eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

I apologize in advance - I don't have a camera so can't post pictures of the case on the phone. Sorry...

$5 and free shipping? It ships from China, but I got it within 10 days of buying the item...

I'm recommending this case for anyone who wants a bit of protection. Definitely not on the level of an Otterbox Defender, however this will give protection to the back of the phone and prevent any pesky scratches.

I normally take my 9930 with me naked (I don't use a case nor even a screen protector), however I do drop it into the stock holster it came with. I ordered this case a day before I actually received my Bold in the mail. When I got my Bold, I just carried it naked and thought it was too beautiful to cover up. However, now that I have this case, I figured I'd use it at least once.

This carbon fiber case has a very similar feel as the carbon fiber "skin" for the Playbook.

What I like:

- nice feel, it's not just a cheap looking paint job that "looks" like carbon fiber. You can actually feel the weave of what one would actually believe is real carbon fiber.
    - Fits snugly
    - plenty of space open to still show off the brush-stainless steel trim
    - camera, flash, speakerphone, etc, have their own openings and easily accessible
    - soft rubber padding on the inside (it's not just bare-metal that is contacting your precious BB)

- only $5 total... you can't beat that.

What I don't like:

- doesn't fit in OEM 9900/9930 holster (then again, that's every case)...

Really, there isn't anything I don't like about this case. It's got a snug fit, but easy to pop on and off when I want to just rock out with the holster. I should also mention that the soft rubberized material on the inside of the case is a nice luxury that I didn't expect to find on a case so cheap. I've seen/used snap-on cases that were $20-$30 and it was bare metal on the inside. And after using the case and taking the case on/off, after a while my phones would get scuffed and scratched. Not the case with this case. Pun intended.
    Last edited by jranciano; 10-29-11 at 12:53 AM.
    10-29-11 12:51 AM
    Becareful of such casing. I had such casing on my 9800 but after a while, the casing actually scratch on the phone itself.

- Charles
    10-29-11 01:55 AM
    Thanks for the heads up.

The case is made of plastic (no metal whatsoever), with a rubberized material (similar material used on the backing of the 9900/9930 that surrounds the battery door) lining the inside. Both the plastic and rubber are too soft to scratch the BB. The only area the case makes contact to fasten itself to the BB is the BB's stainless steel trim, and the plastic is too soft to scratch that.

I've taken the case on and off half a dozen times; no scratches. I can understand the Torch getting scratched since the outer parts of the Torch where cases would make contact are just plastic with a thin film/paint. However, this is by no means saying that you should throw caution to the wind
    Last edited by jranciano; 10-29-11 at 04:09 AM.
    10-29-11 04:03 AM
    looks like a nice skin...and a great price. might order one as a second case.
    10-29-11 01:01 PM
    its only plastic i believe as on their page it says-
    "New carbon fiber design style,made of hard plastic to protector your phone"

but i have to say it looks good though
    10-29-11 05:50 PM
    For 5 bucks good value
    Thnx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-11 11:03 PM
    Yeah thats pretty nice. I always turn to Ebay to get all of my acessories like cases, batteries and chargers. And I mainly get them from China or Hong Kong. There real cheap, never had any problems and I've never been burned.
    10-30-11 06:09 AM
    Looks very nice, hoping that its simplicity is just what I am looking for..I mainly like to just use my holster
    10-30-11 11:38 AM
    Can you post some pics of it on the phone?

Also, how much thicker does it make the phone?
    10-30-11 11:41 AM
    Wow, great price. I ordered one just on price alone.
    10-30-11 12:13 PM
    looks like a nice skin...and a great price. might order one as a second case.
    Yeah, it's borderline between a skin and a case. I like that.

its only plastic i believe as on their page it says-
    "New carbon fiber design style,made of hard plastic to protector your phone"

but i have to say it looks good though
    Yeah, it's plastic. But I didn't really buy the case for protection as so much as the look and the fact that I just need something to protect against scratches, not 5-10ft drops

For 5 bucks good value
    Thnx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Heck yes.

Yeah thats pretty nice. I always turn to Ebay to get all of my acessories like cases, batteries and chargers. And I mainly get them from China or Hong Kong. There real cheap, never had any problems and I've never been burned.
    Same here. I always turn to ebay and craigslist. Never been burned either. It's hard for me to grasp how many people are still wary of buying things online from ebay or other places. Just use common sense.

Looks very nice, hoping that its simplicity is just what I am looking for..I mainly like to just use my holster
    I mainly use my holster. But there are few occasions when the holster is a bit obtrusive (such as when I wear a suit... it messes up the James Bond like silhouette ) In those cases (har-har), I use this carbon case and just hold the phone in my hand or place it in my suit jacket's inner breast pocket.

Can you post some pics of it on the phone?

Also, how much thicker does it make the phone?
    I wish I could! But I don't have a camera other than my BB. I'll see if I can borrow someone's camera...

Wow, great price. I ordered one just on price alone.

Yup, I did the same. Price alone is a deal.

The build quality is no where near that of Seidio, Casemate or Otterbox, but it's DAMN good for only $5 shipped!
    10-30-11 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD