Nokia and Sony insist on selling their products with non-standard plugs, which is idiotic. Thus you cannot use the new Nokia or Sony headphones/microphones with your Blackberry Curve even though both use a 3.5mm jack. Is there an adapter that allows you to use them together? There is one for the Nokia but it only allows you to use a Nokia headset as a listening device but doesn't include the third pin to use the microphone! How silly... I heard rumors there is one but can't find any.
    08-02-08 11:32 AM
    You do not say which BlackBerry you are referring to. If it is the Curve (83xx series) then this model has a standard 3.5mm jack and you can plug a regular set of headphones into it.

If you refer to either the 81xx series Pearl or the 88xx serie, these types have a totally non-standard 2.5mm jack that requires a special adapter (www.seidioonline.com) and you have to plug the phones into the adapter before you plug the adapter into the phone - nice .

As to Nokia and Sony Ericsson, I cannot say. My last experience with a SE phone required a very special adapter indeed before I got any sound at all.
    08-02-08 11:40 AM
    Thanks Pete - the Nokia 3 plug adapter includes a 2 plug to use the headphones as stereo headphones. I just wish there was an adapter (or hope there is one) that converts the 3 plug nokia to a 3 plug standard (or blackberrry curve which i think is standard.)
    08-03-08 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD