Just received my OEM Hardshell case in Black today after reading so many good reviews about it and it also looked really nice online.

Needless to say, I'm actually really disappointed in the quality and feel of the case.
    For a retail value of $20+, I'm glad I only got it for $12 on Amazon with free shipping.
    The back plastic is very flimsy and and just doesn't feel like how I imagined OEM Blackberry quality would feel like.

Gonna try it for a couple days to see if I like it better after getting used to the feel.

I've been using a TPU case for the couple of months that I've had my 9900 and really enjoyed that case both for value, protection, look, and feel. I will most likely be going back to TPU.

Link to TPU case I've been using Here
    01-24-12 12:06 AM
    Are you sure you didnt get the replica? I have been using the OEM hardshell case and loved it very much. The case passed a few of my accidental drop "test". It protects the phone very well and the case did not crack at all.

It does not feel flimsy in any way at all. The rubber/elastic sides also holds very well in time. In all, I am very pleased with the quality. A lot of member in this forum also liked it.

If you dont mind with bulkiness, I recommend otterbox.
    01-24-12 12:45 AM
    Just received my OEM Hardshell case in Black today after reading so many good reviews about it and it also looked really nice online.

Needless to say, I'm actually really disappointed in the quality and feel of the case.
    For a retail value of $20+, I'm glad I only got it for $12 on Amazon with free shipping.
    The back plastic is very flimsy and and just doesn't feel like how I imagined OEM Blackberry quality would feel like.

Gonna try it for a couple days to see if I like it better after getting used to the feel.

I've been using a TPU case for the couple of months that I've had my 9900 and really enjoyed that case both for value, protection, look, and feel. I will most likely be going back to TPU.

Link to TPU case I've been using Here
    I think you been cheated! I haven't read any commenys saying they didn't like OEM Hardshell Case so maybe worth to try it from a site which is already tested by some of users here?
    01-24-12 04:14 AM
    Best case I've ever used, period.
    01-24-12 06:39 AM
    I have the white OEM hard shell and the plastic on the back actually feel somewhat robust to me (as robust as a thin piece of plastic can feel). Are you sure received the OEM hard shell? Now the softshell case is a different story - hated it.
    01-24-12 06:44 AM
    Although I like the OEM hard shell case I couldn't get past the fact that there was space left wide open between the camera and flash part as I could see myself scratching one or both of the lenses not to mention the back part of it so I ended up buying the Case-Mate POP! in white/grey and love this thing to death. It is actually even thicker than the OEM case and puts a little heft into the weight of carrying around the phone but there is no way I'd ever go to another case now. Also, no big space between the flash/camera slots. Also has gripped sides which I like.

http://shop.crackberry.com/case-mate...medium=content
    01-24-12 06:59 AM
    the oem case is the bomb. i remember when i watched, for weeks, waiting for the white one to give a definite release date. after the date kept getting pushed back, i just ordered the black one. then when the white one was finally available i ordered one. i love both of them. i did however play around with my white one a little too much (pointer pressing cam part and popping phone out of case), so now its got a loose fit. but i'll be honest, as much as i love a fresh piece of technology (my macbook and ipod are in cases since i took them out of box), i recently retired both of my hardshells. i wind up having a phone for two years with no scratchs, and ive never dropped a phone, but i really love this 9930 without any case on it.
    01-24-12 10:12 AM
    the oem case is the bomb. i remember when i watched, for weeks, waiting for the white one to give a definite release date. after the date kept getting pushed back, i just ordered the black one. then when the white one was finally available i ordered one. i love both of them. i did however play around with my white one a little too much (pointer pressing cam part and popping phone out of case), so now its got a loose fit. but i'll be honest, as much as i love a fresh piece of technology (my macbook and ipod are in cases since i took them out of box), i recently retired both of my hardshells. i wind up having a phone for two years with no scratchs, and ive never dropped a phone, but i really love this 9930 without any case on it.
    Hi Kaznaaa, since you got the white one. I always wonder if the rubber part on white one turns yellowish or not.

I have the black one and loved it to death. Been thinking of getting the white one for a change.
    01-24-12 10:57 AM
    Hmm.. I'm pretty sure its authentic the packaging and everything definitely looked legit.
    I think I'm just too use to my TPU case.
    Another minor thing is that the side bumpers sometimes catch my finger and lift away from the phone too easily.
    What's your guys' opinion on something like this vs. TPU?
    01-24-12 11:06 AM
    Hi Kaznaaa, since you got the white one. I always wonder if the rubber part on white one turns yellowish or not.

I have the black one and loved it to death. Been thinking of getting the white one for a change.
    I got my wife the white case. It doesn't turn yellow. The rubber part gets grayish. Dark gray as it gets dirty and old.
    01-24-12 01:14 PM
    I have both the white and black OEM Hardshell case and I love it. Has a great feel to it, not bulky at all and can easily take it in and out of your pocket. I got so use to using this, its weird to type on the BB without the hardshell case on now.
    01-24-12 01:51 PM
    I personally like the BB hardshell. Keeps the device slim while protecting it. Feels great in the hand imo. I've used case mates and incipios and both didn't do the trick for me. I loved the look and feel of the incipio, but it broke by the ports and volume keys (where the case material is thin) through everyday use after only a couple of months.

I also use the vaja case when I want to feel more 'luxurious'
    01-24-12 02:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD