ok im too cheap to buy a car charger for my pearl because i only need to charge it in my car usually on the weekends when im out all day, going to sleep too late or drunk to remember to plug it up for the next day, so my mom gave me a car charger.

the car charger is very her OLD work berry not even the one she has now, so im not sure which model. the box says "blackberry 6200 series automotive charger". however, i don't think there was ever a 6200 series blackberry so i figured this was irrelevent.

i plugged it into my phone (w/o pluggin it into my car) and the connector fit.

the point is will using this charger on my bb damage it, some how short it out? or if the connector fits, its ok?

thanx
    the overprotective BB lover
    04-14-08 09:37 PM
    I've always been told that it's not good to use a car charger either for the car or the phone or both. I'd say get a second battery but your too cheap for that...lol Ur best bet is to have a 2nd wall charger one at home and one for work.
    Last edited by chynnamann; 04-14-08 at 11:24 PM.
    04-14-08 10:12 PM
    really? what will happen to each one?
    04-14-08 10:55 PM
    Not sure... I've just been told that
    04-14-08 11:24 PM
    oh ok off topic but where did you get your avi?

i am die hard cowboys fan! i would love to have a link so i could resize that and use it as a wallpaper.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS???!!!!
    04-14-08 11:26 PM
    Can someone please elaborate on the effects of using a car charger? Never knew that using one was harmful.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-08 04:16 AM
    A car charger is ok. Just be sure to plug the phone into the charger AFTER you start the car, you can potentially get a voltage spike that will fry your phone (any phone on any charger) as you start the car.
    04-15-08 08:27 AM
    oh ok off topic but where did you get your avi?

i am die hard cowboys fan! i would love to have a link so i could resize that and use it as a wallpaper.

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS???!!!!
    Oh lol I just googled it and resized it a couple time for cb to accept it. That was the best looking one
    04-15-08 04:05 PM
    Yeah I'm a Die Hard as well... Been there since Danny White was the QB.
    04-15-08 04:06 PM
    Hey another die hard cowboys fan here ! I'm from Pittsburgh they don't like that very much here lol
    04-15-08 04:29 PM
    Nice! So Cowboys and Crackberry!!!
    04-15-08 06:14 PM
    Nice! So Cowboys and Crackberry!!!
    Yes indeed. I go all the way back to the days of Ed "Too Tall" Jones and the Doomsday Defense
    04-15-08 06:53 PM
    But back to the original subject, I have used the OEM charger and anything else with a mini usb to charge my first phone (Pearl) and my current (Curve) with absolutely no ill effect.
    04-15-08 06:56 PM
    Also don't charge from a car when the engine is off. Unless of course you WANT to drain your battery!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-08 02:17 AM
    There is a lot of terrible information in this thread.

Charging your phone in the car with the car's battery off is not going to kill your battery. The drain from charging a phone is tiny, you're not going to kill your car battery.

To the person who said "I just heard not to use a car charger", please don't pass along false information unless you have a source where you got it from and at least a reason why. That is why false information gets so widespread around the internet. Please be more careful what you post.
    01-02-09 10:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD