07-22-08 02:54 PM
70 123
tools
    that looks really nice, a true labor of love!

my hub would have the patience and a steady enough hand to do that, but I'n not sure about the time.

I tip my hat to you.
    07-22-08 09:21 AM
    I agree with everyone else. This is a really amazing and inventive project! I can see all sorts of possibilities for gorgeous and professional-looking customization.

I'd be interested in using an automotive faux leather for an even classier look. Did your vinyl have adhesive on the back already? If not, i wonder how one would go about deciding what to use?

Anyone else got any ideas?

EDIT - Ok so I take back some of those questions. After I did a little research I realized how/what materials this was done with. I'm thinking of taking a crack at it! Does this void your warranty?
    Last edited by josh_johnson11; 07-22-08 at 10:48 AM.
    07-22-08 09:58 AM
    ok, is it just me? i can't see anything. how do i see the work?
    i feel like such a noob......
    07-22-08 10:03 AM
    Betty, nice job.... really looks great! I love Purple!
    07-22-08 10:25 AM
    Wow! I posted before I even saw the front of the phone done. You did such a great job....total patience and steady hand! I'll bet the front was very difficult. It looks really great!
    07-22-08 10:30 AM
    will you post directions on how you did the front? it looks great!

The front is done the same as the back. When you go to cut out the keypad holes use a hobby knife and cut flush with the inside edge of the opening. To cut around the screen, trace the indention outline of the screen with your fingernail then use the hobby knife to cut in the indention.

wow !!! that looks great, my dream is still alive to have the phone covered in 100% authentic carbon fiber weave lol, any ideas ?

Not a clue about authentic carbon fiber but I'm sure they probably make a look a like in vinyl.

That turned out fantastic! Way to go on taking your time and doing it right! Almost wish you'd done a photo tutorial to show the steps you took. After seeing your results I'd give that a shot.

My only question is if you wrapped it around the edges of the key holes, does it make any of the keys stick?

I didn't wrap it around the edges of the key holes. Not only would it have been a difficult task but the key would have most definitely stuck. I don't think there's a need to wrap it around the key holes since those edges aren't really exposed enough to receive any wear.

I agree with everyone else. This is a really amazing and inventive project! I can see all sorts of possibilities for gorgeous and professional-looking customization.

I'd be interested in using an automotive faux leather for an even classier look. Did your vinyl have adhesive on the back already? If not, i wonder how one would go about deciding what to use?

Anyone else got any ideas?

EDIT - Ok so I take back some of those questions. After I did a little research I realized how/what materials this was done with. I'm thinking of taking a crack at it! Does this void your warranty?

The vinyl already has the adhesive on it. But be careful on what you choose. The thicker the vinyl, the harder it will be to work with and to smooth out the corners. I have a few little creases on my corners that i didn't spend enough time on but I can live with it.....I think.

Does it void your warranty? Yep, sure does! You must take the phone apart which instantly voids your warranty.
    07-22-08 11:24 AM
    That looks fantastic!

I know next to nothing about cars so wouldn't know where to look for this stuff in the UK but is this the right sort of thing? A4 vinyl sheet 210x300mm VINYL decal sticker logo on eBay, also, Other Cardmaking, Cardmaking Scrapbooking, Crafts (end time 25-Jul-08 07:48:19 BST)

Yes like that. But my advice would be to find an automotive detailing place and ask them if they have any or know of any place who does custom graphics. Those that do the custom graphics will have the vinyl. It's just a matter if they will sell it to you.
    07-22-08 11:29 AM
    nice work. it looks great in the pics.
    now you have a phone that matches the banana seat on your Schwinn Stingray.
    07-22-08 12:43 PM
    seriously
    that is BEAUTIFUL

im on the phone looking for vinyl as i type
    07-22-08 12:43 PM
    Good job , it turned out A1 amazing!

Wonder if I could do mine in silver???

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 12:54 PM
    That looks so awesome!! I love the background in your pic too! I'm gonna check into all this! Thanks for the great post!
    07-22-08 12:54 PM
    This looks amazing!!! Super job!!!!

I would still cut the mirror part out in the back, but that is just me...
    07-22-08 01:00 PM
    all i can say is oh my goodness
    07-22-08 01:10 PM
    all i can say is oh my goodness
    ya

its hottttttttnesss
    07-22-08 01:14 PM
    i have the pink housing coming on the way, and now she made me want to cover that in purple vinyl. i dont know guys, maybe i will keep the pink and paint or do something w my titanium housing, bc that came out TOO GOOD!!!
    07-22-08 01:29 PM
    Here's a pic taken outside. I'm having **** getting a good clear shot and having the color come out right.

07-22-08 02:03 PM
    ok i have no choice but to do this to my housing after the pink come, that just looks extra supercalifraligous pretty!!!
    07-22-08 02:09 PM
    Must Stop Staring!!!
    07-22-08 02:10 PM
    Here's a pic taken outside. I'm having **** getting a good clear shot and having the color come out right.

ugh

i love it!!!!!!!!
    07-22-08 02:52 PM
    Wow..... Now seeing the newest pic, the attention to detail is amazing! Look at the bottom of the phone!

Super job lady!!!!!!
    07-22-08 02:54 PM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD