I've looked around but can't find an OEM BB charger that has European prongs and thus doesn't require an adapter. That would mean one less piece of something to keep track of. Anyone seen these or know of a source for them?
    12-22-09 08:01 AM
    International Charger. Put on whichever adapter you need and forget about it!

Which European country are you going to? There is a couple different plug types in Europe.
    12-22-09 02:49 PM
    Which European country are you going to? There is a couple different plug types in Europe.
    Italy. I'm sure I can find an OEM BB charger over there, but it's a hassle unless there happens to be an easily accessible Vodafone store nearby. I already have an adapter, but that's one more thing to keep track of and lose. What I want is the European version of the folding blade charger supplied in the US.
    12-22-09 03:03 PM
    What I want is the European version of the folding blade charger supplied in the US.
    I'm not sure but I think the folding blade charger is only for US. The rest of the world uses the charger with removable blades.
    12-22-09 03:13 PM
    I'm not sure but I think the folding blade charger is only for US. The rest of the world uses the charger with removable blades.
    No kidding? So the charger in the 8310 EU box is the US charger with a European adapter? That just seems odd given that most of the phones there will never be in the US.
    12-22-09 05:05 PM
    If it is the same plug as UK, do a search on Google for Blackberry UK charger Curve 8310.
    12-22-09 05:12 PM
    No kidding? So the charger in the 8310 EU box is the US charger with a European adapter? That just seems odd given that most of the phones there will never be in the US.
    Not a US charger with a European adapter but one of the travel chargers with the snap on adapters. Like the link I posted earlier.
    I'm not completely sure, but I've never seen a OEM charger without the removable prongs for anywhere except the US.
    12-22-09 06:05 PM
    Not a US charger with a European adapter but one of the travel chargers with the snap on adapters. Like the link I posted earlier.
    I'm not completely sure, but I've never seen a OEM charger without the removable prongs for anywhere except the US.
    I found myself looking at BBs on the Italia ebay site and it does appear that they don't have a dedicated Euro adapter but rather use what looks like the one on Amazon your pointed me toward. Maybe BB doesn't sell enough units to justify a Euro-only charger, so they include what appears to be the travel version with new phones.
    12-22-09 06:13 PM
    RIM sells plenty of BBs in UK. Is the Italy plug different from UK?
    12-22-09 08:01 PM
    RIM sells plenty of BBs in UK. Is the Italy plug different from UK?
    Yup the plugs are different.
    12-22-09 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD