What's a good non-bulky protecting cover for the Blackberry Flip?

The smallness of the 8220 was one of the main reasons I bought it, so I'd like to keep it thin but still protect it.

08-16-09 04:46 PM
    Get a clear skin for it. At least cover the scratch-prone outer screen. I used clear 3" wide box tape on the outer screen until the skin arrived.

Best Skins Ever
    ZAGG Invisible Shield
    08-17-09 04:41 PM
    I've been looking for a cover for my flip as well. I have an "official" blackberry one (it has a BB logo on the catch), but it doesn't give the phone enough protection (I'm kinda clumsy and bump into stuff, so I like a case that has some padding) and while the case swivels, the clip is too long and sticks in my ribs.
    This one Product View was OK but I kept hooking it on things and snapped off the clip. This one Product View is similar to the other Nite-ize one, but it keeps managing to unclip itself from my belt loop so I don't trust it. I've got another "sideways" case in leather that i"m using at the moment it is OK, but again I like a little more padding than this provides. This one i got from a Cell phone accessories pushcart in the local mall, here's a picture of it, Contemporary Sideways Leather Case (#24) - Motorola Hint QA30 Cases & Holsters
    Last edited by Tiassa; 08-18-09 at 04:22 PM.
    08-18-09 04:12 PM
    I'm using the Gizmobie product - it offers a slightly thickened skin for front and back, though I had to trim it back a 1/2" to fit in my desktop charger.

It gives some increased protection, better grip and it tends to prevent the device from sliding away on tables and the like when knocked (if that was ever to happen....)

Bizarrely, their website (Gizmobies are Pocketable iPod, iPhone, and Blackberry Protection with Style) makes no reference to the Flip, but the product does exist.
    08-19-09 08:53 AM
    My vote goes with Zagg. I have been using their protective products for years. They also have good customer service and a life time garuntee.
    08-19-09 12:05 PM
    If you don't mind a hard case I got a clear one off ebay for like $3.95 from a seller named Eforcity. Its actually quite nice and it protects well. But I would advise getting some screen protectors.
    Last edited by saichick04; 08-19-09 at 06:13 PM. Reason: typos as usual
    08-19-09 06:09 PM
    Check VZW's website. They've got a silicon case that will fit ur 8220 and a clear clip on case.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 12:41 AM
    Keeping the thinness was also a priority for me. I got some screen protectors from eForcity on eBay (not the greatest if you're really into the crystal clear thing, but at 1 cent + shipping, great buy). I also got a sticker thing for $8 from decalgirl.com. For a little more, you can even design your own if you like. It doesn't protect the sides, so if you're worried about that, the Zagg invisibleSHIELD might be what you want. I didn't go this route because it's more expensive ($25) and I wanted something cute.
    08-21-09 04:18 PM
    I have the rubber protector and its a little grippy, but it keeps the inside screen from scratching and is pretty nice. I got it from crackberry and was about 2.50.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-21-09 04:27 PM