I dont know if this has been posted but thought it looked pretty slick, im ordering one right now

lol heres the linkNew BB Storm Otterbox
    Last edited by majgi; 07-28-09 at 10:20 PM. Reason: sorry for small pics :)
    07-28-09 10:17 PM
    Nice. Looks like a lot of effort went into that design and seems well built.

I would possibly consider it, if I were to ever buy some sort of protection. Please post a review when you receive it.
    07-28-09 10:26 PM
    So the case that most Otterbox users have is the Defender? And this one is different? If this one is good at dust protection I'll probably buy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-28-09 10:33 PM
    already signed up to receive an email when it come out.
    07-28-09 10:40 PM
    Doesn't look like it has a belt clip. Otherwise looks good.
    07-29-09 11:45 AM
    it's available for purchase but does not have a belt clip, which is why it's cheaper... don't like that. otherwise an awesome case from what i hear.
    Last edited by nasmith7; 07-29-09 at 12:17 PM. Reason: i left out inforamation
    07-29-09 12:06 PM
    it's available for purchase but does not have a belt clip, which is why it's cheaper... don't like that. otherwise an awesome case from what i hear.
    yep just got the email. i hope they release a belt clip for it soon because i dont like putting my phone in my pocket.
    07-29-09 12:32 PM
    yep just got the email. i hope they release a belt clip for it soon because i dont like putting my phone in my pocket.
    not this one. it's amazing how many manufacturers still don't realize that this phone has a gap around the screen!
    07-29-09 12:42 PM
    Anyjuan know if this juan has a screen cover like the defender?
    07-29-09 03:04 PM
    Anyjuan know if this juan has a screen cover like the defender?
    Looks to have a regular screen protector.

http://forums.crackberry.com/e?link=...token=FCDK32ZE
    07-29-09 03:24 PM
    looks sick, i might have to get one. i wore out my otter box and it's kinda big. not pocket friendly lol!
    07-29-09 04:01 PM
    I talked to the verizon sales rep for OtterBox, he stated they are releasing a smaller version of the defender series. There have been a lot of complaints on the size and it is too much protection for normal use. It is supposed to still have all the same protection, but less. As of right now, he said they are still going to keep the defender series.
    07-29-09 09:20 PM
    if it's waterproof then i'm sold, i'll take it!
    07-29-09 09:21 PM
    That is aslick case.
    07-29-09 09:29 PM
    I purchased this one at the verizon store, including the belt clip for $49.99-it is a great "protective" case for the storm, considering my bf dunked his twice in water and we had to pay both times to have it replaced on the insurance. This completely protects the phone from things like a quick drop in the mud puddle or baby drool (which was our second replacement reason). He loves it. Not intended to make your phone water proof, just water resisitant. So don't take it swimming!
    07-29-09 09:36 PM
    I purchased this one at the verizon store, including the belt clip for $49.99-it is a great "protective" case for the storm, considering my bf dunked his twice in water and we had to pay both times to have it replaced on the insurance. This completely protects the phone from things like a quick drop in the mud puddle or baby drool (which was our second replacement reason). He loves it. Not intended to make your phone water proof, just water resisitant. So don't take it swimming!
    You got a Commuter case with a belt clip? I called and they said they do not make a belt clip for it.
    08-03-09 04:32 PM
    I just got mine today. I mainly got it to protect it from being dropped. It looks like it will protect it pretty well and it also feels pretty comfortable to hold.
    08-04-09 07:34 PM
    Yeah it's cool stuff alright I brought my scuba diving with me yesterday. Not a drop not a single drop!!!! LOL
    08-05-09 02:40 PM
    Hi guys,
    Just got the commuter case for my Storm...thought someone would wanna know what I think.
    So I had the Sedio Hybrid Case...had the Sedio II in black before that. I liked my hybrid case but it involves putting two pieces together and they "click" on...well eventually a bit of the pastic cover broke and so did the snapping mechanism...some how I knew that was gonna happen sooner or later...it happened six weeks after I got it!
    So got the new Otterbox Commuter and just put it on my phone.
    I got the screen cover on and have to tell you I Absolutely HATE putting on screen covers cause if I don't get it right the first time, it's a mess....but I pretty much got it on right with almost no bubbles.
    Now on the rest of it....so it's got a nice flexable plastic skin that gets on without any problem, and has nice access buttons..they are easy to push but don't stick out, looks durable.
    The third snap on cover needed just a little adjusting so the inner rubber skin sits right.
    The phone does feel a little bit heavier but very sturdy. I actually like the little weight, it feels stronger. Put together it looks from afar just like my Sedio Strom caseII, but when you pick it up you can tell you have a lot of added protection.
    Made a call and no problems hearing people or having them hear me.
    I typed up an email with the cover on and felt no difference or interference from the cover being on.

PROS:
    Sturdy case.
    No problem typing or making calls
    Looks great!!
    very smooth and thin case, not gonna have a problem slipping it into my jeans.

CONS:
    Wish there was something better than the generic screen cover
    Think making a holster for this cover would still be helpful even though it's thin.
    They could have extended the flexable cover to cover the four physical button on the base of the phone...just added protection.

Sorry this seemed long...
    In short, I like this cover, now lets see how long it lasts.
    Tonnes better than both my Sedio covers...

think you guys will like it..
    ;-)
    08-06-09 08:28 PM
    Howdy,

I've had a total of 3 Seidio cases (two Surface II and a 360) and none lasted more than a couple of weeks without the microscopic clips breaking off. I ordered a Commuter last week and figured I'd have to give up the Seidio Spring Holster that I carry every day in the office.

Well, the Commuter arrived today and guess what?

The fit is a little tight due to the rubber buttons that extend out of the case a sliver of an inch. I'm kind of a perfectionist, so I may file a few microns from the holster just for fun, but as you can see from the pictures it may not be required. The mag switch still puts the Storm to sleep when it's in the holster.

I've carried the phone in the holster for a few hours and haven't felt like I needed to check on it.

I'm going to call this a decent option for those looking for a belt clip or holster. I'll throw out my standard disclaimer - your mileage may vary, just as manufacturing tolerances do.

Just for fun, I tried the case with the Seidio Desktop Cradle. The case has a rubber door that covers the USB port on the phone, and that'll keep it from sitting pretty on the nightstand... This is a small price to pay for the added protection of the case, and I'm OK with retiring the cradle.
    08-10-09 11:08 PM
    Do any retails stores sell the Otterbox Communter cases?

I hate ordering stuff online, because I'm never home.

AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE when UPS/FEDEX drop stuff off on my front portch.
    08-10-09 11:58 PM
    Do any retails stores sell the Otterbox Communter cases?

I hate ordering stuff online, because I'm never home.

AND I ABSOLUTELY HATE when UPS/FEDEX drop stuff off on my front portch.
    I haven't seen it in a retail store yet. If you aren't home much, you might consider having fedex deliver to your office or a friends place.

08-11-09 12:13 AM
    i think im going to order one. been looking at it for a few days
    08-11-09 05:51 AM
    Can't do bulky, I bought this phone because its slim don't wanna ruin that..

Other than making it bulky, looks like a good product. Just not for someone like myself I guess. To be honest, I don't even have a pouch or anything like that, just slide her in my pocket lol

08-11-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD