06-27-09 02:14 PM
266 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Cool, good to know that they have seen a pattern and are responding. I have yet to hear result about mine; just the acknowledgment of my complaint (on March 13th).
    03-17-09 02:20 PM
    Cool, good to know that they have seen a pattern and are responding. I have yet to hear result about mine; just the acknowledgment of my complaint (on March 13th).
    check your junk mail folder
    03-17-09 05:19 PM
    whoa thats such a sick case!
    03-17-09 05:19 PM
    Just got a notice in my email today that my case has shipped! Ordered it on the 26th of feburary. Just a little under the 20 days quoted time. Very quick turn around especally since my iphone case took 45 days when i ordered it back in july.
    03-17-09 11:46 PM
    check your junk mail folder
    Thx! I did see your previous note about spam folder & did check already. Does the email come from vajacases.com? That is on my safe list and their previous emails came thru fine. I'll probably ping them in a day or two.
    03-18-09 08:36 AM
    I saw "Miami" mentioned in an earlier post in relation to the Vaja cases. Is that where they are made and shipped from? Can't find their location on their site?
    03-18-09 09:19 AM
    Isn't the iVolution made for the iPhone? I went to Vaja's web site and there was no iVolution made for the Storm... unless I am having another brain freeze.
    03-18-09 11:43 AM
    Vaja does make iVolution for the Storm, and they are located in Argentina, South America.

Did those of you who complained to Vaja about the magnet, and got a response, email to them on their site? I did. Have not heard from them yet. I want a replacement made, while I am using my current case!!
    Last edited by walkingrock; 03-18-09 at 10:05 PM.
    03-18-09 09:54 PM
    From the looks of this case the phone comes out of it fairly easily, yes?
    03-18-09 10:08 PM
    Actually, I have to tug it out and push it in. It fits pretty tight. It is a new case, though, so it may loosen up with time.
    03-18-09 10:44 PM
    Actually, I have to tug it out and push it in. It fits pretty tight. It is a new case, though, so it may loosen up with time.
    The reason that I ask is because I charge my phone in the sync cradle. I was thinking otterbox but I am getting bad vibes from their reviews plus I don't thing I want that much bulk. Though I have always been impressed with the rest of their lineup.
    03-18-09 10:47 PM
    The reason that I ask is because I charge my phone in the sync cradle. I was thinking otterbox but I am getting bad vibes from their reviews plus I don't thing I want that much bulk. Though I have always been impressed with the rest of their lineup.
    i use sync cradle at night. it slides out without too much effort i just pop it out with my thumb from the bottom.
    03-19-09 06:04 AM
    Does the front cover get in the way while on a call or do you just take it out of the case while on a call?
    03-19-09 07:11 AM
    Does the front cover get in the way while on a call or do you just take it out of the case while on a call?
    Kinda in the way. Cover can fold to the back so its not flopping around in the breeze, but it does not lie totally flat & somewhat awkward while holding phone to your ear.

Moot point for me. I just use a corded headset or speakerphone...I'm still running .75 and the mic sucks in normal phone mode.

And on the speakerphone note...the case still has to be open because otherwise the mic is covered with the top closed. But at least you're not trying to hold it to your ear @ the same time.

Still loving the case...its awesome. Only possible additions i'd make would be a LED indicator hole & maybe a mic hole.
    03-19-09 04:49 PM
    Kinda in the way. Cover can fold to the back so its not flopping around in the breeze, but it does not lie totally flat & somewhat awkward while holding phone to your ear.

Moot point for me. I just use a corded headset or speakerphone...I'm still running .75 and the mic sucks in normal phone mode.

And on the speakerphone note...the case still has to be open because otherwise the mic is covered with the top closed. But at least you're not trying to hold it to your ear @ the same time.

Still loving the case...its awesome. Only possible additions i'd make would be a LED indicator hole & maybe a mic hole.
    How do you overlook an indicator hole and mic hole? Ughhh, I want this case bad but am still hesitant on purchasing.
    03-19-09 05:36 PM
    that's a nice case...a real nice case
    03-19-09 06:12 PM
    I take my Storm out of the Vaja case every night to put it in my clock/charging dock.
    03-19-09 07:20 PM

The front cover is really not bothering me. I'm having no problem with the mic either.
    03-19-09 07:23 PM
    wow. that is nice. gong to put my order through today.
    03-19-09 07:25 PM
    Too much work flipping the cover to make a call LOL

Yup, I bit the bullet and went for it. Have only had skins on it so far since I got it which was the day of Storm release to Verizon. All my skins came from UniqueSkins.com which are great, but offer very little protection, and it seems I've been a bit clumsy with it lately. So I decided to buy a Vaja Case. i went with the ivolution Top SP without a clip. So I get a good look and the magnet. Got it in this color scheme - Outside: Caterina Black, Inside: Caterina Rosso. Now I just gotta sit and wait for 30 days for it to be made. Ill post pics and a review when I get it. Anyone else have this same case?

Order Date: 02/07/09
    Handcrafting Start Date: 02/08/09
    Ship Date: 03/06/09
    Arrival Date: 03/12/09
    2nd Case Handcraft Start Date: 03/17/09

MY VAJA CASE FINALLY ARRIVED!

My Thoughts:
    Looks GREAT!
    Feels GREAT!
    Very sturdy
    Excellent fit
    Comfortable in hand
    Strap is NOT in the way as expected
    Overall a very well built case that I'm very happy with.
    Would purchase again and recommend to a friend or 6
    Only complaint is that it takes so long to make, but its worth it
    Oh... and FedEx screwed up the shipping cause they suck.
    Sleeper magnet sucks!

DON'T HESITATE TO BUY ONE NOW THAT THE SLEEPER MAGNET HAS BEEN FIXED! WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

Your thoughts...?
    03-19-09 09:50 PM
    convinced me..just ordered one.
    03-19-09 10:32 PM
    i ordered mine on 03/03 and got the email today that it will be here monday. woo-hoo so excited! will report back with pics soon thereafter
    03-20-09 12:34 AM
    Just got mine today! Fedex showed a monday estimated delivery date but it came in today. I'll post pictures later tonight or early tomorrow. White with a black stripe, its gorgeous.
    03-20-09 05:05 PM
    So my Vaja Ivolution Top SP showed up at work yesterday a day earlier than expected. After having it for a full days use I have a few thoughts about it. First off though, I placed my order on February 26th, handcrafted process started on the 28th. I received notification of shipment on March 16th and received it on March 20th. So Vaja's estimate of 20 days is pretty much spot on.

To sum it up, I believe this is the nicest, most functional case you could own for your storm. Words just cannot describe the quality put forth by Vaja to craft this case. I'm not a huge fan of cases for my cell phones at all, they're usually tacky looking and add unnecessary bulk to the phone. With the Vaja, yes it adds a little bit of bulk, but is a very classy case, IMO it actually enhances the look of the phone and feels more like an extension of the phone and not just a case.

I've read previous reviews on the case about the magnet not being strong enough to put the phone to sleep. My case does not have this issue, the magnet is placed directly in the center of the flap that covers the screen. I can actually see the screen shutoff before the flap is fully closed. Maybe they changed the magnet placement or just changed magnets, since the first batch that shipped out, either way this seems to be no longer an issue.

However, the case is incredibly tight on the phone. While its good that I know the phone wont be slipping out of the case, its so snug that it does interfere with the function a bit. It puts pressure on the camera button causing the bottom row of hardkeys to not respond. While this is a big issue I feel that it will loosen up a bit and no longer be an issue.

All in all I cannot recommend this case enough. Its absolutely gorgeous and worth the money and wait. You WILL have people asking you about it. Below are some pictures of my Vaja Ivolution Top SP. White outside, black inside
    03-21-09 09:50 AM
    Here are photos of the Honey Yellow, Balance case; there is an Invisible Shield on the face and the color is off on the picture of the front, as I had to play around to get rid of light bounce off the face.

Both my wife and I like our cases. The only problems I've had are with the keys on the left edge of the keyboard. Other than that, I like the case as there is no fumbling with covers or anything before my Storm is functional.
    03-21-09 10:36 AM
266 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD