Bad news from across the pond for everybody who was thinking that it was AT&Ts network which was causing all the Bold problems. According to BGR Orange UK has officially stopped selling the bold because of quality issues.

Orange drops the Blackberry Bold due to quality issues : Boy Genius Report

“Following reports of software issues with the BlackBerry Bold handset across a variety of mobile operators, Orange has decided to act in the interest of its customers by suspending shipments of the device in the UK. We are currently awaiting feed back from RIM as to when an industry wide fix for these issues will be in place, and expect this suspension to be an interim measure. We apologize for any inconvenience this issue may cause you. BlackBerry/RIM are doing everything they can to resolve this issue and will be completing full testing and validation to ensure future handsets do not have any quality issues. This may take a couple of weeks so it’s up to us to do what’s best for our customers.
    Edit: I do realize in my rush to get this post up I butchered the word necessary and am not unable to fix it. I = fail @ spelng = (
    Last edited by Jackal; 10-09-08 at 08:55 PM.
    10-09-08 08:52 PM
    Seems like "drop" isn't the correct verb if they are temporarily suspending distribution.
    10-09-08 08:58 PM
    I would argue that theres new HW going into the bold so in a sense this early version will be dropped. As we've heard from PG the guts of the phone are getting a renovation as well.
    10-09-08 09:04 PM
    VINDICATION AT LAST!!!

Sorry couldn't resist a brief moment of I told you so but I have said this for five weeks....
    10-09-08 09:10 PM
    What about all of us who already own one? Exchange program?
    10-09-08 09:42 PM
    What about all of us who already own one? Exchange program?
    Talk to your carrier.... If you badger them enough they will usually replace it just to keep you quiet...
    10-09-08 10:29 PM
    Oh wow! I heard that AT&T didn't jump on the Bold"s wagon due to all the issues it came with it and thus kept pushing the release date, but I didn't know it was this bad. My Bold works fine here. Of course this is not Orange or AT&T

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 10:38 PM
    JoJo78, That's been one of the most frustrating things with the testing, no two devices exhibit the same problems at the same time.

My opinion is that any device made before 9/1/08 should be avoided...
    10-09-08 10:46 PM
    ^^ gatcha. I guess only time will tell. And with the Storm hitting the stores...let's see if this won't hurt the Bold's release in the US too much.

10-09-08 10:49 PM
    Before sept 01???? Most BB owner in canada have their bold make before that. And the phone works fine.

10-09-08 11:25 PM
    Isn't RIM in Canada? That might explain why it doesn't have any issues with the providers there. Think about it, too close to home. RIM doesn't want anyone throwing rocks at their plants....lol.

10-09-08 11:29 PM
    My bold is working fine on orange.

Is there a way to find the build date?
    10-10-08 11:42 AM
    Before sept 01???? Most BB owner in canada have their bold make before that. And the phone works fine.

Yep most do and no not all of them are fine. There are plenty of people here who have 2G/3G hand over issues that purchased Rogers devices...

Under the battery there is a sticker (at least on the 3 I have had) that lists various amounts of information one of them is SMTDate which we have been told is the MFG date.
    10-10-08 11:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD