I just got a otterbox for my 8900 and it all works great... Except now for some reason my alt button is acting up. It was fine before. I took the case off and carefully placed each piece back on, and the culprit seems to be when you snap the rubber over the right convienience key. Works fine until then. The problem I'm having, is that you can't hold the alt button to type ... Or ,,, or even 12345, you have to press it each time you want to use. A small anoyance. Anyone had this problem, and anyone know of a possible fix?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-25-09 09:50 PM
    Interesting. I have the Otterbox 8900 as well-but does not exhibit this issue. Have you tried without the clear cover for the keyboard and just the plastic and rubber shell? Maybe the PVC skin is depressing a button.
    06-29-09 02:12 AM
    U know what? Crazy thing. So I took everything off the phone. Little by little I put each piece back on and then tested the alt button. Keypad screen, works. Hard shell, works. I slipped on the silicone and snapped it on one tab at a time. Every one was fine except the tab right in front of the right convienience key. I can only guess the tab underneath is messing with the convienience key, but not to the point where its turning on the camera. That part is definitely the culprit but before I shave the tab or sand it down I wanted to make sure I wasn't wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-30-09 07:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD