10-14-10 10:36 PM
233 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Yeah right.. don't hold your breath. I ordered on 2/26/2009. After trying to reach them by various methods I threatened to force a chargeback on the credit card if they did not call back in a few hours. They said the order had been processed and was being shipped on 3/2/2009. Today it is 3/10/2009 and the order has not yet arrived. I called today and left a message asking for a faxed shipping confirmation. We'll see, but at the moment this company looks incompetent at best.

Also, note that Fonlogix uses the BBB Accredited Logo on their website, yet the BBB website says they are not accredited.

I will post an update when the status changes.
    Well, the items arrived today... and instead of sending the AT&T case that I ordered, they sent a T-Mobile case. I guess they hope that I will just go away.

Well, not so fast.

I can't remember last time I had such a bad experience with an online retailer.

Here is my experience and my opinion: They sure are quick to hit the credit card. But they don't tell you the items are not in stock and/or shipping will be delayed. They needed some prodding to get the items sent, they did not answer email, they never answer the online help chat, they never answered the phone (voice mail only) and the fax number listed at the BBB site did not work, they claim to be BBB accredited but they are not according to the BBB website, and they promised to send the items last week but did not.

I suggested they remove the BBB accreditation logo on their website but they have not done so. Or they could have emailed me back saying they actually are BBB accredited... I'm just saying...

Summary: I got some stuff that was almost what I ordered, a few weeks later than expected and with some effort/threats on my part to get them to send the goods.
    03-13-09 04:01 PM
    Still no credit on my account, as it's been a week since the "Order Cancelled" email.... left several messages no response.
    03-16-09 11:55 PM
    BBB complaint has been assigned case # 22196255.
    03-17-09 12:15 AM
    Still no credit on my account, as it's been a week since the "Order Cancelled" email.... left several messages no response.
    Here's what you do:

Call your credit card company and ask them to force a chargeback. Be clear that you have been unable to resolve this problem because the company is unresponsive and has not delivered the goods.

Also, leave a message for Fonlogix telling them you are calling the credit card company to force a chargeback. Merchants really don't want chargebacks... they can lose their merchant account...

You should get your money back either way.
    03-17-09 01:50 AM
    I received a refund after sending 2 more e-mails stating in the second e-mail that I would file a complaint with the State Attorney Office if I don't receive a response within 24 hours. I received the order cancelation notice after 8 hours and the refund after 48 hours.
    03-19-09 09:23 AM
    From Fonlogix.us

We are sorry to hear you didnt receive a response after 2 emails. We have Customer service staff that can be reached by telephone monday- friday 7am-4pm pacific time we close for lunch

Please if you dont get a response after 1 email call us we will gladly give you a refund.

Our office # is 360.217.4135
    ext 1 for customer service

Sincerely
    Fonlogix.us
    03-27-09 01:30 PM
    I had a wonderful experience with fonlogix. I wanted to support a US company so I ordered a replacement housing, trackball, and tool set from fonlogix.us . I ordered on a Sunday and received my merchandise by Friday. I got a little worried after reading this thread and seeing my order was sent to the warehouse Monday morning and by Wednesday night, it finally shipped. I wasn't expecting it until 10 days later or so since it was free shipping and via USPS, so I expected parcel post shipping. I was very pleased with fonlogix and if I end up with missing chunks of plastic from m new housing, I will for sure order from fonlogix again. Thank you for a job well done. I know most people just post negatives, so I thought I would let ya'll know I had a good experience.
    04-06-09 11:36 PM
    I had a wonderful experience with fonlogix. I wanted to support a US company so I ordered a replacement housing, trackball, and tool set from fonlogix.us .
    Sorry, but you sound like a plant; just this morning I discovered that Fonlogix sent the wrong case -- it does not have a GPS antenna. What a waste of time and money dealing with this company.

Buyer beware, and watch out for the fake comments...
    04-10-09 09:24 AM
    Sorry, but you sound like a plant; just this morning I discovered that Fonlogix sent the wrong case -- it does not have a GPS antenna. What a waste of time and money dealing with this company.

Buyer beware, and watch out for the fake comments...
    Definitely not a plant...Check all my posts. I tell it like it is. If you ordered the wrong case, ie. 8320 case for a 8330 or 8310, then it won't have the GPS antenna. I didn't want the same old Crimson 8310, so I ordered a gold case. It is a T-mobile case and T-mobile doesn't have an 83xx series with GPS.

The GPS antenna can be changed also. It is under the black pad above the battery. The pad is stuck on and the GPS antenna is just stuck underneath that. I successfully changed mine. It just took a little effort.

Buyer do your research...and if you have a problem, contact them.
    Last edited by jbonnot03; 04-10-09 at 09:36 AM.
    04-10-09 09:34 AM
    Definitely not a plant...Check all my posts. I tell it like it is. If you ordered the wrong case, ie. 8320 case for a 8330 or 8310, then it won't have the GPS antenna. I didn't want the same old Crimson 8310, so I ordered a gold case. It is a T-mobile case and T-mobile doesn't have an 83xx series with GPS.

The GPS antenna can be changed also. It is under the black pad above the battery. The pad is stuck on and the GPS antenna is just stuck underneath that. I successfully changed mine. It just took a little effort.

Buyer do your research...and if you have a problem, contact them.
    Fair enough, but I think you just proved my point; I specifically ordered the correct case - an AT&T 8310 case (*their* menu specifies: Home > AT&T > BlackBerry > Curve 8310)... but they sent a T-Mobile case without the antenna. Although the antenna can be swapped out, the casing is labeled differently and I did not want to risk messing up the antenna by swapping it out.

Ya think these people, being in the industry, would know about it and let people know *BEFORE* purchasing.
    04-10-09 10:38 AM
    From Fonlogix.us

We are sorry to hear you didnt receive a response after 2 emails. We have Customer service staff that can be reached by telephone monday- friday 7am-4pm pacific time we close for lunch
    Yeah, right; good luck getting a real person on the phone. I called a few times, never got a person until I threatened to force a chargeback on the credit card.
    04-10-09 10:40 AM
    -Hmm ordered a part (bold lcd screen) that was on backorder on march 28

-e-mailed them on apr.1 (wed) about the status of the backorder

- got a response back on apr.2 (thur) saying they are expecting it in next week (apr.5-11)

-i waited all last week and beginning of this week (apr.5-13)... heard nothing, so i sent them an e-mail on tuesday, apr.13.. 2 days ago

-havent got a response yet... this is gettin kinda stupid... i'll prly call tomorrow to see wuts up.. prly just gonna ask for a refund
    04-17-09 12:54 AM
    -I ordered a replacement LCD from them middle of February, the site said it was in Stock. They charged my card the next day.

-emailed them about every 2 weeks, always getting a response about my part being in 'next week'. In the mean time the site said my part was on back-order, then in stock, then on back-order after I emailed them about it being in stock.

-finally beginning of April, nearly 90 days after my order, I emailed to cancel, and they refunded my money.

-I ordered from repairsuniverse.com Sunday morning, and they shipped my part by noon on Monday.
    05-04-09 06:02 PM
    i placed an order out about 4 days ago ordering a new trackball for my blackberry 8100. The order number is #28727, however, i am unable to track it and i never recieved and emial to confirm my purchase...it would be greatly appreciated to be notified of where it is at the time or if its even been sent out yet....

thank you
    05-10-09 12:09 AM
    I recently ordered a replacement LCD screen for my 8130 as well as the tool set. After purchasing these items and having my credit card charged the next day, I saw this thread. I was really worried but I recieved my order perfectly fine 9 days after it was placed. And my screen works! Maybe I just got lucky? I hope everyone here gets taken care of one way or another!
    05-10-09 01:16 AM
    I have just recently placed an order with fonlogix. Its for a flex cable. My order # is 28653 and placed my order on 5/5/09. After reading this thread I also became very concerned. It took me a try or two but my call was taken. I was told the part that I want was out of stock. At this point I told him they should have informed me of this and should keep me updated despite them being busy. A business is judged by how they treat their smallest customers not their largest and that I was just wanting to hold him to what they were advertising on their website. I mentioned this thread and how it has made me very nervous. At this point the guy offered me an immediate refund if I so wanted. Since I havent seen where anyone has not gotten their product or their money back I am giving them a chance. I wont wait a month but like he said everyone writes the bad and never the good. Because of this I will call them back monday and see what the status of my order is. I will write to this thread letting anyone interested know how it goes.
    05-10-09 08:14 PM
    I ordered my tmobile wing LCD yesterday(sunday) around 4PM.
    I called and asked about my order after reading the bad reviews.
    I was told:
    1. You receive receipt with your purchase number(not shipping number)
    2. Order is processed(put in truck with other merchandise)
    3. Item shipped to (i think) UPS
    4. You receive shipping track number
    5. Item is shipped to another UPS if not close to WA and overnight
    6. you receive your order

Calling Advice: Call number, press 1, If representatives are busy(DON'T HANG UP), you will be put on hold, tell them your purchase number and ask if it is processed.
    05-11-09 04:19 PM
    I came home today and I had a message in my email that my order was being processed. I called to make sure what exactly this means. I was told it would ship out today but there may be a problem. The cables that they had just received in were used but have been tested and are assured to be good. As long as this was ok to me it would ship. All I want right now is to have a fully functional phone whether the cable is used or not but I digress. He wants me to call back once the cable is installed and make sure that everything works all right. once everything checks out, to my satisfaction, he wants to make sure everything thing is made right in the end because he doesnt like sending me something that I did not originally order. Things are looking good so far
    Last edited by baddgcarma; 05-11-09 at 05:32 PM.
    05-11-09 05:28 PM
    today, 5/14/09, I got my ribbon cable. It was used and appeared to be in good condition. I installed in on my phone and now my phone works good as new. The only thing left is to call. I tried to call once but It was late in the day because I was more interested in getting my phone up and working at the moment then to call them back. Short of when I call tomorrow I would say my experience has been good. All my concerns were addressed when I first called and I have my part. I wish it had been in stock so I could have gotten it sooner, would be the only real thing that could have gone better at this point.
    05-14-09 07:59 PM
    Well the order i placed on mar. 28th, finally shipped out yesterday (may 13th). Although some fonlogix guy called me last week on Monday (may 4th) after i demanded a refund the week prior. He was telling me how they were having issues sending people improper screens, because there are 3 different bold lcd screens. Which I myself also found out about after i looked for a different store to buy from. So i told him what my screen version is and he said, he'll get one directly shipped out to me ASAP(that day) from their own supplier, dont know why they didnt do this earlier. He said he'd get me a tracking number within 24-48 hours.

After I didnt get a tracking number within 2 days, i e-mailed their support asking what was going on, and a girl e-mailed me back (who i'd have dealt with all throughout april) and she didnt know what was going on, because she was asking what my bold lcd screen version was and was offering to have one shipped to me. Then i replied 'wut the ****, I already talked to someone on the phone on monday who said they'd ship it out to me. Unfortunately my e-mail didnt get through to her because her mailbox was full (prly full of complaints).

So I then e-mailed directly, and he said noone knew because he didnt tell anyone. Ok great... This was near the end of last week/early this week. He said he'd look into my order and get a tracking number. So I finally got an e-mail back yesterday, and low and behold my order didnt get shipped out till yesterday (may 13th). Even though he called me on Monday the week before (may 4th), and reassured me that he was going to have his supplier ship it out that day/very soon.

Finally to top it off, I have to pay another 11 dollars in taxes (ups) for this whole wonderful experience. After talking to UPS my order is finally being delivered to me tomorrow (may 15th).

This was the worst experience i've ever had with any sort of business establishment, whether it be an online store, retail store, phone service, isp service, etc... I have an entire folder in my gmail inbox full of our back and forth messages which were useless and had absolutely no progress.
    Perhaps it was my fault for not adamantly demanding a refund earlier, much earlier, but i never fathomed things could get this bad.

Lets see what happens tomorrow, i bet there will be a big scratch on my screen, that would not surprise me
    05-15-09 12:04 AM
    holy cow. i'm so glad i didn't order from them. i was considering for awhile because they had what i needed, but i'm glad i went somewhere else...
    05-17-09 10:36 PM

Ugh. Sorry to read all of this. I thought I had lucked out when I saw they had exactly what I was after. I should have known better and done a search on them first.

Granted, it's only been a couple days since I ordered from them but so far all I've gotten is their auto gen order confirmation. They've charged my card too, but no shipment e-mail.

I'll give it until mid next week before I inquire as to the status.

(Fortunately, I was able to find the same parts I was after from another vendor who actually e-mailed me to let me know the parts were in stock and would be shipping after the holiday weekend. So I may end up with duplicate parts, but at least I'll be able to fix my broken phone.)

In any case, I hope Fonlogix comes through.
    05-23-09 07:37 PM
    *sigh* i too was foolish and ordered through them without first reading this. i just got too excited about a new housing and trackball, and their prices being so much lower than cnn.cn sucked me in. i placed the order tonight and will see what happens down the road. i'll keep my fingers crossed and try to remember to post back here with results
    07-12-09 10:38 PM
    Well, I ordered from them before I read this and now I wish I hadn't. I had hoped that the problems that I'd read about here were in the past, but so far it looks like the same. I placed an order Monday w/overnight shipping. I tried to call "customer service" yesterday, but there is a recording that says there is no customer service via telephone until later in July. I then sent them an email to ask when the order would be shipped and received an email that my order has shipped within about 2 minutes. The email had a FedEx tracking number but the shipment details showed the package weighing next to nothing (less than one of the items I ordered) so I sent another email asking if the entire order shipped or only certain parts. No reply. Well, it's Wednesday now and Fonlogix still hasn't done anything except generate a shipping label. Who knows how long it will stay in that status judging by the experiences of others here. Belize2004 seems to keep saying that they are trying, but it isn't that hard of a concept - 1)cust orders, 2)Fonlogix picks and packs and SHIPS!! I've gotten better help from government employees!!
    07-15-09 09:57 AM
    Well I never had to contact customer support, so I cannot comment on that. However, I couldn't be happier with this company. Their prices are almost impossible to beat. Furthermore, I placed my order on Sunday and received it on Thursday. No missing items, no delays, and the parts all seem to be good quality. My only complaint would be that the packing wasnt the best... no bubble wrap or anything, which would be nice consider the faceplate i ordered is just some thin plastic. Nonetheless, the parts were not broken. I actually wish they had a larger selection of parts, because I would be more than happy to order from them again. I can't comment on all the bad orders, but this one went smoothly, so maybe its safe to order from them now that they have worked out the kinks.

And just to avoid any of this "you must work for them" talk, here are some pics to show my actual invoice. Make sure to note the order date, etc.
    07-17-09 07:00 PM
233 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD