I just purchased a new C-M2 battery, from the ShopCrackBerry.com store for my 8100 Pearl, and for some reason it doesn't seem to last all that much longer than the two-year-old battery that I was replacing. I know that many different things can negatively effect battery life, but no changes were made to settings, so shouldn't I see a considerable difference in a "new" battery and a two-year-old battery?

Also, when I put the battery into the phone to charge for the first time I immediately received a message that said something to the effect of "Insufficient power to turn on radio" after a few minutes of charging the radio turned itself on. I've purchased many Li-ion batteries in the past, for phones and other devices, and they have always had at least enough juice to fully power on the phone or whatever for a minute or two straight out of the box. Could this lack of juice be a bad omen?

Is there any charge cycle counter for the BlackBerry that can tell me the status of the old battery versus the new one (does my old battery have 400 cycles versus a new battery with 2 cycles, or maybe the fact that the new battery has a couple hundred cycles on it?) I know that my MacBook Pro, iPod, DSLR batteries all have ways to check on the number of charge cycles, is the BB the same?
    11-13-08 09:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD