My OEM bold case has started cracking after less than 3 months of usage. Is this normal, or is mine just a POS?

03-31-09 08:34 PM
    I've had my Baby since late Sept 08...i just realized the cracking today ironically.... but yea mines cracking too....longer than 3 months but alas...
    03-31-09 09:41 PM
    Mines is cracking on the flap. No big deal to me though.
    03-31-09 09:43 PM
    ooh cool case

this is the case that came with mine :

its still sexy
    03-31-09 10:09 PM
    ooh cool case

this is the case that came with mine :

its still sexy
    i had that case but i found it hard to remove the phone from it and i had to press down hard on the lcd

how are u finding it though
    03-31-09 10:27 PM
    yeh it is a little bit disturbin , but its ok when the phone rings i push it up from the buttom of the case then pull it out
    03-31-09 10:49 PM
    ..Yeah it suppose to crack after wear and tear...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-01-09 07:55 PM
    what a POS.

things shouldn`t crack after 3 months, unless you`re used to ****ty build quality.

the crack didn`t propagate, but it`s a pissoff
    04-16-09 10:02 PM
    I just noticed today that mine is now cracking on the flap, just above the magnetic part. It is cracked about 1/8-inch on each side. I'm a little upset by this. I've also only had my Bold for around 4 months or so. I wonder if saddle soap would've softened the leather and made it less likely to crack.
    05-28-09 11:18 AM
    Every magnetic closing blackberry OEM case I have ever had....and that is a lot of them....have always cracked where the flap bends and anywhere else there may be consistent flex such as when you sit down if it bends in a certain area.

They are well made cases, but you can't expect a perfect case with a perfect phone can you? When you buy a new computer or car or whatever you usually have to replace or opt for upgrades you want even if you buy the best.....just with BB's you are lucky enough to have numerous companies that you can choose from to create your upgrade for you!
    05-28-09 01:51 PM
    +1. Had mine for 4 months and its cracking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 02:00 PM
    I just noticed today that mine is now cracking on the flap, just above the magnetic part. It is cracked about 1/8-inch on each side. I'm a little upset by this. I've also only had my Bold for around 4 months or so. I wonder if saddle soap would've softened the leather and made it less likely to crack.
    Funny, I just noticed it this morning as well. 4 months, too!

I'm still not sure if it's really cheap leather or vinyl. I used some Coach leather conditioner on it and it didn't really seem to soak in. Just made things greasy
    05-28-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD