I have set the "Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster" option to "Never". However my newest message whether it's and SMS, Email, or Facebook notification still open automatically when I remove my tour from the holster.

This option work correctly on my wifes tour also this was working fine on mine until I used the BB desktop software to update and it wiped my tour back to factory settings.

Any ideas guys and gals?
    09-15-09 06:47 AM
    What OS are you running on your Tour?

When it is in the holster, and you remove it right after a message has been received it will generally pop up. A work around would be to wait 10 to 15 seconds after the message is received, and then take it out of the holster, then the message usually doesnt pop up.
    09-15-09 06:49 AM
    This is a software bug. The phone ignores that setting and messages pop-up anyway.

At this point, the only way is to wait before pulling your phone out..... This bug is still there in the .42 leak...
    09-15-09 07:47 AM
    on 5.0.0.191 there seem to be more options for this, so hopefully a real fix is on its way!
    09-15-09 07:48 AM
    Have you done a battery pull since you changed the setting? Just a random suggestion
    09-15-09 08:12 AM
    This is a designed feature of the BlackBerry, not a bug as stated above.

Remember, the BB is primarily a business tool, it is designed for people who want the quick draw open instead of having to scroll to check a message. All of the BBs do this. And having seen this question a few hundred tines, I have yet to see this feature disabled, because it is activated by the magnet switch.

As stated above, don't pull the device for 15 seconds if you don't want it to open.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-09 08:23 AM
    Correct, it was the same way with all my previous devices....
    09-15-09 08:38 AM
    Yup, every Blackberry does this. I learned a while back to just wait a few seconds before checking if I don't want it popping right up.

ALL THOUGH, on the Tour it seems that I can get a message and no matter how long I wait it will pop up as soon as I remove it from the holster. Doesn't always happen but most of the time it does.

Even though this is an intended feature, on the Tour there is definitely a bug keeping it from working consistently and properly.
    09-15-09 08:39 AM

Remember, the BB is primarily a business tool, it is designed for people who want the quick draw open instead of having to scroll to check a message. All of the BBs do this. And having seen this question a few hundred tines, I have yet to see this feature disabled, because it is activated by the magnet switch.

As stated above, don't pull the device for 15 seconds if you don't want it to open.

It is absolutely a software bug!

While it IS a nice feature for those who like it and it may have been a fixed behavior on older devices, the Tour has settings to customize this behavior.

If you go into your messaging application options there is a setting called "Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster". You can set it to "Always", "Never" or "After Sound or Vibration".

Now even if you set this setting to "Never" the device still behaves as if it was set to "Always". This means that the setting doesn't have the effect it's designed to have, therefore it is a SOFTWARE BUG.

09-15-09 09:34 AM

There is a setting in the Tour's OS, exclusive to the tour at this point I believe, that specifically disables this feature. It is a bug if its not working properly.
    09-15-09 09:58 AM
    I small work-around that I found (because I'm having the same issue) is to just open the calendar program before putting the phone in the holster. I keep my calendar icon on the home screen, so that's what I do. Just open that up to the main monthly calendar view by clicking on the icon. Then, whenever I get a FB message, I can pull the phone out and it DOESN'T go right to the FB page.
    09-15-09 11:06 AM
    I was wondering if this is still a current bug?
    10-25-09 12:45 AM
    I think it is still an active bug, I just bought a tour last week and it's doing the same thing, kinda annoying.
    10-26-09 12:48 PM
    I never had this problem with my last blackberry. Just got my Tour two days ago, went into messaging options and changed the setting to "never auto open". Problem solved.
    10-28-09 09:42 AM
    Mine is set on "never auto open" yet still auto-opens sometimes.
    11-06-09 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD