I'm a FF/Flight Paramedic so I live at various locations most of the time i.e. firehouse, helicopter base and my home, so to prevent the "left my phone charger somewhere" I usually buy an extra charger for my two other "homes." Well I purchased one off the "bay" and used it the other night and boy was it a bad experience! The phone was showing "low" when I plugged it in. The phone showed that it was charging, but I couldn't use any function of the phone anytime it was plugged in, the phone wouldn't function correctly until after a battery pull. The screen was acting strange, couldn't "click" on anything. Couldn't answer the phone or answer text messages. Finally had to actually pull the battery to get it to reset. QuickPull wouldn't function either. Finally went to bed, let the phone charge on this POS charger and then pulled the battery in the am. What a nightmare it was. Today I broke down and bought two correct chargers. Just thought this information may help someone with a future headache. Any comments?
    Jeff
    02-24-09 03:50 PM
    I had the same issue with one I bought off Ebay and the replacement one they sent me off ebay. Both said they would work with the STORM as they are plug compatible but niether worked right. The longer you had them plugged in the worse the screen got in resonding to screen touches or keyboard typing. Mine said it was really for a VX9100.

I stopped using it and use the USB data cable on the computer and use the original wall charger next to my bed. The same vender also sold me a car charger which works fine.
    02-24-09 04:04 PM
    Always buy oem. Always.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 04:05 PM
    Similar thing happend to me, except i accidentally plugged my storm into my bluetooth headset charger (both micro usb). Woke up the next morning and the thing was bricked! Had to go to verizon and get a brand new one...
    02-24-09 06:32 PM
    Yea I had the same thing happen to me I was out of town and I bought an off the rack car charger as well as a adapter to plug the car charger into the wall socket and everytime I charged it the phone would freeze not letting me do any type of touchscreen activity or not letting me press any of the buttons I ended up having to turn the phone off to charge it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-09 09:51 PM
    There are alot of posts about this same thing :P I think I've answered at least 20 of them... lol. Cheap ebay chargers could be 3-4 bucks, but oem's are only 10 if you know where to buy them. not much difference for a safe charger!
    02-24-09 10:00 PM
    What about if the OEM wall charger is pulling the same behavior? About 2 weeks ago, my wall charger started doing this (this is the same charger that came in the box with the phone). Any time I plug my Storm into it, it freezes up my phone and doesn't even charge it.
    The only way I can charge my phone now is via the USB cable.
    Pretty annoying...
    04-17-09 12:25 AM
    My OEM charger has not worked for a week. My phone just won't charge. I know its the charger because my phone charges from my computer and my cur charger. The Verizon rep also tried it on his phone and didn't work. My phone screen is flickering now and a new phone is on its way. I don't think its the regular OEM charger that's causing the problem.
    04-17-09 02:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD