I give up. I tried the Commuter case and had to send it back because my screen would not click with it on.

Fast forward to today....got the Defender case on sale at VZW online...came in today and I installed it. Worked for a few minutes then the Defender screen would stick to my Storm screen rendering it useless.

How can so many love these things yet both have failed for me??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 03:58 PM
    I us the OB defender on my 8350I and also have used them on both Storm1 and Storm2. Only issue I have seen was the bubble effect. This did not cause and issue with function. Storms2 and defender had minor issue with bottom keys. Updated to leaked OS and all was fine.
    01-15-10 04:21 PM
    I have the Commuter case and it's AWESOME...I LOVE it. Had if for about three months now I guess? I'm a little confused about your screen click issue...the Commuter case itself doesn't cover the screen at all, so it makes no sense that your screen wouldn't click unless you didn't get the screen protector lined up right when you installed it? Or perhaps your phone has a hardware problem that is allowing a small amount of pressure from the case to cause the screen to stick?

I seriously don't know other than I don't have any screen click problems, and never have...
    01-15-10 04:23 PM
    I had a defender in my 9530 and loved it. I don't see how it could make your phone useless. I would say it might be the phone. Either that or you just need to give it more time and try to figure out the problem.
    The first cases did have an issue but that was probably a year ago and they fixed the problem. The screen protector should be ONLY attatched at the top and bottom of the case. If its attatched on all four sides you managed to get an older version and need to contact otterbox. They replaced my old version with a new version free of charge no questions.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-10 04:32 PM
    Try holding the top of the case (the part with the screen protector) a few inches over a bottle of baby powder/gold bond and give the bottle a quick small squeeze so that just a little puff of powder comes out and hits the underside of your screen protector. After that, it wont stick to the Storm screen any more.
    01-15-10 05:44 PM
    I am done trying to get Otterbox stuff to work. Tried both the Commuter and the Defender and both caused my screen to stop working. Dont know why.

I think they were too tight on the battery cover causing the problem. If I push in on the battery cover hard enough the screen won't click anymore.

Also the Defender was pulling A LOT of dust in under the screen protector part. In two hours it had gotten so bad I could hardly see my screen!
    01-21-10 11:55 AM
    Moving to Accessories Forum
    01-21-10 01:36 PM
    Wow, I thought the otterbox was the best case out there. Hadn't heard of any problems.
    01-21-10 01:56 PM
    I currently have the Otterbox Impact case and haven't seen any issues with the keys either.
    01-23-10 12:57 AM
    I have never had issues with Otterbox. Their customer service has always been very quick and very responsive.
    01-24-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD