Started the PO for my OtterCase at work today... soooo excited... will update onces it gets sent in and the product arrives!...
    Last edited by Kieran; 04-14-08 at 10:27 PM.
    04-14-08 10:20 PM
    I like mine - if you rely on Battery Pulls, you might want to investigate the program Softreset so you don't have to open the case too often.
    04-15-08 12:29 AM
    Love mine!!!!!
    04-15-08 06:24 AM
    I think it is the best case I have ever owned.
    04-15-08 07:16 AM
    I own the otterbox case for the Curve. I have the all black case. I am a construction professional. Cant complain at all. Slips into the holster very well. One thing, people will wonder what the **** is on your waist though. It gives your device a substancial look, like its on steriods or something.
    04-15-08 07:45 AM
    I have the black and yellow one and most people often mistake it for a stud finder.
    04-15-08 07:51 AM
    Got that sucker yesterday...
    I took of my clear case that my 8830 its in all the time and put on the OtterBox... It is amazing... I got it so I could wear it on my belt when I am working (I work in the film biz)... i used to have one of the BlackBerry thick leather pouches for my 7520, one of the ones thats meant for a duty belt or something.... I think this Otter is a great replacement for that... The only thing is I don't think the clip on the holster will fit on my 2" belt... the belt my gear is on is more like a cops duty belt... any ideas to make it fit?
    04-30-08 02:18 PM
    It's a great case, I have had mine for 3 or so months. Great buy.
    04-30-08 02:56 PM
    youll love it its tough.
    04-30-08 03:05 PM
    So i just tried to put the case on my belt. It was what I thought, the 2 inch belt is too big for the belt clip. Any ideas? any options for a case that will work?
    04-30-08 10:23 PM
    They make the absolute best cases. Congrats!
    04-30-08 10:29 PM
    I know that I've seen a similar question raised in another thread, either here or in another BB forum. I think a cop or fireman raised the issue.

I have "altered" my 8830 holster since I do not use the belt clip but wanted to shell part of the holster to protect the screen/keyboard when I toss the bb into my hiking/cross-country skiing and bike packs.

With needle nosed pliers I was able to remove the clip and the round disk that rotates with the ratchet. There are two projections inside the clip that can be pinched to release it. You might be able to attach another belt clip to the otterbox holster???? Improvise??? I know its not cheap and to have to improvise may not be to your liking.
    05-01-08 01:03 AM
    Someone else recommends another pouch style case which will fit over large belts. I think it begins with an N. I'll look for it.
    05-01-08 06:17 AM
    While I don't have the Otterbox (yet I plan on getting one very soon) I have never been able to find a clip that fits over my duty belt. What I do is put the clip down the side of the pants and the material of the pant holds is secure. The only other thing I can suggest if you really have to have it on the belt as well, is cut a small section out of the belt right where you want the belt clip to go.

Mike
    05-02-08 08:24 PM
    F2 - Thanks, I was thinking of some McGivering similar to that. Taking off the clip and using rivits to hold a bit of webbing on.
    Mike_Luchia - The only good pouch that fits on the belt is the leather 7520 one. I am scared to take my 8800 into situations where I know I am going to be in jeperady of destroying it.
    lgreenberg- Thanks for looking.

My issue is this summer I am working on a show for NASCAR (CASCAR), I will be doing the in and out of the window thing with my full gear belt. Pouches, Radio, Blackberry, ect. I want to make sure nothing can get sheered off and will be secure on my belt. I was thinking of getting a pouch out of nylon that will fit my BB securely with the OtterBox over it. Scrap the holster all togeather.
    05-03-08 05:58 PM
    F2 - Thanks, I was thinking of some McGivering similar to that. Taking off the clip and using rivits to hold a bit of webbing on.
    Mike_Luchia - The only good pouch that fits on the belt is the leather 7520 one. I am scared to take my 8800 into situations where I know I am going to be in jeperady of destroying it.
    lgreenberg- Thanks for looking.

My issue is this summer I am working on a show for NASCAR (CASCAR), I will be doing the in and out of the window thing with my full gear belt. Pouches, Radio, Blackberry, ect. I want to make sure nothing can get sheered off and will be secure on my belt. I was thinking of getting a pouch out of nylon that will fit my BB securely with the OtterBox over it. Scrap the holster all togeather.
    check out Nite Ize: Manufacturer of Innovative Technology

Might have something that can help.
    05-04-08 04:04 AM
    I know that I've seen a similar question raised in another thread, either here or in another BB forum. I think a cop or fireman raised the issue.

I have "altered" my 8830 holster since I do not use the belt clip but wanted to shell part of the holster to protect the screen/keyboard when I toss the bb into my hiking/cross-country skiing and bike packs.

With needle nosed pliers I was able to remove the clip and the round disk that rotates with the ratchet. There are two projections inside the clip that can be pinched to release it. You might be able to attach another belt clip to the otterbox holster???? Improvise??? I know its not cheap and to have to improvise may not be to your liking.
    I use a side pouch made for the treo with my 8130 and otterbox
    05-04-08 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD