just got off the phone with RIM. the charging cradle I got fro the OEM shop via amazon is either a bogus iunit or too old to warranty. the number of the unit does not show up in their system anymore. so , they cannot help me get a refund or exchange. stay away from the OEM shop, they are crooked!!
    06-27-11 08:58 AM
    A lot of accessories on amazon and ebay are branded as oem, but are in fact, knockoffs. Spend the few extra bucks and do it the right way!
    07-21-11 06:59 PM
    hi how are you?
    I am fine, just chargerless at the moment!
    07-26-11 05:43 AM
    A lot of accessories on amazon and ebay are branded as oem, but are in fact, knockoffs. Spend the few extra bucks and do it the right way!
    now I know! should have went to crackberry store . was just trying to save some money, why not.
    07-26-11 05:44 AM
    I remember when i ordered my dock i made sure that it said "Fulfilled by Amazon" because i had a problem before with shady customer and Amazon refunded my money.
    07-26-11 06:53 PM
    this had nothing to do with amazon, unfortunately . it was the OEM store. the unit is almost impossible to tell from the real thing except for one digit in the part number. this one does not show up in RIMS inventory, so it is a knockoff.vthe OEM store -no refund, no warranty, well , the return window eneded before I received it anyway, so a return was futile 5 days!! I forgot to read the return policy before I hit "buy". beware of a place called "The OEM store! theives!
    07-26-11 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD