I'm looking at getting the Blackberry Pod Charger/Cradle for my Curve (8330)

Is a power supply that plugs into the wall required? Or can I just use the USB cable that is connected to my computer to power up the cradle?

I think I remembered reading before that the wall power source charges faster.
    08-06-08 09:41 AM
    I have actually not tried my charging pod with the USB cable!!

It only makes sense that a wall charger would charge your device quicker... the USB cable has a lower voltage!

Anyhow, I love the charging pod and think it is great!!

If RIM ever reads this : (and I highly doubt it!!) Please include a sensor in future devices so you can set up "in-cradle" profile settings as well!! It cannot be that hard to iclude a little sensor to trip when the pod contacts are in use!

This would be great and also allow for other funtionality, such as disabling an alarm or answering a call when removed from the charging pod!!
    08-06-08 09:44 AM
    When the phone is in the cradle, does the light on the front of the cradle stay on? If so, does it stay on the whole time?

Reason I ask is i'm looking to get one for my bedroom where I leave my phone charging at night. The pod would be on my bedstand and the less light the better.
    08-06-08 09:51 AM
    When the phone is in the cradle, does the light on the front of the cradle stay on? If so, does it stay on the whole time?

Reason I ask is i'm looking to get one for my bedroom where I leave my phone charging at night. The pod would be on my bedstand and the less light the better.
    The light stays on all the time, even when the phone is not in the pod.
    08-06-08 09:55 AM
    The light stays on all the time, even when the phone is not in the pod.
    Exactly!! And that is another thing I find extremely annoying, since it is on my nightstand as well

I got over it, because the overall design is solid and functional, but it is annoying. Once again, they should have a sensor to shut the light off once you place your Berry in the cradle... or something!
    08-06-08 09:57 AM
    Exactly!! And that is another thing I find extremely annoying, since it is on my nightstand as well

I got over it, because the overall design is solid and functional, but it is annoying. Once again, they should have a sensor to shut the light off once you place your Berry in the cradle... or something!
    lol do you ever sleep bro

Also the pod light will blink or flicker when data is being sent or received.
    08-06-08 10:06 AM
    Also the pod light will blink or flicker when data is being sent or received.
    It does on the one I have that is wal-wart powered, but not on the one that is USB powered.
    08-06-08 12:04 PM
    It does on the one I have that is wal-wart powered, but not on the one that is USB powered.

So the cradle works fine if its USB powered?
    08-06-08 01:20 PM
    Mine's USB powered off my laptop at work. It works fine. No flicker of the front light for me.

Light is always on.
    08-06-08 02:21 PM
    My LED does not flicker at all either!!

I wish the dang thing would turn off after a short time of having your BlackBerry docked though! It sucks when you have it in your room and it lights everything up at night!
    08-06-08 02:26 PM
    My LED does not flicker at all either!!

I wish the dang thing would turn off after a short time of having your BlackBerry docked though! It sucks when you have it in your room and it lights everything up at night!
    If it lights everything up, i'll just modify it. Either by removing the LED or placing some black electrical tape over it.
    08-06-08 02:34 PM
    It shouldn't be that hard to take the bottom off and remove the LED, or at least shield it.
    08-06-08 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD