07-28-12 06:02 PM
71 123
tools
    I got the one from Sprint. Case is sick! Even has carbon-fibre style fabric weave on the back. Plus, it looks like they designed the bottom to work with the charging pod (don't know that for sure yet).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 12:55 PM
    New case review

09-22-11 04:30 AM
    Yes absolutely.
    What is the cheapest that you can get the OEM BlackBerry 9900/9930 Hardshell for?
    09-24-11 11:35 AM
    Sena Cases Magnetic Flipper (love this case for my Tour 9630, it protects the whole front of the phone when not in use and activated the sleep function. Has Belt clip too.)
    Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Bold 9900 / 9930 Leather Cases Magnet Flipper for BlackBerry

CaseMate Barely there Brushed Aluminum looks nice, doesn't look like it will give much drop protection but it is thin enough that it looks like the Pod charger can stil be used as well as the holster.
    Case-Mate BlackBerry 9900 / 9930 Barely There Brushed Aluminum Cases (Case-Mate BB9900-ALUM), BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 Cases, Covers, Holsters, Skins, and Accessories for the Bold 9900

CaseMate Tough Case
    BlackBerry Bold 9900 / 9930 Tough hard shell case by Case-Mate

I like the Otterbox Commuter you mentioned but it doesn't offer a holster or belt clip option but has superior drop protection.

Seidio traditionally has quality gear but hasn't jumped in for the Bold 9930 yet.
    So the barely there case works with the OEM dock. But is the aluminum the same specs? Can someone confirm whether the brushed aluminum case works with the oem charging dock? Thanks.

What is the cheapest that you can get the OEM BlackBerry 9900/9930 Hardshell for?
    Try ebay, but you get what you pay for on there.
    10-02-11 11:29 PM
    Bump

"The Barely there case works with the OEM dock. But is the aluminum the same specs? Can someone confirm whether the brushed aluminum case works with the oem charging dock? Thanks."
    10-04-11 01:58 AM
    Does anyone know if the bb softshell case will work with a sticky car mount? the back of the case has to be silicone free in order for it to stick.

thanks!
    10-05-11 01:37 PM
    Does anyone know if the bb softshell case will work with a sticky car mount? the back of the case has to be silicone free in order for it to stick.

thanks!
    Softshells are silicone. You can try TPU cases, that may work.
    10-05-11 02:13 PM
    Anyone use the original black bold 9900 hard case? How did it hold up 'till now. scratches, etc...
    11-10-11 03:52 PM
    Have otterbox defender with a the guts from a powermat for an 8330 wired to the contacts for the pod.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-11 09:45 PM
    I've had the Incipio Predator for my 9900 for a few weeks now. Really like the feel of the case, and the overall form factor, but it's a pain to put on. Getting it off is no problem, but putting it on so that the silicone is properly seated around the phone AND relative to the hard frame is practically impossible. Likely wouldn't buy it again.

For my last Bold (9700), I had the leather pouch; I hadn't even considered it, but Crackberry had them two-for-one. Once I got it, though, I loved. Held the device really well, stuck out at the top just enough to see the LED, and the leather was like butter. Hoping the 9900 version is just as nice.
    donemt likes this.
    11-14-11 08:52 PM
    ive got an extra brushed aluminum casemate case for my 9900 i used for only a week, would sell for half price.

pm if interested.
    11-21-11 03:38 PM
    ive got an extra brushed aluminum casemate case for my 9900 i used for only a week, would sell for half price.

pm if interested.
    How much??
    12-07-11 03:53 AM
    I would really like to know if the Otterbox Commuter case fits in the holster that comes with the phone. Has anyone tried this yet?

If not, I guess I'll have to stick with the soft shell or OEM gel skin. Hope it fits in the holster!
    I have read multiple posts on CB about the 9930 with an otterbox fitting in the 9000 holster...not the 9930 holster or pouch.

For those interested I just placed an order for the casemate barely there brushed alumn with the 9000 pocket pouch! Actually I also ordered the otterbox commuter so I will try all of those options out and report back!

I did just receive the 9930 pocket pouch I ordered and WOW its awesome....I'm just prone to dropping my phone esp on the weekends with a few brews in me

Kenny
    12-07-11 10:04 AM
    I have read multiple posts on CB about the 9930 with an otterbox fitting in the 9000 holster...not the 9930 holster or pouch.

For those interested I just placed an order for the casemate barely there brushed alumn with the 9000 pocket pouch! Actually I also ordered the otterbox commuter so I will try all of those options out and report back!

I did just receive the 9930 pocket pouch I ordered and WOW its awesome....I'm just prone to dropping my phone esp on the weekends with a few brews in me

Kenny
    Does anyone have pictures of this?
    12-17-11 11:39 AM
    I just got the case-mate and the 9000 pouch and it does fit perfectly however like others have posted the magnet is in a different location and does not put the phone to sleep. The Otterbox commuter does NOT fit into the 9000 pouch. Overall the sleekness of the naked phone with the 9930 pocket pouch is the best looking. However. With a weekend party or drinking day I'm sure I'd use the casemate and and the 9000 pocket pouch!

Kenny
    12-19-11 09:43 AM
    01-30-12 07:54 PM
    Ultimate case show down...

02-10-12 03:42 PM
    I've got the Defender for my 9930, and let me tell you - it's the first time I've been disappointed in Otterbox.

The case has very thin rails on the sides of the phone near the middle with barely a lip to hold the silicone in place. If you don't inset the phone perfectly into the bottom of the holster before snapping it in, the 'arms' on the holster will pull the silicone right out of the channel.

The holster should definitely have been designed like the 9630/9650's drop-in design. I'm probably going to stop using it & get a OEM hard shell + 9000 holster (just my 2).
    I have to agree with you on that worst design for Otter box I've seen so far except for the Defender for my Playbook. The screen guard is awful and totally decreases the sensitivity of the screen.
    02-10-12 07:11 PM
    In case anyone is interested in a holster for their commuter case Seidio active case is the perfect fit. I bought the active case and holster. Which by the way is an awesome case combo. Just for the heck of it put the commuter case in there and it fit like it was designed for it.
    02-10-12 07:18 PM
    Case-Mate barely there in black no longer available?

http://www.case-mate.com/BlackBerry-...here-Cases.asp
    02-11-12 12:06 PM
    I am using the oem hard case. it is great fits like a glove. but doesn't fit in the supplied oem 9900 leather holster. Does anyone know for sure if the barley there case fit in the holster on the phone of course. thanks
    I've got the same issue. I tried like 4 different cases without any luck. Ironically, too big rather than too small. Using my old Vaja case for an old Palm device for the moment.
    07-28-12 06:02 PM
71 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD