Hello, everyone. OK, I need your advice. Just bought my first Blackberry Curve and am LOVING it so far. I need a protective case for it, as I am known to drop my phones every now and then.

1) I don't want to add much bulk because I would like to keep it in my pocket most of the time. Some have commented about dust/ lint in your pocket as a concern. Belt clip would be fine if it's detachable or low profile.

2) I don't want a case/ pouch type where I have to pull the phone out each time to use it. I would like to have it accessible at all times.

3) Protection from drops.

Any suggestions or advice or experiences would be truly welcome. I would like to order one tomorrow, so I'll be checking back often. Thank you,in advance, to all that reply!!
    07-13-08 01:04 PM
    Seidio Ultra Slim Crystal Case! Love mine!!! www.seidio.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-08 01:05 PM
    I'm also waiting for more replies to your question, tenn. My Blackberry 8330 is awesome, and I really want to protect it. My primary issue is whether to cover the screen and keyboard as well as the case. I can't decide!!

ETA: I keep mine in my purse at all times. My purse has a cloth pocket that holds the phone. My phone is just basic silver, so I don't mind a case that changes the color. I think it will help to distinguish it from other bbs at a meeting for example.
    Last edited by nancynyc; 07-13-08 at 02:37 PM.
    07-13-08 02:19 PM
    I just picked up the Body Glove for my 8330 today from the vzw store. I love it. It's got a hard case, a clip on it and a screen protector. With my 20% i spend just under $20 on it. Well worth it IMHO
    07-13-08 06:38 PM
    I am fine with the OEM slip case. I wear scrubs all day and have no other place to put it other than the pocket of my coat.
    07-13-08 07:02 PM
    Thank you for the replies so far. I forgot to mention it definitely needs to have the sleep mode, also. Thank you very much, and please keep those suggestions coming!!
    07-13-08 08:38 PM
    OTTERBOX !!! I got one for my pearl after the first two weeks, multiple scratchs on battery cover (from oem sleeve), and one cat bite mark to screen! Paid for itself the first time I dropped my berry five feet to the pavement! Comes with a separate holster that keeps it low profile on my belt at work or I can drop it in my pocket without worry thanks to the screen/key protection. Do a search on CB for otterbox.

07-13-08 09:02 PM
    No matter what case you get, you could always spend a few extra dollars and purchase the autostandby app

07-13-08 09:04 PM
    Hold mute button for a couple of seconds to enter sleep mode.

07-13-08 09:06 PM
    OTTERBOX !!! I got one for my pearl after the first two weeks, multiple scratchs on battery cover (from oem sleeve), and one cat bite mark to screen! Paid for itself the first time I dropped my berry five feet to the pavement! Comes with a separate holster that keeps it low profile on my belt at work or I can drop it in my pocket without worry thanks to the screen/key protection. Do a search on CB for otterbox.

Thank you for the input. Does yours have the air bubbles on the screen like the picture shows? Thanks.

http://shop.crackberry.com/otterbox-...medium=content
    07-13-08 09:24 PM
    No. I used rubbing alcohol to clean my phone and used a drop or two on the screen and pushed the bubbles out. Took maybe five min. When I show it to anyone they can't tell I have screen protection
    07-13-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD