much neoprene to prevent it from sliding into your pocket.
    It really is a fine case, tough sucker too.
    12-30-09 09:46 AM
    I asked earlier in this thread about the bulk of the Commuter case, and the concensus seems to be that it adds very little extra. I love the look of this case, but I also prefer as thin a case as I can possibly find.

I see that Otterbox's specs say that the case is 18.4mm deep -- and the naked 9700 is 14.1mm deep. This would mean that the Commuter case adds 4.3mm of bulk. The Seidio Innocase II only adds 2mm of depth total, per Seidio's specs. So it would seem that the Commuter is actually quite a bit bulkier.

Has anyone physically seen both cases? Would you concur that the Commuter actually adds more than twice the bulk compared to the Innocase?
    12-30-09 04:01 PM
    ^^ Just got mine. It is sweet. Didnt realize the hard shell backing is a seperate piece and snaps on over the top, bottom and sides once the rubber skin is on. Also..when using it with the bold 9000 holster, the phone doesnt go into sleep mode when the the screen is backing out (face-out) of the holster...only when it faces the back (face-in)...just a FYI...

The 9700 with commuter does also fit into the oem holster for the 9700, but the top flap with the magnetic snap doesn't come down all the way to get a nice clean shut on the holster.
    12-31-09 01:17 PM
    ^^ Much better fit in oem 9000 holster.

Altho I love the case, the hard shell backing on it makes it kinda slippery and easy slides on tables.desks.

In contrast I also have the epik gel case which works like a charm altho I understand the hard backing on the commuter is probably easier to get in/out if pocketing ur phone.

I love BOTH but give the nod to Epik gel skin for the 9700. Adds even less bulk than commuter, has a nice rubberized grip/feel and for the price (2 for $15 priority shipping from JustinD2473), its a better value than the commuter. Will keep both, but the sliperry-ness of the commuter is a turn off...IMHO
    12-31-09 06:00 PM
    a quick question to anyone who has used commuter on their devices.
    My major concern on this kind of "hybrid" cases is if the inner silicon part may attract whole lots of lint.
    The BB OEM silicon skin case for 9700 does get lots of lint and I decided to sell it on ebay. The black silicon is pretty bad because lint looks so obvious.

that's also the reason that holds me back from buying case-mate hybrid which is kinda same idea of commuter: silicon inside and plastic outside.
    I am more lean towards to case-mate because it has more color choices.

If the silicon's attraction of lint is the universal and unresolvable fact, I may have to downgrade to case-mate barely there case because it's all plastic and otterbox defender is way too bulky.
    Last edited by jqian; 12-31-09 at 10:08 PM.
    12-31-09 10:04 PM
    I keep my berry in my pocket so yes the silicone part of the commuter case definitely attracts lint and dust. The silicone impact case is much worse. I have both of them and stopped using them in favor of the Incipio feather and the Epik resin cases.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thx for the answer.
    I will probably get a cheaper case-mate barely there from ebay.
    I don't need too much protection around my 9700 because I spend most of my time sitting in the office. Worst case scenario might be scratch on side chrome or back matte, then case-mate barely there will do the job.
    I personally absolutely cannot allow the ugly lint and dust to appear when I take my 9700 in public.

01-01-10 12:30 AM
    Thx for the answer.
    I will probably get a cheaper case-mate barely there from ebay.
    I don't need too much protection around my 9700 because I spend most of my time sitting in the office. Worst case scenario might be scratch on side chrome or back matte, then case-mate barely there will do the job.
    I personally absolutely cannot allow the ugly lint and dust to appear when I take my 9700 in public.

Frankly I think dents and scratches on the phone are much worse looking than a little lint on a case. "barley there' means barley protects IMO.
    Last edited by Bettermost; 01-01-10 at 01:07 AM.
    01-01-10 01:02 AM
    i wouldnt let a little bit of lint stop me from getting this case
    it seems to be the best case in my opinion for the 9700
    01-01-10 01:22 AM
    i wouldnt let a little bit of lint stop me from getting this case
    it seems to be the best case in my opinion for the 9700
    Ok, you guys persuaded me (sort of).
    I'm gonna get a commuter case from ebay. Buying from crackberry is effectively impossible because shipping fee to Canada is outrageous ($31 or so?).
    Do you guys think a case-mate hybrid will do better since it's having same structure and more color choices? Usually the color other than black will look less ugly with lint and dust.
    Another question to the ones who have had both OEM silicon and commuter case. Do the OEM silicon and commuter inner silicon part feel same in terms of material, hardness (flexibility), attraction to lint and dust?

01-01-10 09:21 AM
    Ok, you guys persuaded me (sort of).
    I'm gonna get a commuter case from ebay. Buying from crackberry is effectively impossible because shipping fee to Canada is outrageous ($31 or so?).
    Do you guys think a case-mate hybrid will do better since it's having same structure and more color choices? Usually the color other than black will look less ugly with lint and dust.
    Another question to the ones who have had both OEM silicon and commuter case. Do the OEM silicon and commuter inner silicon part feel same in terms of material, hardness (flexibility), attraction to lint and dust?

pump it up. Someone? Anyone?
    thanks
    01-01-10 03:55 PM
    I just got my commuter case today and while I do like it for the most part I have to say I am slightly disappointed. Mostly because the back is super slippery and feels like it will easily slide out of my hand and in all honesty as a whole the case feels somewhat cheap.

Maybe I was just expecting too much.
    01-02-10 10:10 PM
    I just got my commuter case today and while I do like it for the most part I have to say I am slightly disappointed. Mostly because the back is super slippery and feels like it will easily slide out of my hand and in all honesty as a whole the case feels somewhat cheap.

Maybe I was just expecting too much.
    ^^ + 1. Like the Epik gel case much better and 4 the money, you can get 4 of them. Commuter feels too slipery and slides all over the table. Epik is more rubberized and is non slip on smooth surfaces. Agree 100%

01-02-10 10:35 PM
    ^^ + 1. Like the Epik gel case much better and 4 the money, you can get 4 of them. Commuter feels too slipery and slides all over the table. Epik is more rubberized and is non slip on smooth surfaces. Agree 100%

I was thinking about getting that or getting the seidio innocase 2.
    01-02-10 10:37 PM
    Just got this case, had the crappy OEM hard case before....This case is great. After a full day in my pocket, the silicone picked up a little lint, as expected, on the sides where the silicone is exposed. Its def. not a make or break deal for me though.... Havent dropped it yet so I don't know what all it can withstand.
    01-02-10 10:59 PM
    The more I look at the case and the more I read everyone's testimonials, the closer I am to buying it even though I don't want to lol.

Does anyone know if it will fit in the Tour's OEM Holster?
    01-03-10 01:38 AM
    Does this stop the chrome bexel from squeaking. If it does i am defintaly going to buy it. The squeaking is at the p and q keys
    01-07-10 12:45 AM
    Mine arrived today. This thing is awesome!!!!
    01-18-10 09:38 AM
    Two weeks with the case now and love it. It doesn't look as big as the otterbox web pic also. Still looks like a sleek phone.

Linty a bit, just clean my pockets now. Its not slippery like some have said when in your hand. I wish it slid in my pocket better though. Small trade off. Everyone should get this one.

01-18-10 10:20 AM
    i don't understand why people praise this commuter this so much.
    i got my commuter case for 9700 last week and opened the box and found how cheap the whole thing was made. The plastic outside is so thin that i am afraid i will break it. The plastic sheet is also very slippery.
    The inner silicone part is thin and flimsy, it's much thinner than impact.
    I would either buy a cheaper version of impact, or go with epik hard gel case.
    I didn't put commuter case on my 9700 at all. I am going to sell it on ebay
    01-18-10 01:57 PM
    Whats up everyone! I recently got this case and I love it!!! Best purchase I've made so far for my 9700. I even did a video review of it. (Can be viewed at YouTube - berryhelpful's Channel) Anyway, I wanted to share that I purchased my commuter case from a little known webstore called Cellular and Mobile Phone Accessories -TheCellGuru.com and I only paid about $22 shipped and I received it in about 3 days. I got such a good deal with it that I needed to share. Go get one, you won't be sorry.
    Last edited by joliva; 01-18-10 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fixed link
    01-18-10 02:40 PM
    Whats up everyone! I recently got this case and I love it!!! Best purchase I've made so far for my 9700. I even did a video review of it. (Can be viewed at YouTube - berryhelpful's Channel) Anyway, I wanted to share that I purchased my commuter case from a little known webstore called Cellular and Mobile Phone Accessories -TheCellGuru.com and I only paid about $22 shipped and I received it in about 3 days. I got such a good deal with it that I needed to share. Go get one, you won't be sorry.
    Great price from TheCellGuru for the OB Commuter Case
    01-18-10 03:19 PM
178 ... 5678
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD