Hey All, My name is Stan and I bought my first BB, the 9630 and put the Defender from Otterbox on it. So far I'm pleased with it all, still getting used to it coming from an LG Voyager, but I think it'll grow on me. I like the protection offered by the case (perhaps a tad bulky) but I'm a Bike builder/technician and have alot of nasty crap around so it's a no-brainer.
    Well just thought I'd say "Howdy" and good luck with your BB's

To add, I did experience difficulty with the usb/charging fitting properly with the case and called Otterbox. They will in approx 2 weeks send a replacement to take care of this issue, but I went ahead and using my Dremel carefully sanded down the bottom of the rubber molding until the charger fit properly into the receptacle. Same thing done with the USB cable provided....So no longer and issue.
    Last edited by Twisted955i; 07-29-09 at 10:10 PM. Reason: added info
    07-29-09 10:06 PM
    Welcome, looks like you are well on your way to being a total crack(berry) head
    07-29-09 10:17 PM
    Super weird, I just bought a defender for the tour that I upgraded to from a Voyager. We're phone mates.
    07-29-09 10:43 PM
    There was another fix mentioned in another thread. They trimmed the USB head instead of the Otterbox itself. But since you're getting a replacement, I guess it doesnt matter.

Welcome and enjoy your new BB
    07-29-09 10:47 PM
    enjoy your tour it is a great phone
    07-29-09 10:56 PM
    Also mentioned in the other thread is an issue some folks are having with a delayed or not response when pressing keys. The supposition is that the rubber at the camera button presses on that button, partially engaging it making the phone non-responsive when first attempting to get it active from standby mode.
    07-29-09 10:57 PM
    I was thinking about getting an otterbox for my Tour but maybe I'll hold out and see if they fix the usb port issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 10:59 PM
    Ahhh that would be a pain. I use my Otterbox when doing outdoorsy stuff, but it works fine on my 8900 for everything.

07-29-09 11:02 PM
    I was thinking about getting an otterbox for my Tour but maybe I'll hold out and see if they fix the usb port issue

That's what I'm waiting for.

Everyone is sold out or they've stopped selling them because of the charger port flaw.

07-29-09 11:04 PM
    the outterbox is just too bulky of a case for my use... makes the phone substaintally bigger and bulkier..
    07-29-09 11:11 PM
    You sound like you have it all for bb.
    07-29-09 11:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD