Hi All,

I've just taken delivery of a new Torch 9800 (sim free version). I've been a user of a Bold and 9700. This is a Christmas present for myself and my wife. Anyway, figured I'd have a sneeky play before I wrap both of them up and I noticed that when I put it into my existing 9700 case, the phone doesn't go into standby. Any ideas? Does it have to be a special 9800 case (more powerful magnet) ? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

I should point out that I didn't plug my sim into the phone so I don't know if that might have made a difference.

Many thanks for any help.

Regards

PS: I'm planning on getting a 9800 case but I'm waiting for the Christmas sales to start (day after Christmas day in England).
    12-22-10 06:35 PM
    Place it in the holster with the screen facing outwards and it will work. If thats not an option for you then you need to get the case specifically for the 9800.
    12-22-10 07:10 PM
    Magnets are in different locations. I use the 9700 holster for my torch also. Will get the right holster for it after the holidays.
    12-22-10 07:29 PM
    i just ordered it on amazon for 10 bucks! OEM
    12-22-10 07:41 PM
    As already noted, the magnet location is different. However, the 8300 series holster does work - the magnet is in the same position. Bear this in mind, if you decide to armour-up your new 9800 with a case. Most cased 9800's fit in the 8300 holster.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-22-10 08:41 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my storm leather case. I've tried holstering it different ways but neither one will place the phone in stand by mode. Is amazon my best choice or are there other locations that sell OEM cases?

12-26-10 08:38 PM
    I'm having the same issue with my storm leather case. I've tried holstering it different ways but neither one will place the phone in stand by mode. Is amazon my best choice or are there other locations that sell OEM cases?

Personally I've always bought cases from Amazon, and never had issues, I try and stay away from third-party sellers on Amazon, unless they're fulfilled by Amazon (and eligible for Amazon Prime) and even with shipping, your still likely to save a bundle over a retail store.
    12-26-10 08:40 PM
    You can pick up the Torch OEM holster or pocket case in the Crackberry Store. Just go to Accessories under categories. I've picked up a number of items there. Priciing is average, but quick delivery.

12-26-10 08:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD