06-27-09 02:14 PM
266 12345 ...
tools
    Thank you for the pics but do you have any pics with the flap open please? Maybe some pics of how you would hold it with the flap open, etc. Also, not sure what kinda camera you were using for this first set of pictures but if you have any higher quality one that would be awesome :-) Thank again for posting some pics though. The case looks great!
    03-06-09 11:35 PM
    Well, I took the plunge. After having and loving the i Phone cases, I think I'm sticking with my .storm. IVolution Top SP; Brownie outside, Dark Blue stripe and inside.

I would love to go with a wilder color scheme, but my job is professional and I have to dress the part sometimes.

Can't wait! Oh, and thanks for the promo code ; $84 out the door!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-07-09 12:44 AM
    MY VAJA CASE FINALLY ARRIVED!

My Thoughts:
    Looks GREAT!
    Feels GREAT!
    Very sturdy
    Excellent fit
    Comfortable in hand
    Strap is NOT in the way as expected
    Sleeper magnet works GREAT!
    Overall a very well built case that I'm very happy with.
    Would purchase again and recommend to a friend or 6
    Only complaint is that it takes so long to make, but its worth it
    Oh... and FedEx screwed up the shipping cause they suck.

DON'T HESITATE TO BUY ONE! WELL WORTH THE MONEY!
    03-12-09 07:06 PM
    Looks awesome, you chose the same colour scheme as I would order too!
    Enjoy the case, I'm officially jealous!

03-12-09 07:25 PM
    Yup, I bit the bullet and went for it. Have only had skins on it so far since I got it which was the day of Storm release to Verizon. All my skins came from UniqueSkins.com which are great, but offer very little protection, and it seems I've been a bit clumsy with it lately. So I decided to buy a Vaja Case. i went with the ivolution Top SP without a clip. So I get a good look and the magnet. Got it in this color scheme - Outside: Caterina Black, Inside: Caterina Rosso. Now I just gotta sit and wait for 30 days for it to be made. Ill post pics and a review when I get it. Anyone else have this same case?

Order Date: 02/07/09
    Handcrafting Start Date: 02/08/09
    Ship Date: 03/06/09
    Arrival Date: 03/12/09

MY VAJA CASE FINALLY ARRIVED!

My Thoughts:
    Looks GREAT!
    Feels GREAT!
    Very sturdy
    Excellent fit
    Comfortable in hand
    Strap is NOT in the way as expected
    Sleeper magnet works GREAT!
    Overall a very well built case that I'm very happy with.
    Would purchase again and recommend to a friend or 6
    Only complaint is that it takes so long to make, but its worth it
    Oh... and FedEx screwed up the shipping cause they suck.

DON'T HESITATE TO BUY ONE! WELL WORTH THE MONEY!

Your thoughts...?
    It looks great!
    03-12-09 09:01 PM
    I received my Vaja Ivolution Top SP today as well. The case looks just as good as the web page images. The look, feel and smell and workmanship of the case are great. All in all I love the case.

A few things to note however.

My case needed break-in. It was very tight initially even though I use no skin on my phone. When I initially put it on the buttons would not respond. There is no cut out for the right side camera button. All other buttons hae cut outs so you can directly touch them. For the camera button instead they tool or otherwise create an indentation in the leather for the camera button and leave a soft area that you can push through it to activate the button. Since the leather is initially so tight, it holds down the camera button so that the other buttons including the click screen don't respond. I inserted the phone in several times (maybe 10 times) until the leather button depression was worked in enough that it no longer put too much pressure on the camera button and all the buttons on the phone began responding properly.

Also the magnet is a thin bar imbedded in the top of the case. I would prefer it if the magnet were more powerful. The case has to be fully closed and the top has to be flush with the phone for it to enter sleep mode. When I initially inserted the phone, there was a 1 mm space between the glass and the magnet. This meant that the phone didn't enter sleep mode reliably every time I closed the top cover unless I made sure to squeeze it flush. In a pocket it would be fine but sitting on a table I always had to make sure it was fully closed. I used a heavy flat object and placed it on top of the top cover with my phone inside for 5 minutes and the tiny gap is totally gone and the magnet working perfectly. I compared it to an magnet I salvaged from my old Seideio holster and the Seidio magnet is much more powerful and if I attach it to the front cover of the Vaja case it causes the phone to enter sleep mode well before the case is fully closed. I would hope that Vaja includes a more powerful magnet in future cases.

Other than these slight break-in issues, the case is outstanding. I wasn't sure how I'd feel about the non removable top. It is a tiny bit annoying but it folds out of the way easily and isn''t too bad at all.

I didn't get a clip since I wanted a pocketable case.
    Last edited by kyopo; 03-12-09 at 09:43 PM.
    03-12-09 09:15 PM
    pretty! Maybe I just need to set something heavy on mine to get the magnet working...the magnet is disappointing.
    03-12-09 09:35 PM
    pretty! Maybe I just need to set something heavy on mine to get the magnet working...the magnet is disappointing.
    The magnet is definitely too weak. I posted a better solution in the other Vaja thread of salvaging the sleeper magnet from a Seidio holster and attaching it to the long thin Vaja magnet on the inside of the top flap. This works perfectly even if the cover isn't totally closed. The little metal disk next to my case in the photo is the Seidio magnet.
    03-12-09 09:40 PM
    I've decided to use the extra magnet approach. Last night the case kept going into and out of sleep mode since the magnet was too weak and ended up killing the battery. If it just stayed in sleep mode or stayed out of sleep mode it would have been fine but since it kept waking up then going back to sleep it ended up draining the battery. I'm going to write to Vaja and suggest they use a stronger magnet.
    03-13-09 04:41 AM
    i too will be emailing them. the magnet was a good selling point for me and im displeased with it
    03-13-09 08:08 AM
    Here's a link to my review of the Vaja Ivolution in another post

Linky
    Last edited by keeena; 03-13-09 at 11:27 AM.
    03-13-09 11:10 AM
    The magnet is definitely too weak. I posted a better solution in the other Vaja thread of salvaging the sleeper magnet from a Seidio holster and attaching it to the long thin Vaja magnet on the inside of the top flap. This works perfectly even if the cover isn't totally closed. The little metal disk next to my case in the photo is the Seidio magnet.
    bummer, I can't find a magnet to recycle...
    03-13-09 07:58 PM
    bummer, I can't find a magnet to recycle...
    Search online for disc magnets. You'll want a rare earth disc magnet that is very thin. The one I salvaged from the Seidio holster is about 1 mm thick and about 1/2 inch in diameter. Probably between 1/32 of an inch or 1 mm would work best. 1/16 is still less than 2 mm and should probably work as well. Make sure it is smooth so it doesn't scratch the face of the storm. The Seidio one has a smooth shiny metallic surface.

Just some quick googling gives me: (I haven't personally ordered from these websites)

K&J Magnetics - Products

The D801 size looks right and is nickel plated. I'm sure all the 1/32 thickness ones that are 1/2 inch or more should work. 1/16 might even work.

Disc Magnets

Once you get it just attach it to the imbedded bar in the inside of the front flap (the weak Vaja magnet). The magnets stick well enough together that I didn't use any adhesive since I want to keep the case pristine as possible.

The Vaja case should work perfectly now. Mine now works perfectly with the extra magnet.
    03-13-09 10:34 PM
    awesome. thanks

although, vaja should fix this and send replacements
    03-13-09 11:02 PM
    You would think that if you pay this kind of money for this case it wouldn't have these little annoying problems.

Cya
    03-14-09 12:10 AM
    Search online for disc magnets. You'll want a rare earth disc magnet that is very thin. The one I salvaged from the Seidio holster is about 1 mm thick and about 1/2 inch in diameter. Probably between 1/32 of an inch or 1 mm would work best. 1/16 is still less than 2 mm and should probably work as well. Make sure it is smooth so it doesn't scratch the face of the storm. The Seidio one has a smooth shiny metallic surface.

Just some quick googling gives me: (I haven't personally ordered from these websites)

K&J Magnetics - Products

The D801 size looks right and is nickel plated. I'm sure all the 1/32 thickness ones that are 1/2 inch or more should work. 1/16 might even work.

Disc Magnets

Once you get it just attach it to the imbedded bar in the inside of the front flap (the weak Vaja magnet). The magnets stick well enough together that I didn't use any adhesive since I want to keep the case pristine as possible.

The Vaja case should work perfectly now. Mine now works perfectly with the extra magnet.
    Thanks for the info!
    03-14-09 10:05 PM
    Just ordered a D801 to try. Looks promising. $0.35 for the magnet, and $5.00 for cheapest shipping still cheap considering the price of the case!!

K&J Magnetics - Products

Thanks again!
    03-14-09 10:30 PM
    I also put the case, without phone, under the corner of my HP printer and squished it a bit; the magnet is now working better (making contact with the phone screen), but think this extra magnet will be a more reliable, long-term solution.
    03-14-09 10:33 PM
    For now I am using a round chrome-ish looking magnet 1mm thick x 16mm in diameter. I dunno where i got it...i just had it lying around. It make the sleep work perfectly. The screen shuts off when the top of the flap is ~25mm from the front of the phone, which is exactly what i expected the Vaja magnet to do.

This is an unacceptable long-term workaround tho; they really need to replace the magnet w/ a stronger one.
    03-16-09 10:39 AM
    That sh*t is so expensive... but nice looking, i wish i could afford it.
    03-16-09 12:18 PM
    anyone have vaja contact #? emailed them yesterday, but no reply as of yet.?
    03-17-09 07:30 AM
    anyone have vaja contact #? emailed them yesterday, but no reply as of yet.?
    email sent this weekend for the bum magnet in my involution.

response today. they want me to send back to miami on my dime. once they recieve the case then they will replace. will do this week. probably gunna be without my case for another month. not the best service for such an expensive case.....
    03-17-09 10:54 AM
    email sent this weekend for the bum magnet in my involution.

response today. they want me to send back to miami on my dime. once they recieve the case then they will replace. will do this week. probably gunna be without my case for another month. not the best service for such an expensive case.....
    i got the same thing. i emailed back asking to keep the one i have now until receiving the other. waiting on response.

if you use gmail and u haven't received a response, check your spam folder.
    03-17-09 10:57 AM
    Received a response. They started on my replacement. Estimated to ship in 15 days. Don't gotta send back my current case until I get the new one. Glad their support is decent

03-17-09 01:35 PM
    Received a response. They started on my replacement. Estimated to ship in 15 days. Don't gotta send back my current case until I get the new one. Glad their support is decent

They are doing the same for me. I hope the magnet in the replacement works. We shall see! Glad they are standing behind their product. So far they are doing a good job with post product support, lets see if they follow through. Will update as things progress.
    03-17-09 02:11 PM
266 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD