I just purchased a new rubber skin for my 8350i and it seems to work okay EXCEPT it causes an echo for whoever I am talking to. With the earphones, it's fine but without it...it causes echo. The seller of the skin swears that the skin is the official OEM skin exclusively for the 8350i and it only cost $9.99 so I'm wondering if it really is anymore.

Questions for the forum:

(1) Has anyone else experience this?

(2) Am I suppose to make a cut somewhere on the skin?

(3) Does anyone know where the 8350i mic is located?

Thank you.
    01-05-09 10:50 PM
    I just purchased a new rubber skin for my 8350i and it seems to work okay EXCEPT it causes an echo for whoever I am talking to. With the earphones, it's fine but without it...it causes echo. The seller of the skin swears that the skin is the official OEM skin exclusively for the 8350i and it only cost $9.99 so I'm wondering if it really is anymore.

Questions for the forum:

(1) Has anyone else experience this?

(2) Am I suppose to make a cut somewhere on the skin?

(3) Does anyone know where the 8350i mic is located?

Thank you.
    I'm surprised no one has tried to help ypu yet. I unfortunatly cannot help either, but I was curious as to where you purchased your skin for your 8350i, as I have been looking for a OEM rubber skin for mine.
    01-13-09 01:54 AM
    Okay i found some help on here.. Try going to wirelessessentialz.com. They have an Ebay store, and I believe I saw the rubber(silicone) skin for $7.99. I checked the feedback on him and it seems to be a mint product with great service. I am going to buy this one from him now.
    01-13-09 02:46 AM
    Please let us know how it goes. I am still looking for a better solution than the clip that came with it.
    01-13-09 05:31 AM
    I have the same echo problem, however try turning the volume down to 50%. I also have the rubber housing and tested it with the rubber on and off, with no difference. Let me know
    01-13-09 10:34 AM
    Okay i found some help on here.. Try going to wirelessessentialz.com. They have an Ebay store, and I believe I saw the rubber(silicone) skin for $7.99. I checked the feedback on him and it seems to be a mint product with great service. I am going to buy this one from him now.
    I purchased this item from Ebay and works, fits perfect.
    01-13-09 10:39 AM
    The Mic element is on the bottom of the phone a small hole on the left side looking at display side. I had the echo too and trimmed the area around the hole away. Echo gone.
    01-24-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD