06-27-09 02:14 PM
266 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Dammitboy! I almost want a Vaja case more than I want a Storm!

Thanks very much for the pics y'all.
    03-21-09 11:12 AM
    looks pretty good is it a really hard case and is it easy to open... cuz when i go to ride my motor bike im a afraid of loosing my phone so i leave it home when i need to take it lol
    03-21-09 11:56 AM
    So my Vaja Ivolution Top SP showed up at work yesterday a day earlier than expected. After having it for a full days use I have a few thoughts about it. First off though, I placed my order on February 26th, handcrafted process started on the 28th. I received notification of shipment on March 16th and received it on March 20th. So Vaja's estimate of 20 days is pretty much spot on.

To sum it up, I believe this is the nicest, most functional case you could own for your storm. Words just cannot describe the quality put forth by Vaja to craft this case. I'm not a huge fan of cases for my cell phones at all, they're usually tacky looking and add unnecessary bulk to the phone. With the Vaja, yes it adds a little bit of bulk, but is a very classy case, IMO it actually enhances the look of the phone and feels more like an extension of the phone and not just a case.

I've read previous reviews on the case about the magnet not being strong enough to put the phone to sleep. My case does not have this issue, the magnet is placed directly in the center of the flap that covers the screen. I can actually see the screen shutoff before the flap is fully closed. Maybe they changed the magnet placement or just changed magnets, since the first batch that shipped out, either way this seems to be no longer an issue.

However, the case is incredibly tight on the phone. While its good that I know the phone wont be slipping out of the case, its so snug that it does interfere with the function a bit. It puts pressure on the camera button causing the bottom row of hardkeys to not respond. While this is a big issue I feel that it will loosen up a bit and no longer be an issue.

All in all I cannot recommend this case enough. Its absolutely gorgeous and worth the money and wait. You WILL have people asking you about it. Below are some pictures of my Vaja Ivolution Top SP. White outside, black inside
    wow lol i didn't see ur case looks really nice the white looks well with the storm
    03-21-09 11:59 AM
    So my Vaja Ivolution Top SP showed up at work yesterday a day earlier than expected. After having it for a full days use I have a few thoughts about it. First off though, I placed my order on February 26th, handcrafted process started on the 28th. I received notification of shipment on March 16th and received it on March 20th. So Vaja's estimate of 20 days is pretty much spot on.

To sum it up, I believe this is the nicest, most functional case you could own for your storm. Words just cannot describe the quality put forth by Vaja to craft this case. I'm not a huge fan of cases for my cell phones at all, they're usually tacky looking and add unnecessary bulk to the phone. With the Vaja, yes it adds a little bit of bulk, but is a very classy case, IMO it actually enhances the look of the phone and feels more like an extension of the phone and not just a case.

I've read previous reviews on the case about the magnet not being strong enough to put the phone to sleep. My case does not have this issue, the magnet is placed directly in the center of the flap that covers the screen. I can actually see the screen shutoff before the flap is fully closed. Maybe they changed the magnet placement or just changed magnets, since the first batch that shipped out, either way this seems to be no longer an issue.

However, the case is incredibly tight on the phone. While its good that I know the phone wont be slipping out of the case, its so snug that it does interfere with the function a bit. It puts pressure on the camera button causing the bottom row of hardkeys to not respond. While this is a big issue I feel that it will loosen up a bit and no longer be an issue.

All in all I cannot recommend this case enough. Its absolutely gorgeous and worth the money and wait. You WILL have people asking you about it. Below are some pictures of my Vaja Ivolution Top SP. White outside, black inside
    looks great in white. glad to see the magnet issue has been resolved
    03-21-09 03:49 PM
    Dangit, now I want my case to be here NOW! I think I have about a week to go.
    03-22-09 08:13 PM
    Ordered one for my Bold. Spent two hours debating in my head if it was worth it before clicking accept. It's sure gonna be pretty. I received a OtterBox Impact in the mail today and it was awful, I can rarely find a case or skin I enjoy - I'll have to force enjoyment out of this Vaja because of the price....
    03-24-09 10:26 AM
    Hey all who are on the fence for ordering a Vaja for your Storm. My iVolution SP should be here in about three days.

Unfortunately, I have been arguing with VZW for a while now and am kind of fed up with their system(s). So, I am probably going to stick with a Bold for the time being (until the 9520?).

That being said, my iVolution will be looking for a good home; likely not mine. If you have any interest in it, please email me and I'll get back to you ASAP. Or you can hit me up via PIN at 24B12539. If nobody in this thread is very interested, I will probably post it in the Marketplace when it shows up.

Time to go back and order a Bold case from Vaja!!

Have a great day,
    -E
    03-24-09 11:14 AM
    looks great in white. glad to see the magnet issue has been resolved
    What does your magnet area look like? No problems with it?
    03-24-09 11:53 AM
    Re: the white iVolution Top SP with the black interior: Mxchino's, who wrote:

"I've read previous reviews on the case about the magnet not being strong enough to put the phone to sleep. My case does not have this issue, the magnet is placed directly in the center of the flap that covers the screen. I can actually see the screen shutoff before the flap is fully closed. Maybe they changed the magnet placement or just changed magnets, since the first batch that shipped out, either way this seems to be no longer an issue."

...What does the magnet area look like? Does it look the same as the black one with the red interior (FictionWeLive's: look at the 3rd picture with the case open). Mine looks like Fiction's...small, retangle in the middle of the top flap that covers the screen. The magnet is totally inadequate. I just want to know if Vaja has changed the sleeper magnet, or if it is still the same...
    Last edited by walkingrock; 03-24-09 at 12:12 PM.
    03-24-09 12:06 PM
    Here are photos of the Honey Yellow, Balance case; there is an Invisible Shield on the face and the color is off on the picture of the front, as I had to play around to get rid of light bounce off the face.

Both my wife and I like our cases. The only problems I've had are with the keys on the left edge of the keyboard. Other than that, I like the case as there is no fumbling with covers or anything before my Storm is functional.

you mentioned that the keys are more difficult on the left edge of the keyboard. Are you talking about the Send/End/Blackberry/Back buttons or the actual letter keys? Has typing and pressing buttons gotten better with use and the case has broken in?
    Thanks
    03-24-09 05:44 PM
    I ordered the Ivolution SP orange and white. should be here in a few days. I am getting excited now after seeing the pics posted here
    03-24-09 08:15 PM
    it costs 85 dollars?! LMAO!!!! for a case?!
    03-24-09 08:22 PM
    Just got the shipping notice for mine ivolution top sp, its due here on Friday! I'll post pics once get it.
    03-24-09 08:23 PM
    stromson, what part of virginia are you in
    03-24-09 08:24 PM
    OK, now that thats over with, Stromson. I am in northern Va also..
    03-24-09 09:27 PM
    OK, now that thats over with, Stromson. I am in northern Va also..
    PMed ya! (Apparently PMed ya is too short, I needed more characters to be able to reply)
    03-24-09 09:32 PM
    I PMed ya back
    03-24-09 10:29 PM
    Like I said, the case is killing the phone and I'm sure its leaving marks on the phone too.
    03-24-09 10:54 PM

Like I said, the case is killing the phone and I'm sure its leaving marks on the phone too.
    first ive heard of the case hurting the phone. mine has been great besides the magnet.

please stay on topic. please come to this thread looking for answers on the vaja case. not to hear people bicker
    03-24-09 10:56 PM
    I have this case for other phones and have not had a problem. I have not received mine for the storm yet so I cant say. well see I guess
    03-24-09 10:59 PM
    I received my Vaja case about 2 weeks ago and have to say I'm a bit disappointed.

I got the open front version in nautical blue with the clip. The case itself is awesome; fits the phone great, feels good, clip works great. But just in the short time I've had it the color has begun to wear off the leather on all of the corners and contact areas and this is with extremely light use. Pretty frustrating.

Pics didn't come out great, but you can probably make out the wear to the lower corner....faded areas like that pretty much cover any area of the case that has contact with any surface.
    Last edited by jagivant; 03-24-09 at 11:14 PM.
    03-24-09 11:05 PM
    man that sucks, especially for the price. I have heard they have great customer service, try to give them a call, they will most likely say its wear and tear but who knows
    03-24-09 11:15 PM

Lovely colors! Actually, very simple, but still very classy.

Also, what theme is that? Looks awsome! Seems kind of Palm Preish. Where did you get it?
    03-25-09 12:54 AM
    the theme is "Cartoonista". I have it on my phone, its pretty cool, has some nice colors and icons.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f131/fr...kinned-185899/
    03-25-09 02:31 AM
    Nice. I am expecting mine sometimes this week. Quick question: Does anyone who own a phone or storm with invisible shield applied (overall, not just the screen) able to fit the sp ivolution case? Will there be an issue? Thanks!
    03-25-09 09:40 AM
266 ... 34567 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD