Hi, I am currently using an OEM Holster case. When I receive new messages and remove my Storm from the holster it automatically opens the last received message....

Anyone know how to stop this?

Sorry if this has already been posted.
    07-30-09 02:35 AM
    Can u clarify a bit more of what's going on?

Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-30-09 02:40 AM
    So I put my phone into the holster. I Receive a message. Then I take my phone out of the holster and it automatically opens up the message. I keep reading pins I don't wanna read
    07-30-09 02:45 AM
    Do u use 3rd party app w/this option?
    07-30-09 03:55 AM
    I experience this too. I don't think it's a glitch, but rather a "feature" that can't be disabled. I've read that the latest leaked 5.0 OS (5.0.0.140) adds an option to enable/disable reading of new messages upon removing from the holster.

As of right now, it seems that if you remove your phone from the holster within seconds of you receiving the notification, it'll automatically open that notification up, whether it be MySpace, Facebook, email, SMS, or MMS. I can't vouch for PIN messages or AIM, since I don't currently use those, but I assume the same thing will happen anyway.
    07-30-09 04:29 AM
    I don't know how to remove this feature but it is a Blackberry thing. This has happened with Blackberrys in the past. I for one think this is convenient.

Oh yea, if you don't want to auto open the message just wait five seconds or so before taking out of the holster.
    07-30-09 04:40 AM
    there is an option in 5.0 to diable this feature.

no other os has that option

wait 15-30 after message before un-holstering

search next time it has been discussed multiple time
    07-30-09 07:27 AM
    Ok ty guys for your help.
    07-30-09 11:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD