i just got a Blackberry leather pouch from Amazon and the description says it has the magnetic proximity sensor. However, my bold 9780 on os6 is not locking upon holstering or unlocking upon unholster. It worked when i had my torch but a different pouch bought directly from Blackberry. is it possible i have a counterfeit pouch? i have the option selected in settings "lock upon holstering" and have also searched but have not found a definitive answer regarding os6/bold 9780.

i cant post links but its the "BlackBerry Leather Pocket for RIM BB 9800 Torch"
    is it torch specific? blackberry has the same pouch compatible with a few different devices online. any helps appreciated before i try buying directly from BB online store.
    05-09-11 02:37 AM
    Magnet for the 9800 case is in the center mid-section, as is the 9800 device locking feature. For the 9700, 9780 and 96XX devices, the locking function is near the bottom of both series devices, so that holster will not effectively lock the 96XX and 97XX series.
    mlg321 likes this.
    05-09-11 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD