Hey guys... just a heads up... was browsing Otterbox and noticed the defender is available....

BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases // BlackBerry Bold 9700 Defender Case // OtterBox.com
    12-14-09 06:45 PM
    Sorry guys... looks like its posted but not available for order yet.
    12-14-09 06:48 PM
    cool.. this is what i have been waiting for.. no you cant buy it as it isnt available yet however the fact that it is on their site now means its only days before release!
    12-14-09 06:50 PM
    lol, damn that is one beefy case!
    12-14-09 06:55 PM
    That is one case on steroids...

Does anyone not like these like me? I think it being a nice belt clip w the phone hanging out is a danger since the phone is being exposed right by your side. I'd rather have my phone locked in a case on my belt instead of being exposed.

Anyone with me or do people enjoy having a 4995 case that makes the phone stick out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-09 07:45 PM
    I had one for my 8320 and it was WAY too much for what I was looking for. But if you are in construction, work a job that is outside or just like some serious outdoor sports this would be for you.

I am getting the commuter case this time around.
    12-14-09 08:16 PM
    Been waiting on this, I can upgrade on the 31'st and didn't want to buy the phone until I had some protection for it/for my clumsiness. Wonder how long until a yellow one comes out.
    12-15-09 04:51 AM
    The ugliness is blinding indeed.

They should make one that acts like the transformers next.

*twiggy drops his bold*
    *Sees bold case turn into a metal suitcase*

Hahahaha.
    12-15-09 05:26 AM
    I like otterbox alot but I like having my bold slim. I am going to buy the casemate barely there case,it seems slim and has good reviews. Otterbox is very beefy but it serves it's purpose.
    12-15-09 05:29 AM
    i have the defender for the 8320 too...i never use the belt clip because it would never stay on my belt when i would try to pull it out. I did get the commuter for my 9700 that i have on the way.
    12-15-09 06:26 AM
    Finally! Defender is the BEST case I ever owned. Too much for most but ideal for us that work outdoors in the elements and need our Berries at arms reach.

Anyone know/remember the coupon code for Otterbox?
    12-15-09 07:09 AM
    Finally! Defender is the BEST case I ever owned. Too much for most but ideal for us that work outdoors in the elements and need our Berries at arms reach.

TechBargains109n
    12-15-09 07:50 AM
    THX auquier
    12-15-09 08:17 AM
    I already have my Commuter Case, but I'm still going to order the Defender Case for my 9700... Why? Simply because I will use either one when the situation calls for it.
    12-15-09 08:32 AM
    Wow that is bulky. Bet it provides a lot of protection though.
    12-15-09 08:55 AM
    I already have my Commuter Case, but I'm still going to order the Defender Case for my 9700... Why? Simply because I will use either one when the situation calls for it.
    would the cummuter case work with the defender clip i wonder?
    12-15-09 09:26 AM
    How is the impact case?
    12-16-09 02:18 AM
    no, their site specifically states that the defender clip is only compatible with defender cases only...
    12-16-09 07:21 AM
    no, their site specifically states that the defender clip is only compatible with defender cases only...
    thanks, reading > me
    12-16-09 07:53 AM
    thanks, reading > me
    I guess my statement (topmost) made you guys thinking I'll be using the Commuter Case on the Defender Case' belt clip/holster, eh? Well, it is either you totally missed me or I am the one missing you...

When I said "when the situation calls for it", I mean exactly either one of the two:

Situation No. 1 (Commuter Case, on the desk or in my pocket): Normal/Casual... In my room, church, market, on the street. Simply put: "Normal Protection"-required, almost everyday situation.

Situation No. 2 (Defender Case, on its belt clip/holster, of course!): Extraordinary/Extreme... Inter-Emirate travels (Abu Dhabi to Dubai, Sharjah, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah, & back-&-forth); Desert-Safari; Going to Philippines for my annual leave vacations and mountain-climbing, trekking while there. Simply put: "Extra Protection"-required situations.

Reading me now...?
    12-16-09 02:39 PM

TechBargains109n
    Does anyone have a new coupon code for Otterbox? TechBargains109n has expired.
    01-05-10 09:40 AM
    Does anyone have a new coupon code for Otterbox? TechBargains109n has expired.
    I just found this one - TECHBARGAINS0110P gets 10% off plus free ground shipping.
    01-05-10 01:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD