I just received my 9700 today.

I have been playing around with it and I can't figure out something.

I know that the BB will detect the OEM holster and will affect settings based on whether it is in the holster or not. Such as ringtones and sound alerts.

One of the thing that bugs the heck out of me is that once I lock my keypad with the button on the top left, I would put it in my holster and when I take it out, it's unlocked. I am not sure if it'll automatically unlock the keypad once it detects it is out of the holster or if there is something wrong. Is it supposed to do this?

Is there a way that I can lock and unlock keypad without the BB checking for a holster? Meaning that I want to manually lock and unlock by pressing that top left button everything and not have it locked or unlocked because of the holster.

I can only find the setting to have it locked automatically when it is in the holster. I cannot disable the auto unlock thing. (Or what I think it is auto-unlock feature)
    07-19-10 07:20 PM
    You might need to set a Password... check out the "How to Lock a OS 5.0 device" in my signature below for more information.
    07-19-10 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD