i have 2 home chargers plugged into wall one foe my wifes bb and one for mine. i noticed a very high pitched noise coming from wall and narrowed it down to the charger.(it stops when unplugged)..HELP!!!! what can cause this and do i need to worry that i will screw up bb. i know it sounds weird but its true. thanks cb world!!!
    04-12-10 05:41 AM
    Been using berries almost 5 years, never heard a wall charger make any noise at all. Is it getting warm/hot at all? Does it do it on all receptacles or just one?
    04-12-10 06:04 AM
    isnt getting hot at all. it is def the charger when i pull it the noise stops. can it poss be interference due to the fact i have 2 plugged into same outlet?? i know it sounds crazy but this is really happening. thanks for your help
    04-12-10 06:15 AM
    I've plugged in two to the same outlet plenty of times, with no sound. Long shot here, but is it a GFI outlet?
    04-12-10 08:02 AM
    yes it is a gfi outlet. hope someone can help me here i dont want to damage my bb with this if i need a new one i will have to bring it back to verizon because both of my bb's are only a couple months old
    04-12-10 09:12 AM
    Its the design of the charger. New charger designs in the more recent years use whats called a "switching regulator", as opposed to older designs which did not. Switching regulators are more efficient than older designs and take a high voltage and sample it down to lower voltages (basically). A good switching regulator design switches at frequencies that cannot be heard, but you could have a unit that produces harmonics(extra frequncies that are mathematically related to the main frequency) that are audible(because a component to filter out noise is bad in the charger or was never designed in). My cell phone car charger makes noise which I can hear on my AM band on many channels when its charging and while simultaneously parked under flourescent lighting, I don't think its a great design. But you should take yours back to where you bought it from and get another, it might solve your problem. Its when both charger are plugged in the same outlet? They must be causing interference with each other, and causing one of them to bleed into audible frequencies. For example, I cannot plug an AM radio into the same outlet as my Ridgid power tools charger, it will put so much noise into the radio, that you can't hear the radio broadcasts. A good design has sufficient filtering and shielding to prevent this, but obviously the Ridgid doesn't.
    Since its a GFI outlet, try both chargers in a non-GFI outlet, see if the problem clears. Your chargers are warrantied.
    Last edited by ot_1; 04-12-10 at 10:52 PM.
    04-12-10 09:15 AM
    thank you very much. the noise isnt terrible i was just worried about damage it sounds as if that isnt going to be an issue. so i can live with it you have put ear close to hear it anyway. again thank you
    04-12-10 09:26 AM
    My old nokia's wall charger makes a noise too, I wouldn't say it's a very high pitched noise but it somewhat is... used to annoy me at first because I always plug it in near my bed next to my head but I don't even notice it now.

I started noticing that noise like 2 years ago and everything's fine with that phone, it doesn't get warm or anything (it's a nokia 3205 in case you're wondering).
    04-12-10 11:09 AM
    again thanks for info guys....as long as my berry's are safe im happy.
    04-12-10 11:58 AM
    It's probably the electricity conducting on the charger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-10 02:08 PM
    Its the design of the charger. New charger designs in the more recent years use whats called a "switching regulator", as opposed to older designs which did not. Switching regulators are more efficient than older designs and take a high voltage and sample it down to lower voltages (basically). A good switching regulator design switches at frequencies that cannot be heard, but you could have a unit that produces harmonics(extra frequncies that are mathematically related to the main frequency) that are audible(because a component to filter out noise is bad in the charger or was never designed in). My cell ph. car charger makes noise which I can hear on my AM band on some channels when its charging and when I am parked under flourescent lighting. I don't think its a great design, but you should take your back to where you bought it from and get another, it might solve your problem. Its when both charger are plugged in the same outlet? They must be causing interference with each other, and causing one of them to bleed into audible frequencies. For example, I cannot plug an AM radio into the same outlet as my Ridgid power tools charger, it will put so much noise into the radio, that you can't hear the radio broadcasts. A good design has sufficient filtering and shielding to prevent this, but obviously it doesn't.
    Since its a GFI outlet, try both chargers in a non-GFI outlet, see if the problem clears. Your chargers are warrantied.
    This is an excellent post. I would like to add that you should definitely replace the charger. The switching regulator is definitely out of spec if it is producing sound. It could take a year, or a week, or even never-but you are describing a condition that could lead to failure, and the destruction of your blackberry. Just take it to your providers store and make them take care of it-they will.
    04-12-10 02:31 PM
    once again the info i needed is here thanks to the crackberry world...
    04-13-10 05:47 AM
    Mine makes the same noise. Once I plug the BB in, however, the noise stops.
    04-13-10 09:03 AM
    I've never heard of a noisy charger, haha!
    06-29-10 01:08 PM
    That's the same thing was with me too before when I was using old Nokia phone.When I plugged it in,it was making noise not terrible but some weird and that's the reason I had to change my cell phone.
    06-30-10 01:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD