06-27-09 02:14 PM
266 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Been following this thread, despite having a Bold.
    My case arrived today, exactly 20 days since the order went through.

As discussed, the right convenience key, I use it for camera/click, is a difficult click, but I think it can be resolved if I either work it in or slide a bit of folded paper in there. Fit is nice, very sturdy. No idea if it will be comfortable during calls, no one has rung yet, and I rarely use the phone for, er, phoning people. Sleeper magnet works fine as far as I can tell.

Pics below.

04-16-09 02:45 PM
    Gorgeous Vaja fk! I'd get the same theme but with their gray/steel with the red stripe/interior if I had a BB.
    04-16-09 07:38 PM
    $80 is way too much for a case....I'll stick with my Body Glove hard case. And I am not feeling that flap when it's open....
    04-16-09 08:29 PM
    VERY nice, flamingkitties!
    04-16-09 09:34 PM
    I love Vaja cases, I have one for my IPod Video 30GB, and my IPod Touch 8GB, I've been thinking about getting one for the Storm, but I hadnt checked and seen if they were selling them yet. But seeing as how you have one, I am going to go ahead and order it ASAP.
    04-17-09 12:57 AM
    can someone send me the link to the website
    04-17-09 01:32 AM
    can someone send me the link to the website
    Vaja Leather Products
    04-17-09 03:33 AM
    As the manufacturers of the 'Ultra Clip' and the '764 Clip', I'd like to add some clarity to what's been posted here. While it's true that the best case companies have chosen to offer our belt clips, we'd simply like to let people know that ANY Ultra Clip, or 764 Clip, that you buy from VAJA Cases , Piel Frama , or from CASES.COM, ALL come with a free lifetime replacement warranty. These companies prove they care and they know that IF you want the OPTION of a removable belt clip, you should never buy a case with a cheap, easily broken belt clip that could leave you with nothing but a memory of your Blackberry. We are proud to be their suppliers. (ps. All of our car mounts are warrantied also) TheClip. com - since 1996.
    04-17-09 12:05 PM
    Vaja finally agreed to replace my case after I complained about missing over HALF of my calls for a week because the stupid case was squeezing the camera key making the clicks not register AND a white line appeared where the tracks of the phone were due to the leather getting cut just by using it!

Problem is, they asked me to ship it to Florida and I live in Canada! I've emailed the Vaja lady enough already, so I'll ask the members here - is there any way I can get them to ship me the replacement case then ship my original back? The first posts seemed to have that done, then the later people receiving replacements had to ship it first.

I really don't want to wait a week for it to reach Florida, then a month for them to have to build it. I payed $120 because this was supposed to be the only case I ever needed! Not to mention, it seems like they want me to pay shippping! Shipping to the US from here is ridiculous, and without insurance Canada Post seems to love crushing packages.

So, is there any way to get them to ship me my replacement first, and have them pay for the shipping? I mean come on - they shipped me a completely faulty product and I'm paying a premium for the quality.
    04-17-09 04:43 PM
    My heck those are cool but SO extremely expensive. I'll pass, lol.
    04-17-09 05:15 PM
    Received my case last week, Orange with white stripe. so far I love it
    Can you post some pictures of it?? That is the one I'd get if I decide to get one.
    04-17-09 05:20 PM
    Anyone who has gotten one recently notice any of these annoyance discussed throughout the thread to be resolved? I am thinking I'm going to get one

Also, I mainly text, as I talk on the phone all day at work. In other words I hate talking on the phone! How is the iVolution SP with texting both in landscape and portrait?
    Last edited by Breezer23; 04-17-09 at 05:55 PM.
    04-17-09 05:47 PM
    Vaja finally agreed to replace my case after I complained about missing over HALF of my calls for a week because the stupid case was squeezing the camera key making the clicks not register AND a white line appeared where the tracks of the phone were due to the leather getting cut just by using it!

Problem is, they asked me to ship it to Florida and I live in Canada! I've emailed the Vaja lady enough already, so I'll ask the members here - is there any way I can get them to ship me the replacement case then ship my original back? The first posts seemed to have that done, then the later people receiving replacements had to ship it first.

I really don't want to wait a week for it to reach Florida, then a month for them to have to build it. I payed $120 because this was supposed to be the only case I ever needed! Not to mention, it seems like they want me to pay shippping! Shipping to the US from here is ridiculous, and without insurance Canada Post seems to love crushing packages.

So, is there any way to get them to ship me my replacement first, and have them pay for the shipping? I mean come on - they shipped me a completely faulty product and I'm paying a premium for the quality.
    It sounds like you are going to have to contact them about your issue. It sounds like a unique issue that should be taken into consideration. They have been responsive with every email that I have sent them. I am still waiting on my case to even get a tracking number for shipping. I ordered on March 24th. I don't know if it is supposed to be 20 days or 20 business days.
    04-17-09 06:19 PM
    to expensive for my blood but does look very nice
    04-17-09 07:23 PM
    Snap that is alot for a case.
    04-17-09 08:20 PM
    I had to return my case first. They were not very good about contacting me. It was mailed to FL on the 3rd, and I just heard back from them yesterday that it will be ready to ship to me next week...I paid for shipping to FL and insurance.... I'm guessing I will have been without it about a month when I get the replacement, hopefully everything will be good with it, and I won't have to do it again! Anybody ever feel like it's "Groundhog Day" with their Storm AND their Vaja case???? Both should be eventually awesome...but it is such an effort to get there!!!
    Last edited by walkingrock; 04-17-09 at 08:41 PM. Reason: correction and comments
    04-17-09 08:33 PM
    EDIT :Okay, Vaja dropped their ridiculous instructions and did everything the way I wanted to after a fairly long email exchange. Everything is good now, so I'm taking my rant off.
    Last edited by Bender101; 04-22-09 at 08:49 PM.
    04-17-09 09:25 PM
    I would advise anyone considering buying anything from Vaja to be very cautions. There is no doubt that they make great products, but good luck getting any kind of customer support if you have any problems. Before getting a storm skin from them I asked them very specifically if the opening for the touchscreen gave full, unrestricted access to the keyboard, and was assured that I would not have any problems. When the case arrived guess what....in landscape mode I can't hit the keys along the bottom or the side because the leather intrudes just a little bit too much over the touchscreen. So I wrote to them, but it would seem that now that they had my money my emails to their customer service mysteriously dropped off the face of the planet and into a black hole. The bottom line is that while their products are about as good as it gets, their customer service totally sucks.
    04-18-09 10:29 AM
    That case looks pretty sick....don't know about that flap though
    04-18-09 11:48 AM

I had to send mine back first as well - from the UK to Florida (Why Florida - has Buenos Aries moved?) It's a niggle having to pay shipping back, but not too costly around 2.50 ($4 ish). The replacement is due tomorrow am and has only taken about 10 days, with Easter in the middle. I'm guessing my main beef will be with those terribly nice FedEx people who will probably (again) want to charge me twice as much to collect the customs duty (which is only 3) as the duty itself! Don't worry, I won't be paying it.
    I'm not overly happy about it, but the Vaja case is still by far the best quality (apart from the original magnet) and neatest design that I've seen (mine is the Classic Pouch). I'm also giving them the benefit of the fact that they have had the cost of remaking and re-customising the case and shipping it again, so they must be even more unhappy about the magnet problem than we are.
    Overall I would still say their customer service is acceptable, I'm just looking forward to getting my case back with a working magnet.
    04-19-09 10:48 AM
    I'm sure Vaja has been as frustrated as we have been with getting these cases to work correctly. The quality control is a real issue with the Storms themselves, some have keys that fall off, some have wobbly screens, some have trouble clicking their screen without a case on it, so it would be that much worse if a case was a little tight. These are hand-made cases. There are bound to be miniscule variations that may work on one storm and not another...
    04-20-09 11:19 PM
    They had no problems with me keeping my defective case (cases actually...I still have #1:bad magnet and #2:cover wont close) until I received #3. I did have to spend some time taking pics to prove #2 was defective...but once they saw that I was right there were zero issues getting replacement going.

3rd time is a charm...received #3 yesterday and its 100%. CS told me the product manager personally tested mine b/c of all my correspondence w/ them.

To answer your other question: I did ask if I could keep my 1st one for a nominal charge (other than the magnet my 1st case is fine...so I'd just as soon keep it for a backup). No dice, they want #1 and #2 returned.

I did end up writing them that email warning them of the potential click/button problems due to the super-finicky Storm. CS thanked me and escalated the letter supposedly.
    04-21-09 09:11 AM
    Glad to hear that #3 is 100%! I'm hoping that #2 will be for me. I think they were more willing to let people keep their cases while their new ones were being made, early on in the reprocessing stage...as more people had problems and needed replacements they got tougher....
    04-21-09 09:25 PM
    love the vaja cases!! glad to see others that have them, and like them
    04-21-09 09:30 PM
    most ridiculous price i have ever seen for a phone case, but it looks cool. i would still go with the Invisible Shield by Zagg---its only 30
    04-21-09 09:36 PM
266 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD