Hey folks,

Recently picked up a blackberry leather belt holster for my beloved 8900. Just wanna know, in holster does your phone go into standby mode? I noticed even while pressing the mute button to do so, the phone doesn't seem to and it puts a real drain on my batt! Anyone know any solutions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 06:45 AM
    I noticed the same problem. Same (I assume) OEM holster, my BB doesn't go into standby when I insert it, and if I put it into standby manually before putting it in the holster, inserting it actually pulls my BB out of standby, defeating the purpose of having the holster in the first place. Is this a problem with the firmware on the BB? I know others have had a similar problem with the supplied pocket, I'd just assumed it was a problem with that, but if the same thing's happening with OEM holsters, maybe it's the hardware or software?
    04-25-09 09:29 AM
    Make sure that a feature on the holster is "Sleep Mode." If it says that, then it'll put your BB in Standby mode by itself.

04-25-09 09:48 AM
    I have that holster and it does go into sleep mode.
    04-25-09 10:00 AM
    Make sure that a feature on the holster is "Sleep Mode." If it says that, then it'll put your BB in Standby mode by itself.
    From the packaging: "A magnetic proximity sensor determines if your BlackBerry smartphone is in its case and shuts off the screen to conserve battery life, while giving you the option to choose unique notification setting for incoming calls and other functions."
    Except... it doesn't. It does the opposite. Putting it in the holster switches on the screen and seems to leave it that way.
    04-25-09 10:46 AM
    Well that's strange! That would be one of the reasons why I don't use OEM products!

04-25-09 11:03 AM
    i even went out and bought the belt clip holster...does the same problem...p.o.s
    04-25-09 11:22 AM
    I've never had any issues with Seidio products! Look them up. They're a little pricey but well worth the money!

04-25-09 11:42 AM
    haha im probably gonna grab an innocase 2 or 360 as well as a vaja sleeve
    04-25-09 11:43 AM
    You might want to hold off on the 360 until someone gives a good review on it! The Innocase II is a great protector for your expensive BB! You'll be glad you bought it!

04-25-09 02:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD