I have a 9650. I have searched the web from alpha to zebra and can't find A 2400 mAh extended battery with a case that fits the phone with the 2400 mAh extended battery that fits into a holster that can be worn on the belt.

Anone know any obscure vendors or retail outlets that might have one? I really want that Seidio battery but I want it holstered and cased. It doesn't sound like a tall order to fill but Seidio can't handle it. Neither can Otterbox. There must me one out there. I would think it would be a common request. I am aware of a thread out there somewhere where you get a oair of scissors and a chainsaw to carve out where the battery protrudes. I'm not interested in that retrofit project. I was hoping for a molded case.

So where is it?
    12-06-10 09:17 PM
    First off; it is a Seidio 2600 mAh extended battery, and the best place to fine it is at Amazon, go here Amazon.com: Seidio 2600 mAh extended battery Cell Phone Accessories there are several listed on this page. All of the 2600s include a replacement battery door as well.

With the 2600 battery and battery door on the device it still fits into the OEM case (holster) that came with the phone. I have the 2600 battery in my device and use the OEM case and it works just fine. One thing to be aware of, the device will be a little tighter in the case, to avoid any unwanted keys being pressed it is advisable to put the device to sleep before putting it into the case by pressing and holding the a key for a couple of seconds. When the device is removed from the case the case magnets will wake it up for you.
    12-06-10 09:41 PM
    Bob,

Everything you said is correct. However I was looking for a plastic clip type holster, not a soft case. I dind't make myself clear. But I agree with you. I'd get it from Amazon if I can find a plastic holster for it.

If I don't find another solution, I will probably resort to your suggestion.

Thanks,

Roc

First off; it is a Seidio 2600 mAh extended battery, and the best place to fine it is at Amazon, go here Amazon.com: Seidio 2600 mAh extended battery Cell Phone Accessories there are several listed on this page. All of the 2600s include a replacement battery door as well.

With the 2600 battery and battery door on the device it still fits into the OEM case (holster) that came with the phone. I have the 2600 battery in my device and use the OEM case and it works just fine. One thing to be aware of, the device will be a little tighter in the case, to avoid any unwanted keys being pressed it is advisable to put the device to sleep before putting it into the case by pressing and holding the a key for a couple of seconds. When the device is removed from the case the case magnets will wake it up for you.
    12-06-10 09:49 PM
    Rocco,

I found your post while looking for another post in this forum covering the issue. I haven't found the original one again, but FWIW this is what I remember:

A Seidio 2600 mAh extended life battery will fit into the Otterbox Commuter case with a small modification. The OtterBox Commuter case will then fit into one of the Seidio's face-in Innocase clip holsters.

So, you get the shock protection of the case, the extended battery, and the clip holster. Only disadvantage was that you had to leave off the Seidio replacement battery door (again, IIRC) but have greater net protection due to Otterbox.

Hope this helps. I am still looking for the original post, but the poster thought it was the perfect combination.

-JohnV474
    12-07-10 10:25 PM
    Rocco,

A Seidio 2600 mAh extended life battery will fit into the Otterbox Commuter case with a small modification. The OtterBox Commuter case will then fit into one of the Seidio's face-in Innocase clip holsters.

-JohnV474
    Thanks John,

Let me know if you find out what that "small modification" was. I don't want to carve into my $30 case if I can help it.

Roc
    12-07-10 11:27 PM
    The mod to the commuter case is cutting out the rubber skin so that the batt fits through it. Use a sharpie to trace around the batt when the rubber skin is on the phone. I have done it and the hard case fits good. But you will have to leave off the batt door.
    There was a youtube video on how to do it.
    12-08-10 07:33 AM
    Ok,

I found regarding this modification (So thanks in advance to DC) but it seems like a ridiculous amount of effort.

It makes one wonder why Seidio, a world renown manufacturer of phone cases, makes an extended battery, but will not make a case to accommodate that extended battery. There's just something wrong about that.

I ordered the Commuter to try DC's modification. Meanwhile still open to other suggestions.

Roc
    12-08-10 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD