10-14-10 09:36 PM
233 ... 678910
tools
    If you're new to this thread, this is all you need to know. If you want a drama-free ordering process where you just pay the agreed upon price and get the part in a reasonable time frame, maybe this place is not for you.

If you want your cell phone repair process to be a "saga," then yeah, this might be perfect.
    Can't argue with you there, although as I said in an earlier post I didn't find this thread until after I placed my order. So, I'm afraid in my case it is too late to benefit from your sage advice. I have, however, learned my lesson with this company.

To continue my story: I got two of the three items (the two I needed the most, as luck would have it) I ordered last week and they were in good condition and worked very well. The third item is still backordered and I have no idea when I'll get it.
    05-06-10 03:44 AM
    Can't argue with you there, although as I said in an earlier post I didn't find this thread until after I placed my order. So, I'm afraid in my case it is too late to benefit from your sage advice. I have, however, learned my lesson with this company.
    I'm glad you found my advice worthy. Thanks for the compliment and good luck.
    05-06-10 09:11 AM
    ordered parts over 2 WEEKS AGO WAS NEVER CONFIRMED BY E-MAIL THAT IT HAD BEEN SHIPPED,PAYMENT WAS TAKEN FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT.THEY WILL NOT ANSWER MY E-MAIL, THEN I E -MAILED THEM THAT I WANTED A REFUND THAT I WOULD ORDER FROM SOMEONE ELSE, STILL WONT ANSWER E-MAIL,SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE TO THIS COMPANY FROM DOING BUSINESS OVER THE INTERNET.
    05-09-10 09:29 PM
    Placed order on 5/10 for items I believed to be in stock. Should have received the parts by 5/20, at least. Inquired via chat on 5/25. Ashley said some of the parts were on back order. Should ship week of 6/1. Inquired again, via Leave a Message on 6/7. No reply.

Inquired again on 6/8 via leave a message. No reply. Called on 6/8. Recorded message said phones were out of order.

I should have checked this forum before I placed my order.
    06-08-10 06:40 PM
    I was about to place an order tonight. At the last minute I thought I would search and look for reviews. The sad thing being this thread was started years ago, I think by now they should have their business sorted. Their phones may be down, but they have the site still up. Shame on them.

I will be ordering elsewhere, sorry to those who got caught by this company and thanks for sharing your stories to help other people.
    06-19-10 03:03 AM
    Placed an order July 9th and just read all these posts.
    Thought I should call today to see if my order was shipped - it has not. Apparently everything i ordered (3 things) were on backordered adn "because of a lot of backorders, everything is being shipped directly from our manufacturer...so your order should ship out in a few days from China"

Starting to get nervous......
    07-14-10 09:54 AM
    Placed an order July 9th and just read all these posts.
    Thought I should call today to see if my order was shipped - it has not. Apparently everything i ordered (3 things) were on backordered adn "because of a lot of backorders, everything is being shipped directly from our manufacturer...so your order should ship out in a few days from China"

Starting to get nervous......
    I'd be nervous, too. There are plenty of other places from which to order, feel free to PM me for more details.
    07-14-10 10:22 AM
    I'd be nervous, too. There are plenty of other places from which to order, feel free to PM me for more details.
    Well its a little late now - my CC has been charged. Judging by other people's posts, its a nightmare to try and get a refund so I am not sure what to do at this point.
    I will wait a couple more days and if nothing has been shipped, I'll try and get a refund??

What are some of these please to order from?? (although I dont want to order from another site and then have my order from Fonlogix come afterall)
    07-14-10 01:58 PM
    Well its a little late now - my CC has been charged. Judging by other people's posts, its a nightmare to try and get a refund so I am not sure what to do at this point.
    I will wait a couple more days and if nothing has been shipped, I'll try and get a refund??

What are some of these please to order from?? (although I dont want to order from another site and then have my order from Fonlogix come afterall)
    Well for future readers, Y'all store or Yallstore or whatever, and gadgetfix both do pretty well by me. I've had particularly good luck with gadgetfix, though they're in CA.
    07-14-10 02:11 PM
    Randomly had a call from someone at Fonlogix and they advised me that 2 of the items were shipped because they had them in stock (weird, because the other lady told me none of my parts were so the whole order would be coming from China) and I was given a tracking number. The other part (trackball) was not in stock so it would be shipped directly from China in the next 24-48 hours.....
    The guy was very polite and apologized for the inconvenicence yada yada.....

Goign to keep an eye on my order with the tracking number and see what happens... even wiht talking to 2 people on the phone this whole thing feels like some sort of basement operation - they seem really unorganized and unprofessional.
    07-15-10 03:29 PM
    Oh crap. Wish I had seen this previous to placing an order!

Order 7/13/2010
    CC debitted 7/13/2010
    No email confrimation
    No tracking
    Left message 7/17/2010

Will update as things progress.

I check the Better Business Bureau site (I can't post the link because this forum requires 10 posts first ) but FonLogix has a C- rating (A-F) and only 20 complaints with several resolved to satisfaction of customers.
    Last edited by expatozzie; 07-17-10 at 02:47 PM.
    07-17-10 02:35 PM
    Update

7/21/2010

Tried calling customer service - hung up after 37minutes
    Used Live Chat - found out items were not in stock in US and were going from HK. Was told the items would not ship for at least 24hrs and "should" have middle of next week.

Is this starting to sound too much like other posts and 2yrs worth of this forum tracking the company's service?

So asked the "chat live girl" if I could speak to a manager. Blaine came into the chat - he is the owner of FonLogix. He apologized and asked what he could do for me. I wanted to know why I had never recieved any correspondence about my order, let alone I was still waiting for the items which were now going to be at least 2wks from order to delivery. Blaine explained manpower issues and new process shipping direct from the FonLogix office in HK.

Again sounds too reminiscient of previous posts.

Requested immediate refund on money which they did within 1/2 hr with an email confirmation.

Re-ordered same items from Everything4Blackberry.com and will see how that goes as a valid comparison.

I did recieve a confirming email from Everything..., automatically with seconds on placing order.

Just my experience. YMV
    07-21-10 05:32 PM
    Update 2

7/22/10

Received an update on my new order via email: My full order was shipped today from Everything4Blackberry.com.

Interesting comparision. Fonlogix blows!
    07-22-10 12:52 PM
    I just had a 50$ shopping cart when I cam across this. I'm really really glad I didn't go through with it! I ended up getting everything I was going to get for 25$ on eBay!
    07-22-10 03:26 PM
    EEEK!! USPS has no data on my trackign number. GO figure.
    What a terrible company!! Going to order from somewhere else and call today for a refund.... better hope I get one!!

Randomly had a call from someone at Fonlogix and they advised me that 2 of the items were shipped because they had them in stock (weird, because the other lady told me none of my parts were so the whole order would be coming from China) and I was given a tracking number. The other part (trackball) was not in stock so it would be shipped directly from China in the next 24-48 hours.....
    The guy was very polite and apologized for the inconvenicence yada yada.....

Goign to keep an eye on my order with the tracking number and see what happens... even wiht talking to 2 people on the phone this whole thing feels like some sort of basement operation - they seem really unorganized and unprofessional.
    07-23-10 08:41 AM
    wow I ordered from fonlogix last year and the order took 2 weeks but it did come in....I made another order 3 weeks ago and still have not gotten my order or even a email on what is going on ....I emailed them and got no response ...I even called them and was put on hold for an hour then finally I pressed 1 to leave a message and the recording said mailbox was full now I'm worried .....cant believe companies like this are allowed to operate like this.....what should I do now???? has anyone NOT AT ALL got their orders???? should I make a BBB complaint ???? any info whould be appreciated
    Thank U
    Paul
    07-23-10 11:36 AM
    noted. thanks
    07-23-10 01:02 PM
    Ordered from Everything4Blackberry this morning and order has already been shipped. Free shipping to Canada and US....

Put in a request for a manager to call me from Fonlogix - demanding a full refund.
    Its been 6 days since i received a "tracking number" and USPS has no record of it...hmmm...
    07-23-10 03:20 PM
    I spoke too soon - apparently USPS just delivered the package to my house. Apparently its USPS that has the wrong information - telling me they have no record of my shipment.

My mistake. Fonlogix shipped and delivered my order to me in 10 business days (as I am in Canada).

Ordered from Everything4Blackberry this morning and order has already been shipped. Free shipping to Canada and US....

Put in a request for a manager to call me from Fonlogix - demanding a full refund.
    Its been 6 days since i received a "tracking number" and USPS has no record of it...hmmm...
    07-23-10 03:24 PM
    I too have had issues trying to get merchandise from this company. On May 26, I ordered a lens and clear cover for a BB 8530. Over the last two months, I have called multiple times cking on the order and was told it was always on backorder. Finally, about 10 days ago I called to cancel my order and was told it was shipping...that very day...amazing!! Anyway, I just received my order TODAY and it is WRONG. I received a lens for some other BB model and did not receive a cover at all. Of course, my credit card was billed immediately upon ordering. I have sent them an email requesting a full refund of merchandise and shipping charges and have even offered to send them the incorrect lens that I received back to them if they will send me a postage paid envelope to send it back in. We'll see what happens but I would highly recommend to ANYONE that is thinking about ordering from this company to LOOK ELSEWHERE!!
    07-26-10 06:50 PM
    Thanks to all for the tip on ordering from Everything4Blackberry. As stated in my previous post, I have had issues with Fonlogix as well and have requested a refund, however, I seriously doubt I will ever get it. They didn't bother to contact me when I ordered from them so I don't think I'll be hearing from them now.
    07-26-10 06:54 PM
    I feel bad because I said these guys were OK. They were slow getting my order out, it took about 2 weeks for me to get their parts. The problem they said was that they are short handed. I think the real problem is that they are back ordered and don't have the decency to tell us, or to tell us there will be long delays.

There is always cnn.cn, or try bbenriched. I went to Amazon and searched and found a bunch of parts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I wish i read all of this before ordering. I saw what i needed, at a good price, decided to order, and 3 days went by and i heard nothing from them. I sent them an email and voicemail and have yet to get a response. I needed the part for my phone asap and if I knew it was going to take this long just to get an order shipped, i would of paid the extra money. Ive called since 9am this morning AGAIN to find out about my order and have yet to recieve a person. Their customer service is terrible, the funny thing is they say they are short handed, and looking for new help and working on customer service, yet they said the same to all of you in 2008. Wow. I will never ever order phone this company again. I should of read all of this first!
    07-28-10 12:05 PM
    [QUOTE=Belize2004;966774]We are hiring more employees
    to try and handle the emails
    so everyone gets a reply in a timely manner.
    we really want to offer great service
    we just have been short staffed.
    also some of the parts are in high demand we try and keep enough on hand at all times but we do run out sometimes.

Its funny that you wrote you were hiring more employees, and you want to work on your service. Thats exactly what the person I spoke to online today said, and this was posted 2 years ago.
    07-28-10 12:07 PM
    A final update for me - I recieved my order from Everything4Blackberry on the 4th day from ordering. Everything was just the way I ordered it and I am delighted with their service.

Fon(ill)ogix's service is terrible and no excuses, they just dont have good business management practices IMO. They gave me the same dribble about short-staffed, order coming from Hong Kong, we're restructuring our shipping method, it wil ship this week...yada yada. They did at least return my money promptly.

I will shop from Everything4Blackberry in the future.
    07-29-10 01:01 PM

Id reccomend calling your cc company and seeing if you can reverse the payment from them since you havent recieved or heard anything. (thats what I had to do considering I left them 3 emails and a voicemail and never heard anything) my cc company also blocked them from charging me again in the future. Worth a shot calling!
    07-31-10 03:46 PM
233 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD