06-27-09 03:14 PM
266 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Sweet nice very nice
    03-25-09 10:52 AM
    I bit the bullet and ordered mine on Monday. Decided that I was going to go ahead and keep the phone for the full 2 years. Ordered the ivolution top with the outside of the case in Black and the inside leather in steel Grey with the belt clip. They started the "crafting" process yesterday according to the email I got from them. Can't wait.
    03-25-09 11:09 AM
    Re: the white iVolution Top SP with the black interior: Mxchino's, who wrote:

"I've read previous reviews on the case about the magnet not being strong enough to put the phone to sleep. My case does not have this issue, the magnet is placed directly in the center of the flap that covers the screen. I can actually see the screen shutoff before the flap is fully closed. Maybe they changed the magnet placement or just changed magnets, since the first batch that shipped out, either way this seems to be no longer an issue."

...What does the magnet area look like? Does it look the same as the black one with the red interior (FictionWeLive's: look at the 3rd picture with the case open). Mine looks like Fiction's...small, retangle in the middle of the top flap that covers the screen. The magnet is totally inadequate. I just want to know if Vaja has changed the sleeper magnet, or if it is still the same...
    After looking over the other case you mentioned, the placement is exactly the same. They must of changed the magnet then. I just double checked it now, the screen goes off well before the case is fully shut. I'm anxious to see how other recently made cases perform, if they're the same as mine, or i just got lucky.
    03-25-09 06:01 PM
    Thanks for the info MxChino. Maybe they have used the same size/shape magnet that is more powerful. That would be nice. I havwen't heard from Vaja re: my complaint about my magnet, I may email them again.
    03-25-09 10:36 PM
    Nice. I am expecting mine sometimes this week. Quick question: Does anyone who own a phone or storm with invisible shield applied (overall, not just the screen) able to fit the sp ivolution case? Will there be an issue? Thanks!

I would be surprised if you can get it into the Vaja case with anything on it other than a screen saver...It has loosened a little with use, but it is a tight fit.
    03-25-09 10:37 PM
    Thanks for the info MxChino. Maybe they have used the same size/shape magnet that is more powerful. That would be nice. I havwen't heard from Vaja re: my complaint about my magnet, I may email them again.
    I will let you know how my case works out when I get it. I am about 18 days away from receiving it I hope.
    03-25-09 10:38 PM
    I received my Vaja case about 2 weeks ago and have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

I got the open front version in nautical blue with the clip. The case itself is awesome; fits the phone great, feels good, clip works great. But just in the short time I've had it the color has begun to wear off the leather on all of the corners and contact areas and this is with extremely light use. Pretty frustrating.

Pics didn't come out great, but you can probably make out the wear to the lower corner....faded areas like that pretty much cover any area of the case that has contact with any surface.

Wow, bummer. Mine is Nautical blue, with clip, don't see any wear at all. Have had it for about a month now.
    03-25-09 10:40 PM
    I will let you know how my case works out when I get it. I am about 18 days away from receiving it I hope.
    Thanks! Appreciate it!
    03-25-09 10:41 PM
    Just got the shipping notice for mine ivolution top sp, its due here on Friday! I'll post pics once get it.
    That's alright, we've all seen the Vajina case around here non-stop... I'll go stare at pictures of tits instead...
    03-26-09 02:15 AM
    I received my Vaja case about 2 weeks ago and have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

I got the open front version in nautical blue with the clip. The case itself is awesome; fits the phone great, feels good, clip works great. But just in the short time I've had it the color has begun to wear off the leather on all of the corners and contact areas and this is with extremely light use. Pretty frustrating.

Pics didn't come out great, but you can probably make out the wear to the lower corner....faded areas like that pretty much cover any area of the case that has contact with any surface.
    This is what made me iffy about getting one in the first place.

I was researching the case and although it got great feedback from this forum, I noticed that the leather had to be somewhat cared for as well. I understand it is quality and all that good stuff but to be honest I didn't really feel like paying and waiting for something that I would have to take care of to take care of my phone. Seems like it is missing the point.
    03-26-09 02:27 AM

I was researching the case and although it got great feedback from this forum, I noticed that the leather had to be somewhat cared for as well. I understand it is quality and all that good stuff but to be honest I didn't really feel like paying and waiting for something that I would have to take care of to take care of my phone. Seems like it is missing the point.
    It's for trendy people... otherwise they would just get holsters and a Innocase.
    03-26-09 02:42 AM
    Ordered my Vaja case on Feb 23rd. Received it yesterday. Sent an email to customer service last night. The case is really nice, but I can't use it. There is no cut out for the right convenience button. When the Storm is in the case, the right side of the case is pushing in on the button and it stops the Storm from functioning.

Ron Bernier
    Woonsocket, RI
    03-26-09 07:42 AM
    Ordered my Vaja case on Feb 23rd. Received it yesterday. Sent an email to customer service last night. The case is really nice, but I can't use it. There is no cut out for the right convenience button. When the Storm is in the case, the right side of the case is pushing in on the button and it stops the Storm from functioning.

Ron Bernier
    Woonsocket, RI
    got pics? needs to break in. then all buttons will work. not sure what u mean by no cutout... please post pics
    03-26-09 08:04 AM
    got pics? needs to break in. then all buttons will work. not sure what u mean by no cutout... please post pics
    I'll try to post some pics this evening. By cutout, I meant there is no opening for the right convenience key. I hadn't read all of the other messages before adding my post (my bad), so I didn't realize that the lack of a right side opening is the way the case is made. I'll have to keep working the case so that I get it loosened up some. The sleeper magnet on mine does work as expected. The screen shuts off before the front flap is fully closed.

Ron Bernier
    Woonsocket, RI
    03-26-09 08:17 AM
    Ron, the case has an indentation outward for the right convenience button that needs to be broken in. Once it is broken in there is no longer too much pressure on the button and you can in fact use the button through the case. I just inserted and pulled my phone out of the case several times. I suspect less than a dozen times should be sufficient. This doesn't take long at all and the case will continue to break in a bit.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 10:03 AM
    Thank you to all who expressed interest in the iVolution case I ordered. It has now found a new home with someone who will show it all the love it deserves.

Off to order my Bold case!

Hey all who are on the fence for ordering a Vaja for your Storm. My iVolution SP should be here in about three days.

Unfortunately, I have been arguing with VZW for a while now and am kind of fed up with their system(s). So, I am probably going to stick with a Bold for the time being (until the 9520?).

That being said, my iVolution will be looking for a good home; likely not mine. If you have any interest in it, please email me and I'll get back to you ASAP. Or you can hit me up via PIN at 24B12539. If nobody in this thread is very interested, I will probably post it in the Marketplace when it shows up.

Time to go back and order a Bold case from Vaja!!

Have a great day,
    -E
    03-26-09 11:30 AM
    Search online for disc magnets. You'll want a rare earth disc magnet that is very thin. The one I salvaged from the Seidio holster is about 1 mm thick and about 1/2 inch in diameter. Probably between 1/32 of an inch or 1 mm would work best. 1/16 is still less than 2 mm and should probably work as well. Make sure it is smooth so it doesn't scratch the face of the storm. The Seidio one has a smooth shiny metallic surface.

Just some quick googling gives me: (I haven't personally ordered from these websites)

K&J Magnetics - Products

The D801 size looks right and is nickel plated. I'm sure all the 1/32 thickness ones that are 1/2 inch or more should work. 1/16 might even work.

Disc Magnets

Once you get it just attach it to the imbedded bar in the inside of the front flap (the weak Vaja magnet). The magnets stick well enough together that I didn't use any adhesive since I want to keep the case pristine as possible.

The Vaja case should work perfectly now. Mine now works perfectly with the extra magnet.
    Just ordered a D801 to try. Looks promising. $0.35 for the magnet, and $5.00 for cheapest shipping still cheap considering the price of the case!!

K&J Magnetics - Products

Thanks again!

Got my magnet in the mail today. It is very thin and smooth, smaller than a dime in diameter and much thinner. It easily self-attaches to the magnet in my case top flap; the sleep mode works correctly now when I put my phone in the case and close it... Obviously, they could manufacture their cases with this magnet, or something similar, to make it work correctly....I want to see what those who are getting replacements get, then maybe I strongly request that Vaja sends me one too.
    Last edited by walkingrock; 03-28-09 at 04:54 AM. Reason: typo
    03-27-09 12:07 AM
    you mentioned that the keys are more difficult on the left edge of the keyboard. Are you talking about the Send/End/Blackberry/Back buttons or the actual letter keys? Has typing and pressing buttons gotten better with use and the case has broken in?
    Thanks
    I'm gonna guess that the OP was probably talking about the screen click itself. I thought I noticed the slightest change in screen click at the top of the screen (when held in portrait). Seemed like it was slightly harder to click and there was less screen movement. I removed & reinserted the phone a bunch of times since receiving the case; the screen click has been uniform all around the screen for the last couple of weeks. Just a lil break-in required.

RE: Non-functioning magnet - Vaja does appear to be replacing the cases if the sleeper mode isn't being activated. Sounds like they have already fixed the problem since the recent cases seem fine. I have to send my orig case back once my new one arrives.
    03-30-09 03:01 PM
    They are doing the same for me. I hope the magnet in the replacement works. We shall see! Glad they are standing behind their product. So far they are doing a good job with post product support, lets see if they follow through. Will update as things progress.
    update my replacement has shipped. will post when arrives if magnet issue is fixed or not.
    04-01-09 08:10 PM
    Just received my case today, Orange with white strip. Loving it so far.
    04-01-09 08:23 PM
    my replacement shipped today as well. expecting friday will post results
    04-01-09 11:51 PM
    When you guys get your replacements let me know how they are. I haven't decided whether to press it with them or not, probably will. They didn't respond to my first complaint about it.
    04-03-09 12:34 AM

HeroBerry, I don't do anything to the leather, to care for it. It's a case. I've had mine for a month, use it every day, looks great. I think a little wear on leather is character...oh, I guess there is a tiny bit of wear on the outer edges of the hinge...never even noticed, until just now when I was looking at it really closely.
    Last edited by walkingrock; 04-03-09 at 12:42 AM.
    04-03-09 12:39 AM
    received my replacement today. Here's what Ive noticed:

Feels more sturdy than original
    Fits better, not so tight that the keys don't work
    Magnet is the same shape but 2X thicker and works GREAT!
    Overall a better built, nicer case.
    VAJA has exceeded my expectations and I recommend them to all in need of a nice case.
    04-06-09 10:52 AM
    Good to hear about the replacement.
    I ordered 2 Classic Pouches (one for my son) which arrived last week. Cases are beautiful but the magnet on one worked (my son's of course!) and the other didn't.
    Vaja have agreed to replace the non-working one but I've had to send the old one back first, poss because they don't appear to have a UK rep.
    I know it will be worth the wait, but it's disappointing that it has taken so long to sort the magnets out - you might have hoped they'd test some of them before sending them out.
    04-06-09 12:34 PM
266 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD