hey guys,

got my oem softshell case (black) in today and feels + looks amazing. the only issue i have with the case is that the side/lock buttons are quite difficult to press... especially the lock button! to me, there is no physical indication whether the key is pressed or not. the only way is to keep pressing hard until you can visually see the screen lock/unlock itself.

i give this case a 7/10 overall
    09-07-11 02:42 AM
    post pics! im planning on getting the oem softshell case also...
    09-07-11 04:27 AM
    what i did with the lock button was used a knife and cut a slit on one of the long sides of the button... this gave the case more "flex" and now the lock pressing action is crisper...

as for the side, i left those alone... yeah they're a ***** to press..
    09-07-11 07:37 AM
    Anybody interested in a Brown OEM Softshell case PM me. I ordered a Black one on ebay and they sent a Brown one instead. Make me an offer!
    09-07-11 08:05 AM
    what i did with the lock button was used a knife and cut a slit on one of the long sides of the button... this gave the case more "flex" and now the lock pressing action is crisper...

as for the side, i left those alone... yeah they're a ***** to press..
    Ah, good to know, I thought I'd try to cut out the button thing on the case but your solution sounds like a better idea. Thanks
    09-07-11 01:29 PM
    any scratching problems like reported with the holster? is the case really tight on the phone i.e. do you really have to pull hard to get it up and out. I hated that with the Torch.
    Last edited by mhw100; 09-08-11 at 12:03 AM.
    09-07-11 11:56 PM
    Dropped my phone on concrete with this case on and I couldn't find a scratch anywhere. Its a pretty solid case minus the difficulty to press the lock keys etc...I got use to it but my frnds have trouble with it. Haha!
    09-08-11 12:11 AM
    any scratching problems like reported with the holster? is the case really tight on the phone i.e. do you really have to pull hard to get it up and out. I hated that with the Torch.
    no scratching here. the phone fits nice ang snug without being a nuisance to put in/take out.
    09-08-11 01:08 AM
    I've dropped mine in the case as well and it seriously took the blow without any probs.... not a mark on the case itself anywhere... very surprising...
    09-08-11 07:32 AM
    These case are good for protecting but dirt and grit magnets. They will actually cause your phone to get scratched by holding grit inside around the perimeter and scuff the phones finish.
    09-08-11 07:35 AM
    I have one of those soft-shell cases as well. I bought it because I wanted to increase the size and grippiness of the phone. I find it too thin and slippy to grip properly (I have very dry hands). This was to help me with locking it so I was obviously quite peeved to find that it makes locking the phone five times more difficult.

I've never been one for protecting my phones. As long as they still work I don't care what condition they're in. I hate how screen protectors ruin the beautiful feel of the polished glass.

I'll give slitting the button a go, that sounds like a workable solution. However having to take it out to charge it is a pain. I think I'll stick to using this case when clubbing only.

Overall not recommended.
    09-08-11 07:46 AM
    At first I loved this case but it gets loose after weeks of usage... If you grab the phone in any position it feels really bad, specially texting.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-25-11 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD