Hi All,

For those of you with the OEM desktop pod charger, can you insert the mini usb cable all the way in? I just received my 2 pod chargers in the mail and find that I can only plug my mini usb cable (connected to my computer) about halfway for the 'contact' to happen and the light goes on. I tried pushing just a little bit further in but the light went off. I'm scared to push the cable all the way in now for fear of damaging the connector in the pod. I'm using just a generic mini usb cable and not the OEM wall charger at the moment but I would assume the mini usb ends would be the same? I took them down to my car and plugged them into my car charger and same thing - can only make contact halfway. Do these units have bad usb connectors then? I'll test with my actual OEM wall charger when I get home but if anyone has had a similar experience I'd love to hear it!

The pod charger does look super slick on my desktop with the light though...hehe.
    04-27-09 02:36 PM
    To my knowledge, micro USB cables tend to have quite a snug fit to whatever they are being plugged into. Double check there is nothing blocking the port (sounds dumb but i have done it many a time).
    When you push it in does it suddenly stop or just get a bit tougher to push in?
    If it just feels a little tougher I would just apply a little more pressure, not forcing it in but giving a bit more of a push and hopefully it should just pop in :-)
    Let us know how it goes.
    04-27-09 03:09 PM
    Mine just happens to kinda click in. Yes, it actually makes a clicky noise.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 03:25 PM
    How can it be a "bad" connector. You even said yourself it works fine. Stop worrying over nothing. Geez.

Last edited by BlackPooL; 04-27-09 at 03:44 PM.
    04-27-09 03:40 PM
    How can it be a "bad" connector. You even said yourself it works fine. Stop worrying over nothing. Geez.

Well I dont know about you but I sure as he*l dont have cash to throw around buying stuff when it breaks because I wasn't 100% sure if what I was doing was right.
    Give the guy a break.
    04-27-09 03:50 PM

READ. I said it works if the plug is inserted ONLY HALFWAY. If I push further in a bit past this I lose 'contact' and the light goes off. Also, because I can only insert it halfway for the contact to happen, it means the plug is quite loose with a lot of play and can easily loose contact again if moved slightly. Would you feel confident in a product like this? Thanks again for your useless post though. ****.
    04-27-09 04:03 PM
    To my knowledge, micro USB cables tend to have quite a snug fit to whatever they are being plugged into. Double check there is nothing blocking the port (sounds dumb but i have done it many a time).
    If it just feels a little tougher I would just apply a little more pressure, not forcing it in but giving a bit more of a push and hopefully it should just pop in :-)
    Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks Matty I'll try it with the OEM charger when I get home. Have you used it with a regular mini usb cable though?
    04-27-09 04:07 PM
    Let us know how it goes.
    Thanks Matty I'll try it with the OEM charger when I get home. Have you used it with a regular mini usb cable though?
    04-27-09 04:19 PM
    So I plugged in the OEM wall charger into the pod and whatta ya know...I get a nice, snug fit and with the satisfying 'click' sound pushed all the way! I also had a brand new mini usb cable kickin' around so I tried that and same results! Woohoo no jingling loose cable! I guess my car charger and cable at work aren't as 'square' then causing a poor fit. Funny, cuz you can hardly tell just by looking at the end.

Thanks all for the advice!
    04-27-09 11:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD