06-27-09 02:14 PM
266 ... 7891011
tools
    I had to send mine back first as well - from the UK to Florida (Why Florida - has Buenos Aries moved?) It's a niggle having to pay shipping back, but not too costly around 2.50 ($4 ish). The replacement is due tomorrow am and has only taken about 10 days, with Easter in the middle. I'm guessing my main beef will be with those terribly nice FedEx people who will probably (again) want to charge me twice as much to collect the customs duty (which is only 3) as the duty itself! Don't worry, I won't be paying it.
    I'm not overly happy about it, but the Vaja case is still by far the best quality (apart from the original magnet) and neatest design that I've seen (mine is the Classic Pouch). I'm also giving them the benefit of the fact that they have had the cost of remaking and re-customising the case and shipping it again, so they must be even more unhappy about the magnet problem than we are.
    Overall I would still say their customer service is acceptable, I'm just looking forward to getting my case back with a working magnet.
    I can't understand why your fees are so low, but FEDEX charged me $20 for taxes/ their fees/ duties. I live in Canada and can't understand how a European country charges less in taxes!

What do you mean you won't be paying FedEx's fees? How is that possible?
    04-22-09 08:52 PM
    I can't understand why your fees are so low, but FEDEX charged me $20 for taxes/ their fees/ duties. I live in Canada and can't understand how a European country charges less in taxes!

What do you mean you won't be paying FedEx's fees? How is that possible?
    I don't know either - I'm happy about that part.

FedEx don't collect on delivery here, they invoice afterwards. I appreciate I may have an argument! I meant really that I would be arguing about duty/fees on replacement - shouldn't be any duty payable, therefore FedEx shouldn't be charging me a fee. Haven't had an invoice yet.

By the way, the case is brilliant - magnet working fine and I'm really happy with it.
    04-23-09 12:52 PM
    I got my ivolution case last week and must say that I am really impressed with it. The phone fit into it perfectly even with the phantom skinz on it, though I ended up taking the skin off of the phone. I was kinda worried because of the fact that after I ordered the case a few people started posting issues with their cases. But I have absolutely no complaints about my case at all. The case is black leather on the outside with the steel gray leather on the inside. Being in the military the case has to be of a dark color while in uniform.
    04-26-09 02:05 PM
    I just ordered one..

I seen the op mentioned the flip back top doesn't get in the way, did anyone else have a comment about it?

I'm worried it will get in the way..
    04-26-09 04:42 PM
    I got my ivolution case last week and must say that I am really impressed with it. The phone fit into it perfectly even with the phantom skinz on it, though I ended up taking the skin off of the phone. I was kinda worried because of the fact that after I ordered the case a few people started posting issues with their cases. But I have absolutely no complaints about my case at all. The case is black leather on the outside with the steel gray leather on the inside. Being in the military the case has to be of a dark color while in uniform.
    very nice! can't see the gray, but looks good. my replacement case is scheduled to arrive tomorrow, looking foraward to having it back, with magnet working!
    04-26-09 07:23 PM
    I just ordered one..

I seen the op mentioned the flip back top doesn't get in the way, did anyone else have a comment about it?

you'll get used to it quickly, it is very flexible.
    04-26-09 07:24 PM
    Is there a way to track your case along the process of being made? Or at least a completion percentage? I haven't even gotten confirmation that they even started it.
    04-26-09 07:41 PM
    I got my replacement case today, it seems that the magnet is working, it fits great, nothing to complain about, so far. It looks like the magnet is in the same location, the same size, except comsiderably thicker. I'll see if there is anything more to add, in a few days use. I'm very happy with the replacement at this time. It only took 3 weeks from the time I mailed it to the time I got the replacement; not too bad.
    04-27-09 08:45 PM
    Is there a way to track your case along the process of being made? Or at least a completion percentage? I haven't even gotten confirmation that they even started it.
    I emailed them once, after I sent the original phone, to make sure they had received it; got an email back that they were in the 3rd stage, and it would be completed the following week...otherwise, no. You can track FedEx after it is shipped, to track it's progress to you.
    04-27-09 08:47 PM
    for all of you STORM owners with Vaja cases .... How is typing now? Is it better than what was reported in earlier posts? Some have mentioned difficulty screen clicks in the corners.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-03-09 07:42 AM
    Seems ok to me.
    05-03-09 08:23 PM
    I just ordered one..

I've said this before...maybe in this post or another (search CB or 'ivolution').

Does it get in the way? Yes. Is it livable? I think so...I love the protection, look and fit. So the fact its a little cumbersome for some uses is fine by me.

Texting in landscape is easy to get used to, so no biggie there. Texting in portrait is OK...flap just kinda hangs or you can try to hold against the back (note: it doesn't sit flush against the back...). If you 1-hand text in Portait then its a bit more obnoxious.

For phone use (traditional), this is the worst. Its either dangling or you have to hold it back w/ your hand (again, not flat). However, I always either use a headset or speakerphone...so flap issue is moot for me. Speakerphone works totally fine w/ flap closed too. Even though there isn't a mic hole, the mic works fine. Just make sure you set the phone to not auto-hangup phone when holstered.

Biggest problem IMO is that it should have been designed w/ a longer hinge so the top flap could lie flat against the back of the case when open. That would make all uses a little easier. Furthermore...if it had a magnet to hold the flap against the back (assuming no belt clip post)...well, its too bad that they didn't consider this.
    05-05-09 10:21 AM
    Anybody have any suggestions re: the front flap just popping down at random times (it seems)...no change on this from my 1st case. Not a huge issue, but annoying...
    05-05-09 09:27 PM
    Im this close to ordering one.You that have one would you suggest i get one? Reason is i NEVER use my Storm in Portrait Mode.I always use it sideways with the full QWERTY.Will this be a bad nuisance for me having the flap there?Was considering a Otter Box but after seeing this case i want one!!
    05-05-09 09:32 PM
    Im this close to ordering one.You that have one would you suggest i get one? Reason is i NEVER use my Storm in Portrait Mode.I always use it sideways with the full QWERTY.Will this be a bad nuisance for me having the flap there?Was considering a Otter Box but after seeing this case i want one!!
    I'm not sure how I will like the flap... Although, I never use mine in landscape..

Worse comes to worse, I'll ebay it.

But, I think I will like it.
    05-10-09 07:38 PM
    Anybody have any suggestions re: the front flap just popping down at random times (it seems)...no change on this from my 1st case. Not a huge issue, but annoying...
    Once in a while I would find the flap hanging on mine but I found what was happening was I wasn't actually closing it all the way like I should have been.

To those wondering if the cover gets in the way. It is a minimal obstruction that you get used to. One thing that I love more than anything about this case over any other is that the phone slides right out of the case with no problems so that I can put it on the charging/sync cradle at night. Yet when it is in the case it is plenty tight enough that I have no worries that the phone is going to go flying. I have had mine for a few weeks now and still love it with no issues. I would say that this is probably one of the most professional looking cases on the market to date. Nothing against the otterbox as it has its place as well. But it's place is on a construction site not in the office environment.
    05-10-09 08:05 PM
    Some pics of my Vaja as requested, orange w/ white stripe. So far I am liking this case.

05-10-09 09:08 PM
    I wish they made one that was the same exact design as Innocase II, but with leather..
    05-10-09 09:09 PM
    Im excited to get mine.Im using a Body Glove Case with clip right now and i really like it.Clip is weak and it is bulky.Almost went with the Otterbox but im sick of all the bulk.So the Vaja with clip just seemed like the right choice.And it seems the clip is like bulletproof on the vaja as well.Ill let you know how it works.
    Late,zubbeyboy
    05-10-09 09:17 PM
    Some pics of my Vaja as requested, orange w/ white stripe. So far I am liking this case.

I have that Tag.

I love the color of that case. Thats the one I ordered, I have a tissot T-Touch that will match it perfectly.
    05-10-09 09:28 PM

Your images are not working correctly.
    05-10-09 09:42 PM
    Images are working fine for me!
    05-10-09 09:44 PM
    Images are working fine for me!
    Sorry, this appears to be the first time google chrome has ever let me down.
    05-10-09 10:03 PM
    okay here is your problem and an EASY fix. The left sided button (camera) has no-cut out but a little push through soft leather button. what is happening is that the case is exerting pressure on this button and when that happens your screen won't recognize clicks. the easiest way to fix this is to take a blunt metal object like a key and firmly press on the inside of the case where is button is. do this for a minute or so to loosen up this area and make it "pooch" outwards. this should fix your problem. it fixed it for me on both my original SP and my replacement. obviously you will have to do this with the phone out of the case .
    That was my problem - saved a lot of heartache - thank you for this post!
    05-12-09 03:56 PM
    Wow, nice, but upwards of $80 for a cell phone case is too much for me.

I'm interested in seeing the end result nontheless.
    05-12-09 03:59 PM
266 ... 7891011
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD