Well, it appears that Seidio has quietly changed their holster designs for the worse, and since it appears Seidio won't say anything, I will. Holsters for the 9900/9930 and the 9850/9860 will not have the power saving magnet like previous holsters for BlackBerry devices did. This is according to both the sales rep I just spoke with and several people that have bought new holsters only to return them because they don't have the magnet.

What a huge disappointment. This decision renders one of the great features of the BlackBerry phones useless, and as a result, I will no longer buy Seidio holsters for any of my phones.

I would love to hear from Seidio as to why this bone-headed move was made.

UPDATE: Great news! Got a message from Seidio and they have heard the complaints. As a result, they are putting the magnet in the holsters from now on. So, once I know for sure the holsters have the magnet, I will reorder one for my 9930.
    Last edited by ifarlow; 10-06-11 at 01:01 PM.
    10-05-11 01:01 PM
    I've been watching and waiting for this feature on a holster. Darn it.
    10-05-11 01:23 PM
    Strange thing is that Seidio put magnets in their holsters for previous devices. Used Seidio spring clip holsters for every BlackBerry I have owned (that they made one for). Loved them up until today.
    10-05-11 01:43 PM
    UPDATE: Great news! Got a message from Seidio and they have heard the complaints. As a result, they are putting the magnet in the holsters from now on. So, once I know for sure the holsters have the magnet, I will reorder one for my 9930.
    10-06-11 01:01 PM
    Wonderful to hear. I look forward to getting one.
    10-06-11 01:36 PM
    I just bought a Surface holster and there is no magnet and Seidio won't return my customer support email.
    11-21-11 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD